CHL renewal time?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ntexaschl
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New online CHL application & procedures

Post by ntexaschl »

I received my renewed license a few days ago. No issues/problems were experienced. Turnaround time was about 6 weeks. YMMV

ntexaschl

JRG
Posts in topic: 4

CHL renewal time?

Post by JRG »

I renewed my CHL July 23rd. I never got an email saying they could not read my on file fingerprints or picture. So I am assuming all is well. My actual license does not expire until Dec. 11th.

How long does the renewal usually take?

Joe :thewave

AF-Odin

Re: CHL renewal time?

Post by AF-Odin »

Submitted my renewal with required documents as well as CC# o/a 13 July. Had new plastic in hand 12 August. I did receive a confirmation email that they had received all docs. Go on-line with your DL number and check status. Did you renew on-line or by mail?
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

KLB

Post by KLB »

I submitted my renewal papers in the first or second week of June this year. I got the renewed license in the mail at the end of July. I thought that was pretty good. My original license expired December 2.

JRG

Post by JRG »

AF-Odin wrote: Go on-line with your DL number and check status. Did you renew on-line or by mail?

I renewed online. Thanks for the advice to check online for info. I went there, logged in, and found that I have indeed been approved, and the new LTC is in the mail to me!!

Joe :thewave :thewave :thewave :thewave

shooter37

Re: New online CHL application & procedures

Post by shooter37 »

Used the on-line renewal process today. Worked fine, and took about 3 minutes. Hats off to the crew that put the system in work.

Got my LTC today, 10/4/16. Renewal submitted 8/29/16. Not bad at all.
Last edited by shooter37 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kvo45acp
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kvo45acp »

My License doesn't expire until 2/1/2017, but I like to do things early.

I submitted for my renewal on Monday 8/15/2016.

There was no License Application Status at all online until 8/31/2016.

Status changed to "MAILED" on 9/7/2016.

elw351

Post by elw351 »

I submitted my renewal online back in March. When I log in to check my status it still shows background under review. Haven't been in jail or the funny farm so I don't understand the delay. I've called several times but only get the standard comments that it's in the works. Nothing else needs to be done. Is there another number to call? In the meantime my license has expired back in June. I'm up for suggestions.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

elw351 wrote:I submitted my renewal online back in March. When I log in to check my status it still shows background under review. Haven't been in jail or the funny farm so I don't understand the delay. I've called several times but only get the standard comments that it's in the works. Nothing else needs to be done. Is there another number to call? In the meantime my license has expired back in June. I'm up for suggestions.
It's been almost 5 months, maybe even more. It's probably time to call your State Representative, and let them know what's going on. Ask them to look into it. Many people on the forum have used that tactic and were successful. Good luck to you.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

JRG

Post by JRG »

Got my LTC in the mail yesterday. Now I am good for another 5 years!!

Joe :thewave :thewave :thewave

elw351

Post by elw351 »

joe817 wrote:
elw351 wrote:I submitted my renewal online back in March. When I log in to check my status it still shows background under review. Haven't been in jail or the funny farm so I don't understand the delay. I've called several times but only get the standard comments that it's in the works. Nothing else needs to be done. Is there another number to call? In the meantime my license has expired back in June. I'm up for suggestions.
It's been almost 5 months, maybe even more. It's probably time to call your State Representative, and let them know what's going on. Ask them to look into it. Many people on the forum have used that tactic and were successful. Good luck to you.
Thanks. I hadn't thought about that. I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

KaProw

Post by KaProw »

elw351 wrote:
joe817 wrote:
Thanks. I hadn't thought about that. I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.
I submitted mine in april. been under review status since may. I've called multiple times and keep getting told they have 180days. I asked which statute that was and of course they couldn't find it. not my first renewal, I don't understand what the problem is.
That ain't no earthquake, it's me!

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

KaProw wrote:I submitted mine in april. been under review status since may. I've called multiple times and keep getting told they have 180days. I asked which statute that was and of course they couldn't find it. not my first renewal, I don't understand what the problem is.
GC §411.185 wrote:GC §411.185. LICENSE RENEWAL PROCEDURE.

(e) The department shall renew the license of a license holder who meets all the eligibility requirements to continue to hold a license and submits all the renewal materials described by Subsection (a). Not later than the 45th day after receipt of the renewal materials, the department shall issue the renewed license or notify the license holder in writing that the department denied the license holder’s renewal application.
:tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

KaProw

Post by KaProw »

Pawpaw wrote:
KaProw wrote:I submitted mine in april. been under review status since may. I've called multiple times and keep getting told they have 180days. I asked which statute that was and of course they couldn't find it. not my first renewal, I don't understand what the problem is.

(e) The department shall renew the license of a license holder who meets all the eligibility requirements to continue to hold a license and submits all the renewal materials described by Subsection (a). Not later than the 45th day after receipt of the renewal materials, the department shall issue the renewed license or notify the license holder in writing that the department denied the license holder’s renewal application.
I know, and I mentioned that on the phone. it had no effect. I did find this while scanning the statutes PDF
GC §411.176. REVIEW OF APPLICATION MATERIALS
(d) On receipt at the department’s Austin headquarters of the application materials and the result of the investigation by the director’s designee, the department shall conduct any further record check or investigation the department determines is necessary if a question exists with respect to the accuracy of the application materials or the eligibility of the applicant, except that the department shall complete the record check and investigation not later than the 180th day after the date the department receives the application materials from the applicant.
That ain't no earthquake, it's me!

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

KaProw wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

I know, and I mentioned that on the phone. it had no effect. I did find this while scanning the statutes PDF
GC §411.176. REVIEW OF APPLICATION MATERIALS
(d) On receipt at the department’s Austin headquarters of the application materials and the result of the investigation by the director’s designee, the department shall conduct any further record check or investigation the department determines is necessary if a question exists with respect to the accuracy of the application materials or the eligibility of the applicant, except that the department shall complete the record check and investigation not later than the 180th day after the date the department receives the application materials from the applicant.
411.176 addresses new licenses.

411.185 specifically addresses renewals. It gives DPS two choices... either issue the license =or= notify you in writing why they denied it.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”