Interesting Exchange by Email

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Interesting Exchange by Email

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I was told today that the license could be in process even though I haven't been issued a pin. Here is a copy of what I asked about and the response.

To: Ron
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 5:20 PM
Subject: RE: PIN Request

Your application has not been entered into the system. It is likely going though the processes required before entry. When a completed application is entered you will be sent a confirmation letter with your PIN number.

MY QUESTION TO THEM

Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 5:34 PM
To: CHLS
Subject: Re: PIN Request

Are you sure? The reason I ask is that the check for 140 dollars cleared the bank on March 20th, almost a month ago. Surely the State wouldn't rip open the envelope, take out the check and then just throw the envelope back down?

Ron Durham

The response from them

Because it has not been entered, does not mean the application has not been started. It simply has not reached a data entry person to type the application into the system.

:bigear:

nedmoore
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Interesting Exchange by Email

Post by nedmoore »

I think that they just moved you to back of the line! Just kidding, good for you.

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

nedmoore wrote:I think that they just moved you to back of the line! Just kidding, good for you.

LOL....I actually thought about that just after I hit send. :smash:

asleepatthereel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by asleepatthereel »

If anyone works in the CHL division and reads this, I dont know 03lightning!!!! "rlol" "rlol"
Theres room for all Gods creatures. Right between the corn and taters!

15 Dec Applied online
Plastic in hand 30 Apr
Kimber Stainles Ultra Carry II
Colt Defender
M1991A-1 Series 80
Yep. I like .45s
Join and support the NRA today!

nedmoore
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nedmoore »

Lighting WHO?

txtfp

Post by txtfp »

"rlol" Wow! I'm sure I'd do something of the sort just because of the frustration.
02/05/08 - Completed Class
02/06/08 - Mailed Packet
02/08/08 - Packet Received
03/03/08 - Received Pin - Processing Application
05/07/08 - Application Complete - 89 days

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

I thought it was over after my response thanking them and telling them that this explanation made sense. Then today I receive a email from Simone. Simone is obviously irritated because she typed her entire email in caps and then underlined it. The strange part is that she answered an email that had already been answered by someone else in that department. I guess she saw my question about cashing the check and blew...LOL. That woman needs a vacation.

Here is her response. The answer in itself would be considered polite...but the fact that she typed it in all caps(screaming on the net, for those that don't know the net) tells me she is having a bad day... :biggrinjester: . Yep...I'm screwed...LOL.

MY QUESTION TO THEM

Are you sure? The reason I ask is that the check for 140 dollars cleared the bank on March 20th, almost a month ago. Surely the State wouldn't rip open the envelope, take out the check and then just throw the envelope back down?

Ron Durham

Her Answer

It TAKES 6-8 WEEKS TO GET ENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM ONCE ENTERED THE PIN NUMBER WILL BE MAILED TO YOU

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email transmission is confidential. It may also be subject to certain privileges. This information is provided based on a specific fact situation and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution (other than to the addressee(s) named above), copying, or the taking of any action based on this information is strictly prohibited. If you received this information in error, please immediately notify us by return email and delete this message.

Simone
Administrative Asst I
Texas Department of Public Safety
Austin, Texas 78773
512-424-2934
1-800-224-5744

camjr

Post by camjr »

03Lightningrocks wrote:I thought it was over after my response thanking them and telling them that this explanation made sense. Then today I receive a email from Simone. Simone is obviously irritated because she typed her entire email in caps and then underlined it. The strange part is that she answered an email that had already been answered by someone else in that department. I guess she saw my question about cashing the check and blew...LOL. That woman needs a vacation.

Here is her response. The answer in itself would be considered polite...but the fact that she typed it in all caps(screaming on the net, for those that don't know the net) tells me she is having a bad day... :biggrinjester: . Yep...I'm screwed...LOL.

It TAKES 6-8 WEEKS TO GET ENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM ONCE ENTERED THE PIN NUMBER WILL BE MAILED TO YOU

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email transmission is confidential. It may also be subject to certain privileges. This information is provided based on a specific fact situation and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution (other than to the addressee(s) named above), copying, or the taking of any action based on this information is strictly prohibited. If you received this information in error, please immediately notify us by return email and delete this message.

Simone
Administrative Asst I
Texas Department of Public Safety
Austin, Texas 78773
512-424-2934
1-800-224-5744
I received the exact same e-mail in all caps from her right before I received the PIN. I found that calling and waiting on hold until you get someone seemed to move things along.

Monkey404error

Post by Monkey404error »

I actually made the call earlier today, was polite to the guy that picked up the phone, and he told me that I had already been approved, they were just waiting to print up the card(90 days to today, but another 10 or so to card in hand). So it may just be that talking to a person was a little more helpful. I just hope that Simone didn't send everyone who e-mailed's application to the bottom of the pile.
http://concealedcampus.org/index.htm
Students should also have the rights to defend themselves

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Maybe I should have just called them...but no...not me. I typed up a response telling her Thank you and then told her she didn't need to scream. :headscratch

Jimmany Crickets!!! All I asked for is a PIN.

rob02262008

Post by rob02262008 »

03Lightningrocks wrote:I was told today that the license could be in process even though I haven't been issued a pin. Here is a copy of what I asked about and the response.

To: Ron
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 5:20 PM
Subject: RE: PIN Request

Your application has not been entered into the system. It is likely going though the processes required before entry. When a completed application is entered you will be sent a confirmation letter with your PIN number.

MY QUESTION TO THEM

Ron Durham

The response from them

Because it has not been entered, does not mean the application has not been started. It simply has not reached a data entry person to type the application into the system.

:bigear:
Rocks...oh no man...just saw this email...You could be waiting a while. Since it was probably signed by Simone, I think I'd send her some flowers to smooth things out. :D

Actually I got the exact same reply on my one and only email...

Your application has not been entered into the system. It is likely going though the processes required before entry. When a completed application is entered you will be sent a confirmation letter with your PIN number

All I sent was....

I have never received a PIN number. Can one be assigned?
Thanks,
No Online Application used
Class taken 2/23/2008
Mailed 2/26/2008
Received 2/28/2008
Check cleared bank 3/7/2008
PIN Finally received 5/3/2008 - Processing Application
Application Completed 5/22/2008
Plastic received 5/23/2008!!!

SW 1006 10mm
Walther PPK 380
Rossi 38

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

03Lightningrocks wrote:Maybe I should have just called them...but no...not me. I typed up a response telling her Thank you and then told her she didn't need to scream. :headscratch

Jimmany Crickets!!! All I asked for is a PIN.

the PIN is far over-rated! Once you have your pin....all you do is check the site (many times a day)....

To keep your sanity - forget about the PIN thing....
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

getusumtx

Post by getusumtx »

:iagree: :iagree:
Having a pin just makes the wait more painful.
Proud College Student/VP of the College Republicans/Iraq war Veteran

texanandproud

Post by texanandproud »

What a nightmare - I'm still waiting but I sent in Application Feb 19th and they received on the 21st and I received PIN in the mail ONE WEEK later! Go Figure**!!**++##!!
And my wife sent in her application the same day I did and she received her PIN 3 weeks after I did! This system is really fouled. Please see my other email asking for ideas on how we might help change the system.

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

It really doesn't seem like they have any kind of systematic approach at all. I would love to see the operation center down there. Are they locked in the bowels of some high rise government building? Has anyone any clue at all as to how they are organized? One thing is for sure, to have this many different time frames for getting PINS, somebody down there is NOT DOING THEIR JOB Properly.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”