WooHoo! Now I've got backup!

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
PhilR.
Posts in topic: 2

WooHoo! Now I've got backup!

Post by PhilR. »

The wifey is packin' heat!* Her CHL arrived Friday. Took about 10 weeks, which was about 4 weeks longer than mine. She has a Glock 26 and a .38 snubbie, both of which she can handle quite well. Wally-walk accomplished last night, along w/a trip to Gander Mtn..

We went to the range yesterday to celebrate both the arrival of her license, and the arrival of our Walther P5c. More on the P5c later....

PhilR.

*I had to explain that term to her, as she was never a fan of 70's cop dramas....

Tim the Teacher
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Tim the Teacher »

Congratulations on a dual carry household. My wife also has a CHL and it's a good feeling to know she can protect herself should the need arise with her XD9sc.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Another congrats on the backup.
My Wife & Mom both carry.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

GrannyGlock

Post by GrannyGlock »

Congratulations to both of you. The hard thing for us is to decide who has to sit with their back to the door at restauants!

ktusc

Post by ktusc »

Wow, I am trying to convince my wife to get her CHL I just got mine and she said she now feels more comfortable. She has a Bersa Thunder .380 and is comfortable with it.

If I could only show her the benefit of both of us carrying..... We have 2 little boys, so that is my next angle. Something like "Wouldn't you want to be able to protect our innocent babies if I weren't there?"
8/8 CHL class complete
8/9 Mailed APP to DPS
8/11 DPS received APP
8/29 Received PIN
9/26 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
9/28 Plastic arrived in mail. (Good job USPS)

The ONLY difference between a DREAM and a GOAL is a PLAN! --MT--

chewy555

Post by chewy555 »

GrannyGlock wrote:Congratulations to both of you. The hard thing for us is to decide who has to sit with their back to the door at restauants!
Have the better shot sit facing the door.
I would sit with my back to the door since my wife is the better shot.
H&K USP 45
Taurus Tracker .357
Taurus 1911

Topic author
PhilR.

Post by PhilR. »

GrannyGlock wrote:Congratulations to both of you. The hard thing for us is to decide who has to sit with their back to the door at restauants!
:lol:

We never have that problem. As long as she's known me, I've always sat where I had the best view possible. Something left over from my military days....

PhilR.

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

We have these arguments too. I always feel badly for the hostess seating us.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Thane

Post by Thane »

So sit side-by-side! :lol:

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

It certainly is great to have a two CHL household. I am pleased that my husband is there to back me up. :smile:

Jeremae

Post by Jeremae »

CompVest wrote:It certainly is great to have a two CHL household. I am pleased that my husband is there to back me up. :smile:
Your Husband would be more likely to critique technique and style... :twisted:

Don't want to even think about a situation where both of you needed to respond to a threat....
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

bpet

Post by bpet »

You are one lucky guy. I'm still working on my wife and her insistence that one gun is plenty. Scenarios of my not being there fall on deaf ears. It would be nice to know that there is backup if needed. Please assure your wife that she has done the right thing and thank her for taking some of the burden off of you.

Oh by the way, give her my congratulations.
"Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail!" (Borrowed from an anonymous donor)

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

PhilR.

Sign your wife and you up for the Team Tactics course at Thunder Ranch with Clint Smith. It is a blast!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”