"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

josephtuna
Posts in topic: 8

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by josephtuna »

I saw this earlier and wanted to comment even though it's not relevant to the forum:

http://www.tanfoglio.it/eng/usa-market- ... notice.php

stay safe with that witness if you were unaware = Joe

ShannonC
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ShannonC »

josephtuna wrote:I saw this earlier and wanted to comment even though it's not relevant to the forum:

http://www.tanfoglio.it/eng/usa-market- ... notice.php

stay safe with that witness if you were unaware = Joe
Thanks for the heads up Joseph. I was not aware of this notice. I will check into it in the morning.

oldtimer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by oldtimer »

Not going to name him because he is a democrat and I don't want him to be discredited by others but I do want to offer a heart felt anonymous. . . "THANK YOU" !!! . . . for helping. Called his office and within 3 days my renewal was approved. Plastic now in hand. Again, "THANK YOU!!!!!". You have earned my vote.

West Texas, laid back and loving it!

NiMexicatl
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NiMexicatl »

Last edited by NiMexicatl on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Skiprr »

NiMexicatl wrote:
26 total days from initiating process witb DPS
18 business days (I believe)
You were planning on deleting your account on TexasCHLforum.com?

Why?

I've been here for over a decade and I know of no more informative source for Texas carry. Bar none.

Stay with us. Stay with the thousands of us.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Flightmare »

Skiprr wrote:
NiMexicatl wrote:
26 total days from initiating process witb DPS
18 business days (I believe)
You were planning on deleting your account on TexasCHLforum.com?

Why?

I've been here for over a decade and I know of no more informative source for Texas carry. Bar none.

Stay with us. Stay with the thousands of us.
:iagree:

The discussions and community here are easily my #1 resource now for firearms and laws relating to firearms.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

sevon70

Post by sevon70 »

I emailed my application, paid the fee and sent in the paperwork from my class on the weekend of 8/20 and did my fingerprints on the 22nd. By the 30th everything was green except reviewing BG and reviewing fingerprints. Nothing has changed since. Im in Dallas county. Ive seen others mentioning BG still in review but is it normal for my fingerprints to still be under review this far out?

Jusme
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Jusme »

sevon70 wrote:I emailed my application, paid the fee and sent in the paperwork from my class on the weekend of 8/20 and did my fingerprints on the 22nd. By the 30th everything was green except reviewing BG and reviewing fingerprints. Nothing has changed since. Im in Dallas county. Ive seen others mentioning BG still in review but is it normal for my fingerprints to still be under review this far out?

Welcome to the forum! :tiphat:

I have seen a few folks whose fingerprint review took a little longer, but more than likely they just haven't updated it yet.
While you wait take some time to look around, and ask questions. Someone will have the answer, and there's a better than average chance it will be correct!! :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

ALLLRIGHT friends and "lovers of liberty"

After 9 months of waiting and debating with the vacuous system that is the State of Texas DPS, I have finally received my License to carry.

Now before giving me the Hooray! Just know it was not from the state of Texas that I received this license, but rather from the Great State of Arizona; which their carry laws are reciprocal of Texas.

Arizona License to Carry:

*$60
* 2 months (submitted Aug.22nd)
* 2 fingerprint cards
*A copy of your firearms certification

Seriously Texas? Step Your Game Up!! :cheers2:

pieces408

Post by pieces408 »

sevon70 wrote:I emailed my application, paid the fee and sent in the paperwork from my class on the weekend of 8/20 and did my fingerprints on the 22nd. By the 30th everything was green except reviewing BG and reviewing fingerprints. Nothing has changed since. Im in Dallas county. Ive seen others mentioning BG still in review but is it normal for my fingerprints to still be under review this far out?
Yep completely normal. Mine stayed there the entire time my bg check was under review. I called once and asked if there was a problem and the extremely nice and helpful man informed me that, for some reason, some of the applicants will have their fingerprints stuck on under review for the period of the bg check. But you shouldn't have any worries about it.

pieces408

Post by pieces408 »

pieces408 wrote: Application submitted online 7/13
Fingerprints taken at IdentoGo 7/14
LTC class taken 7/16
CHL 100 submitted online 7/17

Status changed on 7/26
Application : Received
Fingerprints : Under review
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport Photo Holder (Out of State Only) : Received
Photo (Out of State Only) : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
License To Carry A Handgun : Print pending completion of application review
Bg check completed/fingerprints finally showed received: 09/14/16
Mailed: 09/16/16
License in hand: TODAY!! I'm official and legal now! Woohoo! :clapping:

For anyone looking to get an idea of their time lines, I've lived in three different counties in the past five years, and had a possession of marijuana charge as a minor. And before anyone asks/says anything or I get lectured..I've been completely clean, with the exception of tobacco and cold beer (in moderation, of course) for almost 15 years now. Just being a stupid kid at the time. Anyway, yay me and good luck to all those just now taking a seat!

NiMexicatl
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NiMexicatl »

Last edited by NiMexicatl on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sevon70

Post by sevon70 »

Ive lived in other states but been in Texas since 2007. Wondering if this slows the process. I was also curious if the same background check you go thru for LTC in Texas is also used for fostercare background checks....as Im a licensed fostercare provider.

thaidragon

Post by thaidragon »

TeachMan2016 wrote:ALLLRIGHT friends and "lovers of liberty"

After 9 months of waiting and debating with the vacuous system that is the State of Texas DPS, I have finally received my License to carry.

Now before giving me the Hooray! Just know it was not from the state of Texas that I received this license, but rather from the Great State of Arizona; which their carry laws are reciprocal of Texas.

Arizona License to Carry:

*$60
* 2 months (submitted Aug.22nd)
* 2 fingerprint cards
*A copy of your firearms certification

Seriously Texas? Step Your Game Up!! :cheers2:

Can u open carry In texas with an arizona chl? Just curious?

tb271

Post by tb271 »

tb271 wrote:Class: 7/31
Application : 8/4
CHL-100 Submitted: 8/4
Confirmation email that they received Docs: 8/8
Fingerprints taken: 8/9
Fingerprints received: 8/11
Background and Print Pending Review, everything else green: 8/12

Been waiting since 8/12 for the background to complete - everything else is done :/ Wondering if they received my packet, hadn't yet received my fingerprints, so put me back at the end of the line again?

Going on a road trip next week, was really hoping to have my LTC by then. Oh well. Gr.
***UPDATE***

Class: 7/31
Application : 8/4
CHL-100 Submitted: 8/4
Confirmation email that they received Docs: 8/8
Fingerprints taken: 8/9
Fingerprints received: 8/11
***Background Check: Completed 9/16
***LTC Mailed: 9/20

:anamatedbanana :clapping:

Interesting notes:

-I received a letter dated 8/11 saying my fingerprints had not yet been received. They were then received later that day. My thinking is that once this happens, your packet then goes to the "back of the line" so to speak, and may be why it took mine around 7 weeks while others had them done within 2-3.

-My girlfriend also had everything completed on the exact same dates as me. She has had ONE address and ONE job to note in the last 5 years, while I've had many (5+) of both. Our applications/process were both completed at the exact same time. So addresses/jobs may not matter as much as some think.

In my opinion based on only mine/my girlfriend's experience, it may be worth having everything (including fingerprints) done right away when you submit your application, so that when it gets to somebody they can process it immediately. If all docs are not already received by the time a tech receives your packet (3-4 daysish after submission?), you may go back into a line. Maybe not, just my .02.

:fire
Last edited by tb271 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”