"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Jon_Davie
Posts in topic: 8

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Jon_Davie »

Well, here we go. My brother and I took the same class. He received a letter with his pin about 2 weeks ago, then last Fri received his card!! For me, still nothing.

:waiting:
Course Completed 1/19
Application Mailed 1/22
Pin # Received 3/26
Plastic recieved 4/19

Big Worm
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Big Worm »

I sent in my packet on Feb 3Rd.
Recieved in Austin Feb 5th
It has now been about seven weeks and my status still says "Packet mailed to applicant". I called a couple of weeks ago and they told me that my application was in prescreening. Is waiting longer than seven weeks the norm for the status to change?

Lobo73
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Lobo73 »

Big Worm wrote:Is waiting longer than seven weeks the norm for the status to change?
Took mine 52 days to move from "Packet Mailed to Applicant".
Before God I swear this creed: my pistol and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Keith B »

Big Worm wrote:I sent in my packet on Feb 3Rd.
It has now been about seven weeks and my status still says "Packet mailed to applicant". I called a couple of weeks ago and they told me that my application was in prescreening. Is waiting longer than seven weeks the norm for the status to change?
Hi Big Worm,

Welcome to the forum.

It can sometimes take a longer time than usual depending on their load. It seems to be a little random at times though. There are stories of some taking the class the same day, sending in at the same time and getting their license 2 or 3 weeks apart.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

J.Estes

Post by J.Estes »

Packet submitted 1/27/2008.
Check cleared 2/4/2008.
Recieved PIN 3/21/2008.
Currently in the "Processing Application" holding pattern.
Springfield Armory XD-45 Tactical
Springfield Armory XD-40 Service
Rock River M-4
Century Arms WASR-10

"Any society which gives up it's freedom for the sake of security, deserves neither." Benjamin Franklin

Jon_Davie
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Jon_Davie »

Well, the pin # came in today and judging by all of the comments about how terrible it is to check every day (or every few hours in some cases), I think that I am just going to sit on the letter and not check my status at all.
Course Completed 1/19
Application Mailed 1/22
Pin # Received 3/26
Plastic recieved 4/19

Big Worm
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Big Worm »

Big Worm wrote:I sent in my packet on Feb 3Rd.
Eight weeks and just now the status changed to "processing application" Maybe another eight weeks to plastic in hand :waiting:

wacc
Posts in topic: 1

Post by wacc »

Hey everyone,

Im new to the site and love all the information it has provided. I am like the rest of you now, "Processing Application".

J.Estes

UPDATE: "Waiting Room"

Post by J.Estes »

Check cleared 2/4/2008.
Recieved PIN 3/21/2008.
4/10/08 Status changed to "Application Completed-License Issued or certificate active".

I had a hiccup last week with a letter from the licensing bureau wanting paperwork regarding some dismissed charges I had forgotten about from 16 or so years ago. On Monday of this week, I scanned the documents I had, emailed them to Simone and asked her if what I sent would be sufficient. I still haven't heard back from her; however; the status of my application has changed. I'm hoping this is a good sign, but I don't want to get my hopes up yet.....time will tell.
Rock River M-4
Century Arms WASR-10

"Any society which gives up it's freedom for the sake of security, deserves neither." Benjamin Franklin

J.Estes

Update, Again. "Waiting Room"

Post by J.Estes »

I got an email just now from Simone and she stated my license was issued today, wooohooo. As I mentioned in my previous post, I scanned and emailed the documents that she requested, which shaved untold days off the turn around time. I got a letter Monday 4/7 requesting more paperwork, I scanned and sent them on 4/8 and my license was cut on 4/10. The quickest I've seen them move since I started the ordeal in January.
Good luck and a quick turn around to everyone.

Check cleared 2/4/2008.
Recieved PIN 3/21/2008.
License Issued 4/10/08
Rock River M-4
Century Arms WASR-10

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 12

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Hello all. New to the forum and just found the waiting room....Waiting Room...LOL...nice idea. I figured I would join the rest of you. This waiting is a killer. Reading how long several here are waiting is somewhat discouraging. Here is my timeline so far.

3-07-08 Took Class....school supplied packet
3-12-08 Mailed packet
3-20-08 Check cleared bank
4-11-08 Nothing...Nada...zip...No Pin. Received email after requesting pin telling me my application wasn't in the system yet.

Nice of them to open it up and make a dash for the cash. Too bad they seem to have just thrown the packet back in the pile. At least we know they have their priorities in order :grumble .

Keith B
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Keith B »

Welcome to the forum 03lightningrocks. Hope your wait isn't too long. To help ease the pain, the archives here are great reading while waiting!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 12

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Thanks for the welcome Keith. Alot of really good reading here from what I have seen so far. I was invited to the forum by HighVelocity. Maybe it will make the wait seem less painful having others in the same boat I am in. :cheers2:

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

More likely, it will be a case of "Misery loves company" while you wait. Welcome to the forum. It's a good place to hang out.
NRA lifetime member

camjr

Post by camjr »

I received a pleasant surprise this morning. Movement on the website!!

Just to recap:

Class taken: 1/5/08
Mailed packet 1/25/08
DPS received 1/28/08
PIN issued 3/28/08
Phone call to DPS confirmed no issues with paperwork or fingerprints
Status changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" 4/14/08
That's 78 days from receipt to the website being updated

I guess it's just another week or so until I receive the plastic.

Cheers!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”