Plastic in Hand!

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
red2000vette
Posts in topic: 1

Plastic in Hand!

Post by red2000vette »

...and my wife says that my picture looks like some old drunk who just spent the night in the drunk tank. Further, she says she's not going anywhere with me where I might have to show someone that picture. :mad5

total of 64 calandar days from check cashing to receipt of plastic!

Wildscar

Re: Plastic in Hand!

Post by Wildscar »

red2000vette wrote:...and my wife says that my picture looks like some old drunk who just spent the night in the drunk tank. Further, she says she's not going anywhere with me where I might have to show someone that picture. :mad5

total of 64 calandar days from check cashing to receipt of plastic!
Just tell her that you don't want to have to go anywhere to show it anyone either. :smilelol5:
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

dukesean

Post by dukesean »

lucky you, that is a pretty decent timeline considering the backlog. post pictures of your wally walk! :biggrinjester:
-------------------------------------
Sean H.
NRA Life Member
TSRA

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Mine is pretty bad too. We had a 105 degree day and had just came in from the range and they took the pictures. While I am not the best looking guy in the world, my CHL photo looks like the wanted poster of Sirius Black in Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban. :lol:

I am not worried about it. Hopefully I never have to show it to anyone judging a beauty contest. Even the best pictures of me would be lucky to get an honorable mention! :smilelol5:

Congratulations on the plastic!! :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Uglee

Post by Uglee »

UPDATE: May 15, 2008----PLASTIC IN HAND!!!! :anamatedbanana

CHL Timelines:

Jan 28, 2008-Signed up online TXDPS CHL Application and CHL Class with Lonestar Handguns (Bass Pro Shop-SATX)
http://www.lonestarhandgun.com

Feb 02, 2008-Received CHL package and PIN number from TXDPS

Mar 01, 2008-Class completed at Bass Pro Shop (Recommend taking a CHL class where all processes are completed at one
location. Ex: Class, Paperwork, Fingerprinting, Photos, Notorary Service, Range Shooting)

Mar 03, 2008 Mail CHL package.

Mar 05, 2008 TXDPS Receives package. (Clock Starts Here)

Apr 23, 2008 (Day-49) Got an email notification from Mr. Galvan, TXDPS CHLB, that I had failed to provide necessary information in regards to active duty military application. In order for the military or retiree to obtain a free or reduced price special conditions, we must provide additional documents. I was able to scan/convert documents electronically and email them back same day. Therefore I save a few day for postage time and $$! Furthermore, Mr. Galvan also told me that it should not be too much longer, maybe a couple of weeks and I should have plastic in hand!

Apr 24, 2008-(Day 50) Status changed today from "Application mailed to applicant" to "Processing Application"

May 12, 2008-(Day 69) Emailed Mr. Galvan to inquire about my status and he responded back with ""I was able to issue your license this morning. It is in the mail. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance." His response came back almost immediately, is that cool or what? Maybe that was just a fluke that my CHL was just laying around on his desk and my email had prompted him to "Put it in the envelope and mail it out! Anyways I am just as happy!

May 13, 2008-(Day 70) Status online changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"

May 15, 2008-(Day 72) Plastic in Hand! Time to do the "Wally Walk!"

I hope you all get your CHL soon, I am out of here! Good Luck!

Best Regards,

UG-Lee :txflag:
"CHL Card" -- "Don't leave home without it...or your gun!!!"

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”