"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 40

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Flightmare »

Varget wrote:
Algill1279 wrote:Anyone know how often DPS updates the progress of certification process? Since last night at approx 7pm I've checked the status at least 5 times lol.
It took me over two weeks to even get the email saying they received my documents. Been over 3 weeks and still zero updates online. Not even that the documents have been received. I think I might be one of the people who receives the plastic before seeing any change online. Time to stalk the mailman soon.
Be patient. Some of us were in the situation that they didn't even post status updates. You sent in your paperwork and waited 2+ months and then one day you see the option to change your address. Sometimes the plastic would arrive before that even happened. I think my friends waited somewhere around 3-4 months, but that was back in the early part of the year when there was a huge backlog. DPS seems to be caught up on most things now. I would expect you could see something before long. In the mean time, start shopping for holsters and practice carrying and drawing at the house.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Sontaku
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Sontaku »

Hello all,

new to this forum.
Timeline:
LTC Class 7/29/16 (had some stuff going on before I actually applied)
Application 10/3/16
Finger prints 10/5/16
CHL-100 submitted online 10/5/16
Received email confirmation 10/5/16
No status update on website yet

Just waiting on updates.
This forum has been really helpful, but like everyone else waiting to get their license I am very impatient about it :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Sontaku wrote:Hello all,

new to this forum.
Timeline:
Application 10/3/16
Finger prints 10/5/16

Just waiting on updates.
This forum has been really helpful, but like everyone else waiting to get their license I am very impatient about it :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap:
Welcome to the forum!

Sontaku

Post by Sontaku »

Flightmare wrote:

new to this forum.
Timeline:
Application 10/3/16
Finger prints 10/5/16

Just waiting on updates.
Welcome to the forum!
Thank you, kind sir!

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bblhd672 »

new to this forum.
Timeline:
Application 10/3/16
Finger prints 10/5/16

Just waiting on updates.
Welcome to TexasLTCforum!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Sontaku

Post by Sontaku »

bblhd672 wrote:

new to this forum.
Timeline:
Application 10/3/16
Finger prints 10/5/16

Just waiting on updates.
Welcome to TexasLTCforum!
Thank you! :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana

Varget
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Varget »

Flightmare wrote:
Varget wrote:
Algill1279 wrote:Anyone know how often DPS updates the progress of certification process? Since last night at approx 7pm I've checked the status at least 5 times lol.
It took me over two weeks to even get the email saying they received my documents. Been over 3 weeks and still zero updates online. Not even that the documents have been received. I think I might be one of the people who receives the plastic before seeing any change online. Time to stalk the mailman soon.
Be patient. Some of us were in the situation that they didn't even post status updates. You sent in your paperwork and waited 2+ months and then one day you see the option to change your address. Sometimes the plastic would arrive before that even happened. I think my friends waited somewhere around 3-4 months, but that was back in the early part of the year when there was a huge backlog. DPS seems to be caught up on most things now. I would expect you could see something before long. In the mean time, start shopping for holsters and practice carrying and drawing at the house.
Spoke too soon. The very next morning my online status changed to "Background Check : Under review" everything else is green except for the "Print Pending"

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Varget wrote:
Flightmare wrote:
Varget wrote:
Spoke too soon. The very next morning my online status changed to "Background Check : Under review" everything else is green except for the "Print Pending"
There you go! Won't be long

wisdomk9
Posts in topic: 2

Post by wisdomk9 »

wisdomk9 wrote:Application : 9/13/16
Fingerprint : 9/17/16
LTC Class : 9/22/16
Uploaded documents : 9/22/16
Documents received : 9/23/16
Background pending: 9/28/16
Background completed: 10/1/16
***License to carry a handgun : print pending
Almost there I hope.

"UPDATE"
10/5/16 - License to carry a handgun: mailed.

Got my LTC in the mail today. 14 days after I got the email saying all my docs were received.

guard5
Posts in topic: 10

Post by guard5 »

Decided to join up after checking the waiting room to see how everyone else's applications are going.

My timeline:
7/11 Application sent
7/12 Fingerprints done
7/16 Took class and submitted all supporting documents
7/25 Status change all green except fingerprints and background review
9/26 asked RSD a question about my fingerprints being still not completed, since it had been 60 days and got the generic copy pasted response
I replied to the email asking about my fingerprints and have not heard any response.

Background- in last 5 years have lived in 3 different apts due to rent increases after 1st year.
5 and a half years ago had a deferred adjudication on hitting a guardrail. I provided case numbers agency and all supporting information to make it easier to check out.

Nick_2316
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Nick_2316 »

So Im 21 and took my class and submitted my finger prints.

i paid my application on 10/4/2016
i submitted finger priests 10/5/2016
i submitted supporting documents 10/5/2016
Email of receipt of my documents 10/5/2016

how long should i expect to wait? i had one arrest when i was 18 and all charges were unconditionally dismissed.
i obtained a copy of the dismissal order from the Nueces County (I'm from Corpus Christi) and submitted it in the supporting documents with my CHL-100...

Any idea how long i should wait? i see no change in status when i try to log on to check...

LTCTLB
Posts in topic: 15

Post by LTCTLB »

Nick_2316 wrote:So Im 21 and took my class and submitted my finger prints.

i paid my application on 10/4/2016
i submitted finger priests 10/5/2016
i submitted supporting documents 10/5/2016
Email of receipt of my documents 10/5/2016

how long should i expect to wait? i had one arrest when i was 18 and all charges were unconditionally dismissed.
i obtained a copy of the dismissal order from the Nueces County (I'm from Corpus Christi) and submitted it in the supporting documents with my CHL-100...

Any idea how long i should wait? i see no change in status when i try to log on to check...
Give it a month or so.
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

I submitted all of my paperwork the first week of Sept and my status has been all green except background check : Under Review.

Myself and a co-worker did all the steps at the exact same time and she received her LTC in 2 weeks or less. Myy wife got hers 3 weeks to the day. I am 5 plus weeks now!

I already had a CHL and let it expire more than 12 months so I was going through the process again. I am trying to figure out what the delay is. :mad5

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

So I just called to ensure everything was in order with my application.

I spoke with a very "I can't be bothered by your stupid questions" person I believe named Victoria or Veronica. I had to apologize for simply calling in after she told me my status should be in QA and that everything was finished and no longer Under Review on the background check.

So yay for it being almost here. Boo for having to talk to someone who had a case of the Mondays on a Tuesday.

_Dire_Wolf
Posts in topic: 3

Post by _Dire_Wolf »

How do I find a telephone number for the DPS. I know people can't post the numbers directly but how do I go about finding them?

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”