Finger prints

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
dukalmighty
Posts in topic: 1

Finger prints

Post by dukalmighty »

I was at the range today when an elderly gent came in with a fingerprint card rejection from tx chl,this was the second rejection,I guess his ridges aren't good enough that when his fingers get inked they tend to smudge more than transfer a good print,they sent him a card about electronic fingerprinting services which should solve his problem.I'm ot sure what they run but if you have any doubts about quality of your prints you may want to do the electronic method,every time they reject something on your app it starts over took me almost 6 months to get my plastic
It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end-to-end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them

mec
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Finger prints

Post by mec »

At one of the instructor renewal classes they mentioned a problem with getting good prints off of some older applicants. they said that on the second or third rejection the instructor should enclose a note saying that " these are the best prints I can get from this individual."

L-1 Fast is mentioned on the DPS/CHL site as a source for scanned finger printing. I tried to make an appointment with them last year but couldn't get their automated sytem to work. No appointment made. Things may have changed but, at that time, instructors I asked about that system said they had had no success dealing with them and were getting contrary information about the process.

testersbc

Post by testersbc »

i had my fingerprints done at texas handgun academy. they were the electronic version. man those came out nice and clean. i highly recommend doing the electronic prints1

rgraham541

Post by rgraham541 »

The FAST print location in San Antonio always has spaces available. Made and paid for my appointment online and at 2 pm was only the 3rd set of fingerprints processed all day.
N5RAG
Many problems of modern society cannot be solved by laws and
the legal system because moral behavior cannot be legislated.

mec

Post by mec »

Got through to DPS. they love the digital prints and several entities are set up to do them. The FAST people give the impression that they electronically transmit the prints to DPS but this is not the case. DPS does not accept electronic transmissions at this time. Apparently, the fast people mail you a hard copy of your scanned prints a few days after your visit.

testersbc

Post by testersbc »

mine were given to me on the spot..signed even :txflag: :txflag: :txflag:

neal6325

Post by neal6325 »

I used FAST for my CHL, FFL and my CHL instructors applications and never had them rejected. If there are any obvious errors you will see them right away. The cost was $10 in Houston. I recommend making an appointment online prior to going or you could be waiting a long time. They print directly on your fingerprint cards and you walk out with them.
CHL Instructor, Member NRA (Life), TSRA, GOA, IDPA, FFL holder, Veteran (USN) and of course a proud TEXAS native.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”