"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

ELB
Posts in topic: 4

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by ELB »

Fixintu wrote:I think I'm screwed. I mailed my completed application packet in on 04/21/08 via certified mail with the US Postal Service. I never received a confirmation of delivery as they said they cannot provide proof of delivery for a P.O. box.
?? I mailed my renewal package on 20 May, via USPS, in the DPS supplied envelope. I requested delivery confirmation, which according to the clerk meant it had to go priority mail, for which I coughed up about $6. I got delivery confirmation on line -- it was delivered the next day, 21 May, at 0749.

I didn't pay attention to the address on the DPS supplied envelope, so don't know if it was a P.O. Box or not -- seems like it was a street address tho. Also, when you pay for delivery confirmation, you get a tracking number to use on line at the USPS.com website. They should have given you a receipt with the number on it, plus I think it also appears on the cash register receipt.

Are you sure you really sent it to the right place with delivery confirmation?
USAF 1982-2005

Fixintu
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Fixintu »

ELB wrote:
Fixintu wrote:I think I'm screwed. I mailed my completed application packet in on 04/21/08 via certified mail with the US Postal Service. I never received a confirmation of delivery as they said they cannot provide proof of delivery for a P.O. box.
?? I mailed my renewal package on 20 May, via USPS, in the DPS supplied envelope. I requested delivery confirmation, which according to the clerk meant it had to go priority mail, for which I coughed up about $6. I got delivery confirmation on line -- it was delivered the next day, 21 May, at 0749.

I didn't pay attention to the address on the DPS supplied envelope, so don't know if it was a P.O. Box or not -- seems like it was a street address tho. Also, when you pay for delivery confirmation, you get a tracking number to use on line at the USPS.com website. They should have given you a receipt with the number on it, plus I think it also appears on the cash register receipt.

Are you sure you really sent it to the right place with delivery confirmation?
I am absolutely sure the address was correct as it was the pre-addressed envelope that THEY sent me to mail back everything in. And yes I know all about the "tracking number" as that was the whole reason I sent it certified in the first place! That is the astonishing thing. The UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE cannot tell me if it ever got delivered or signed for and I have a valid "tracking number" on my "official" receipt! They did a "report" and found NOTHING! I mailed it in person at the post office in Fort Worth and paid for an email confirmation of delivery rather than the paper card mail back as I didn't trust them to deliver the card back to me! HAH! A lot of good that did. I should have sent it via FED EX!!!!! :mad5 :banghead:
EDC:Glock 43 IWB
USAF Vet

Andrus
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Andrus »

I just sent my packet in today. The DPS supplied envelope I had was to a PO box. I sent it registered w/ return receipt....but didn't know it didn't track PO boxes :???:
Online app completed - 5/12/08
Packet recv'd - 5/16/08
Class completed - 5/24/08
Packet mailed - 5/27/08
Packet recv'd by DPS - 5/29/08
Online status updated to "Processing" - 7/14/08
Application complete - 10/27/08

Fixintu
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Fixintu »

Andrus wrote:I just sent my packet in today. The DPS supplied envelope I had was to a PO box. I sent it registered w/ return receipt....but didn't know it didn't track PO boxes :???:
Yeah, I later found out that they cannot do a proof of delivery on a P.O. box which is what is on the DPS supplied pre-addressed envelope. SO, the clerk shouldn't have sold me the "certified"! The fact that they don't show any record of it is what has me worried. I pray I get an email back from SImone telling me all is well and that they have the packet and are "processing" it. I also hope my status as a vet helps speed things up! Image
EDC:Glock 43 IWB
USAF Vet

rob36304191
Posts in topic: 8

Post by rob36304191 »

well i called dps today and they told me that they are waiting on the last fbi investigation. so maybe it wont be long now i believe i am on day 68. i had to fax them a letter from the town i live in telling them that i do not have a criminal record in this town. i thought that this was there job but who cares it get me one step closer to my plastic. the very nice woman at dps said that it could take up to 45 days to get the last one back. but it had only been taking a few days to get a response back. also i was informed that it is not taking as long to get your license they are starting to get caught up so that is some word of hope for everyone waiting... :clapping:

rob36304191

Post by rob36304191 »

took class: feb 23
mailed everthing in: feb 25
recieved letter with pin: march 20
recieved another letter: may 27( stating that i need a background check from my local PD)
sent fax to dps: may 27
current status: processing application
current status: Application Completed-license issued or certificate active june 6
plastic in hand: june 14
Robert D.
Commerce,Texas

rob36304191

Post by rob36304191 »

i tell you this from experience. do not use the pin. do not check your status online. it is like a drug. you will end up checking it a dozen times a day, it turns into a obsession. No matter how much you say you are not going to check it you end up doing it anyways. just trying to help...

txff240

Just received!

Post by txff240 »

Newb here, :anamatedbanana

I finally sent in my packet via certified mail. I received the receipt showing DPS got it on 5-22. Now all that's left is the wait! According to all the posts I've been reading I may need to pull up a chair for the wait. :banghead:

Keith B
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Keith B »

Welcome to all the new members. Hope your waits are short ones! :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

DParker
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DParker »

rob36304191 wrote:i tell you this from experience. do not use the pin. do not check your status online. it is like a drug. you will end up checking it a dozen times a day, it turns into a obsession. No matter how much you say you are not going to check it you end up doing it anyways. just trying to help...
Hey, that's not true! Why, I can quit any time I want, I tell you!! In fact, the moment my plastic showed up in my mailbox I immediately stopped checking with DPS, and haven't been back to that site since :mrgreen:

Keith B
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Keith B »

I agree with DParker. There is a 12 step program that helps you quit. You have one step a week. Usually after 12 weeks of checking you are cured (YMMV.) "rlol"

Now, if we can just get it back to an 8 step program! :leaving
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

rob36304191

Post by rob36304191 »

i agree i will stop the insane checking too after i get my plastic in hand. i also think there should be a 8 step program. or i can deal with a 4 step program. :lol:
current status: Application Completed-license issued or certificate active june 6
Robert D.
Commerce,Texas

rob36304191

Post by rob36304191 »

i called dps today and they told me that all i am waiting for is my last fbi check to come back. she said the others came back quick and this one should be any day now. i am on day 70 i believe and it looks like the end in near finally! :woohoo
Robert D.
Commerce,Texas

kerryh
Posts in topic: 4

Post by kerryh »

New to the board and new to Tx CHL now the wait begins. Wife and I both have applied from CHL so now count the days.

Packet received from Austin 3 days after completing application online along with PIN.
Class completed 4/30/2008
Packet sent to Ausin 5/1/2008
Packet received and signed for in Austin 5/5/2008

Status
Packet Mailed to Applicant

Kerry

Update 5/28/2008 Processing Application

ed3eclipse

Post by ed3eclipse »

90 days and i'm still waiting, online it still says "app processing" :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

SIIIIIGGGGHHHH..............
Edward
took class on 2-16 perfect score on written and shooting
mailed off 2-28
DPS officially received 3-6-08 add 60 days = 5-6-08
Got my PIN letter on 3-18
got plastic on 6-9
94 days total.geez

HARDWARE
Glock 22 nite sights
springco recoil reducer
hogue grips