"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Hawkeye09
Posts in topic: 5

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Hawkeye09 »

andro9008 wrote:*Update*

Application July 20
Class July 21
Supporting Documents July 21
Confirmation of receipt via Email July 21
Confirmation of all documents via Phone July 22
Status Page Aug 2
Background Pending Aug 2
Background Complete Aug 3
Print Pending Aug 3
MAILED AUG 9
PLASTIC IN HAND AUG 10
Got mine today too! :woohoo :woohoo :patriot: :txflag:

remanifest
Posts in topic: 13

Post by remanifest »

Application July 20
Class July 21
Status Page Aug 2
Background Pending Aug 2
Print Pending Aug 3
MAILED AUG 9
PLASTIC IN HAND AUG 10
Hawkeye09 wrote: Got mine today too! :woohoo :woohoo :patriot: :txflag:
Awww, you lucky ducks... hoping mine comes tomorrow. :cheers2: for your good fortune! Where are you guys located? I'm in Austin & curious about where it was postmarked from.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

Ftessler
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Ftessler »

remanifest wrote:
Vonic2185 wrote:I have been visiting this forum since about the time I applied for my license but, just now signed up. So, I'd like to start off by saying thank you to everyone using this. I believe this has done great things for the uniting of our true "Americans" trying to use their rights. Now, I wish I could bring good news but, I literally finished sending in everything needed back in December. Then, I finally got a new screen that had the checklist (which i feel was a good idea for the site) but, mine has said print pending since I got that screen and somehow I still do not have my license or a change to mailed. When I try phoning the number on the site, I get a automated message that says all people are busy, try later and it hangs up on me. I've been calling, sometimes multiple times a day and have yet to get through......? My personal opinion is this is the government holding things up at it's finest. I say that because, I also went to buy a pistol at a gun show and the F.B.I. put a hold on me buying one. I wasn't denied or approved. There were also two military vets at the same table and got a hold while we watched regular people walk away with weapons. Its not a denial or an approval. Funny thing is, I bought a pistol before and absolutely nothing has changed in inbetween the purchase and the hold. I would appreciate any advice or maybe I'm doing it wrong. I'm always up for knowledge and humility so, if it's something I am doing then, please someone let me know.
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm hesitant to speculate on a conspiracy, but I would definitely recommend contacting your state representative. If you don't know who that is, you can find them here. I have had good luck getting through to the DPS staff, though I haven't called too frequently. (512) 424-7293 is the number to dial - I've had the best luck in the middle of the day.

I am also a veteran, purchased a pistol from a gun shop on 5/15/16, all paperwork submitted including dd214 5/24/16. Been sitting at background check and fingerprints under review for a solid 2 months. I just called the number above and actually got a rep on the first try who stated they have all my information it just takes time.

My question is, why do the times vary so much? I don't understand how licenses are in hand in 3 weeks for some and others are up around 6 months or more.

fortillian
Posts in topic: 7

Post by fortillian »

The Verdict

Online Registration: 06/30/2016 Received Confirmation with barcode
Fingerprints: 07/05/2016 @ IdentoGo
CHL-100: 07/16/16 Passed Class and Submitted Paperwork
Application Status Change: 08/04/16 All Green, Awaiting Background Check
Application Status Change: 08/05/16 Background Check Complete, Print Pending
Application Status Change: 08/08/16 Mailed
Plastic In Hand: 08/11/16

I'm off tomorrow, will be doing the Wally Walk and hit up Cabelas. :anamatedbanana

RyanR
Posts in topic: 23

Post by RyanR »

I don't understand either. Seems impossible to do a thorough background check in a day, but some are done in a day. Then others weeks or months. I didn't even have a status page until the 4th. But since then it hasn't changed once. It seems like the actual process could be further along than the status page actually shows. It may just depend on who is assigned to process yours. I thought mine would be quick because I've already had a similar background check through them with fingerprints for a different license I hold. Strange. I was all in 7/24 and I'm still under background review.

Also, does the status change really only update overnight? Just curious if anyone ever had a midday change. My only change was overnight. I'm just curious if it's even worth checking in the day time.

OkieBrian
Posts in topic: 8

Post by OkieBrian »

Awww, you lucky ducks... hoping mine comes tomorrow. :cheers2: for your good fortune! Where are you guys located? I'm in Austin & curious about where it was postmarked from.[/quote]

Was told by one of the DPS reps they are printed and mailed from San Antonio.

fortillian
Posts in topic: 7

Post by fortillian »

OkieBrian wrote:
Awww, you lucky ducks... hoping mine comes tomorrow. :cheers2: for your good fortune! Where are you guys located? I'm in Austin & curious about where it was postmarked from.
Was told by one of the DPS reps they are printed and mailed from San Antonio.[/quote]

Return address shows Austin, there is no post mark. I'm in Fort Worth.

BigBuckey
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BigBuckey »

BigBuckey wrote:Renewal:

All in: 3/6/2016
Payment actually cleared: 4/4/2016
CHL expired: 5/16/2016
Empty holster: :banghead:

I finally got the bright idea to check the status again online today and saw this (it did not indicate anything before--maybe they are actually getting around to mine). I emailed a few times using the "Contact Us" form on the website and got a few canned responses and 1 actual response from a guy who said it was in progress.
8/11/2016: NO CHANGE (2 months since I posted this)

remanifest

Post by remanifest »

Still no plastic today... this is odd.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

Ericjd0887
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Ericjd0887 »

Ericjd0887 wrote:Woke up to some great news! Started the process on July 24th.

Plastic in hand today. 8/11/2016

Danielk
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Danielk »

RyanR wrote:I don't understand either. Seems impossible to do a thorough background check in a day, but some are done in a day. Then others weeks or months. I didn't even have a status page until the 4th. But since then it hasn't changed once. It seems like the actual process could be further along than the status page actually shows. It may just depend on who is assigned to process yours. I thought mine would be quick because I've already had a similar background check through them with fingerprints for a different license I hold. Strange. I was all in 7/24 and I'm still under background review.

Also, does the status change really only update overnight? Just curious if anyone ever had a midday change. My only change was overnight. I'm just curious if it's even worth checking in the day time.
I've seen some guys get the status update in the morning then have the background check clear in the afternoon!

RyanR
Posts in topic: 23

Post by RyanR »

Wow thanks!

remanifest

Post by remanifest »

remanifest wrote:Still no plastic today... this is odd.
I called DPS & let them know I was surprised I hadn't received the card yet. Asked where they shipped the cards from, and was advised it would either ship from Austin or San Antonio. Once I told the very nice lady that I was in Austin, she asked to review my file, and noticed that my address was missing my apartment number on the application. About $14 later, I'm back to the print + mail phase... frustrating, but the people at DPS have been nice every single time I've talked to them. Seems the speed is picking up - for those who have been waiting a while, I'd recommend giving them a call and talking to someone who can give you some kind of direction.
- Muse - Uprising

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasTornado »

Application July 20
Class July 21
Status Page Aug 2
Background Pending Aug 2
Print Pending Aug 3
MAILED AUG 9
PLASTIC IN HAND AUG 10
Based on your timeline looks like I have about one more week.

"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

HDGator
Posts in topic: 14

Post by HDGator »

Here is the current timeline for my Son who is 19 and currently in the National Guard.
This is soo much better than my 13 week wait in the beginning of the year.

Application July 30
Class July 29
Supporting Documents Including DD214 July 30
Confirmation of receipt via Email August 1
Status Page Aug 8
Background Pending Aug 8
Background Complete Aug 11
Print Pending Aug 11
MAILED ...
PLASTIC IN HAND ...

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”