"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

longtooth
Posts in topic: 13

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by longtooth »

I know it really does not make the wait any shorter, but it seem to me this long wait/fast turn around goes in some cycles.

In Aug of 007 my Mom took her renewal & it took 21 days from mail in to her box.
There were others at the same time that were getting theirs fast too.

Enjoy the company while you wait. Get acquainted. All of us on the street are waiting for you to join us too.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Paco
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Paco »

How does one go about checking online for the status? Do you have to do the App online for that?
"Don't hit at all if you can help it; don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

J.Estes
Posts in topic: 4

Post by J.Estes »

Adios folks. My time in the waiting room is at an end. The plastic showed up in the mail about 30 minutes ago. See you at Wally World.
Springfield Armory XD-45 Tactical
Springfield Armory XD-40 Service
Rock River M-4
Century Arms WASR-10

"Any society which gives up it's freedom for the sake of security, deserves neither." Benjamin Franklin

camjr

Post by camjr »

camjr wrote:I received a pleasant surprise this morning. Movement on the website!!

Just to recap:

Class taken: 1/5/08
Mailed packet 1/25/08
DPS received 1/28/08
PIN issued 3/28/08
Phone call to DPS confirmed no issues with paperwork or fingerprints
Status changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" 4/14/08
That's 78 days from receipt to the website being updated

I guess it's just another week or so until I receive the plastic.

Cheers!
Plastic received today!!!! :anamatedbanana That makes it 80 days on the nose.

No chance for the Wally Walk yet, but I did do a Lowes' Stroll so I could buy some fertilizer and get it down before the rains hit tonight.

Checking out of the Waiting Room. Thanks for the company!

Cheers!

Jon_Davie
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Jon_Davie »

:woohoo

Plastic arrived today!!! Wally-Walk here I come!!!
Course Completed 1/19
Application Mailed 1/22
Pin # Received 3/26
Plastic recieved 4/19

kd5zex
Posts in topic: 6

Post by kd5zex »

Seems like the folks who applied in January are all getting their plastic. Guess I will expect to wait 3 months as well.
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

jonathan1173
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jonathan1173 »

I took CHL class 2/23/2008 and mailed packet 2/25/2008. I already paid fee online and took class through Katy Chl, they were great, all inclusive! I haven't heard anything back from DPS yet so I assume there was no prob with prints or anything. My Bersa 380 cc is still sitting at home, sigh. How long to wait before calling DPS to see what the holdup is?

getusumtx

Post by getusumtx »

I have a question,When everyone is quoting there wait times..are we counting weekends or just business days? :bigear:
Proud College Student/VP of the College Republicans/Iraq war Veteran

Paco

Post by Paco »

Where does one go if they don't shop at Wal-Mart? Will Target do, I know they don't sell ammunition but the one near my house has a Starbucks in it.
"Don't hit at all if you can help it; don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

getusumtx

Post by getusumtx »

Hello ladies and gents..I just recieved an email from simone...It apparently takes 6-8 weeks to be entered into the system..At that point your status is changed to processing application.That seems like an insane amount of time to me. :???:
Proud College Student/VP of the College Republicans/Iraq war Veteran

Paco

Post by Paco »

As I understand it there are only like 4 or 5 people in this office of the DPS, if that is the case then I can certainly see why it can take as long as it does.

Got my PIN last Friday, so I guess I am in the system now. I don't want to log in and check my status, might jinx it.

-Paco

pedalman

Post by pedalman »

I guess I can now take a seat here. My wife was good enough to send out the packet for me today. Ironically, my packet was not the first one mailed from our town today. She handed the packet over and was asked, "Let me guess. Handgun license?"

LarryH
Posts in topic: 6

Post by LarryH »

pedalman wrote:Ironically, my packet was not the first one mailed from our town today. She handed the packet over and was asked, "Let me guess. Handgun license?"
When I took my packet to the League City PO (this was back in November), the lady behind the counter asked me where I took the class, then told me where her husband took his.

Big Worm
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Big Worm »

Well I'm outta here after only a mere 15 weeks. my ststus changed today to certificate active, so I'm just wating on the mail :thewave

Paco

Post by Paco »

Agh, gotta resist logging in and checking. Gotta keep my trigger/mouse finger away from the log in button.

Must...

Be...

Strong...

-Paco

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”