"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 7

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by JakeTheSnake »

I think something happened around March or April.
Doesn't make sense people like myself received confirmation of all documents in on June 20th and had license in hand June 30th. Others are at 90+ days and still pending?
Unless they are on some "list"... :shock:

grent247
Posts in topic: 15

Post by grent247 »

Oh I forgot to post yesterday that I got my plastic in hand. I'll post the times on the other thread.
Presently, I'm at my local Dennys enjoying my rights to carry over a good cup of coffee. Hope y'all stay safe this weekend. And any LEO's, love you guys. ;IGY6

Kevo
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Kevo »

Update on mine as of 7/9/16

Application submitted - 6/15/16
Class - 6/26/15
Fingerprints done/submitted - 6/27/16
LTC100 submitted - 6/27/16
RSD confirmation - 6/28/16
Chng to "fingerprints/background under review" - 7/6/16

No change as of 7/9/16.. still "under review"... I did my prints at IdentoGo digitally.. does it usually take this long?

grent247
Posts in topic: 15

Post by grent247 »

Kevo wrote:Update on mine as of 7/9/16

Application submitted - 6/15/16
Class - 6/26/15
Fingerprints done/submitted - 6/27/16
LTC100 submitted - 6/27/16
RSD confirmation - 6/28/16
Chng to "fingerprints/background under review" - 7/6/16

No change as of 7/9/16.. still "under review"... I did my prints at IdentoGo digitally.. does it usually take this long?
Probably within the next week you'll notice everything turn green. Once you get all green and it says "mailed", stalk your mailman.

budabagger
Posts in topic: 5

Post by budabagger »

budabagger wrote:I'm sitting on day 80, with fingerprint and background still "under review". In the meantime I have purchased another carry gun and completed a extensive background/credit check for a new job with no issues. Finally broke down and reached out to state rep who is going to contact DPS on my behalf. Will see if that gets anywhere. :banghead:
Well my wait may finally be over. State Rep's (Jason Isaac) office contacted me and said they would be reaching out to DPS. Yesterday got an email from them as well as a call from DPS. Application completed, permit issued, and being mailed on Monday. That said, the site hasn't updated to reflect it yet so I am cautiously optimistic.

I thought to myself, it could just be coincidence however Goo1988 had the exact same experience and after contacting state rep they mailed it out following Monday. Point is, if you are lagging like we were, might be time to reach out to someone other than DPS

Morbidrealities
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Morbidrealities »

Mailman delivered my permit today. About 3 weeks all in.

Raf
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Raf »

So took my class i did my application sent in my fingerprints all in may and barely sent my chl 100 on tuesday
Still have this
Attachments
Capture+_2016-07-08-15-45-42.png

PPQM2
Posts in topic: 5

Post by PPQM2 »

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Received
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport Photo Holder (Out of State Only) : Received
Photo (Out of State Only) : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Completed
License To Carry A Handgun : Print Pending

What does PRINT PENDING MEAN? :banghead:

Raf

Post by Raf »

Also was i suppose to send the email with the bar code?

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Raf wrote:Also was i suppose to send the email with the bar code?
No need, I only sent chl-100 and dd214. No problems.

Raf

Post by Raf »

JakeTheSnake wrote:
I ask because it says hand gun licensing is waiting for the receipt of required material

BigBuckey
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BigBuckey »

Renewal:

All in: 3/6/2016
Payment actually cleared: 4/4/2016
CHL expired: 5/16/2016
Empty holster: :banghead:

I finally got the bright idea to check the status again online today and saw this (it did not indicate anything before--maybe they are actually getting around to mine). I emailed a few times using the "Contact Us" form on the website and got a few canned responses and 1 actual response from a guy who said it was in progress.
Attachments
Capture.PNG

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Raf wrote:
JakeTheSnake wrote:
I ask because it says hand gun licensing is waiting for the receipt of required material
Did you get a email confirmation that they received your required materials?
If so, it will stay that way until they start working your application. Also, the status online is slow to update. I went from print pending one day to mailed the next and delivered the same day. I'm sure it was not mailed and delivered the same day.

Raf

Post by Raf »

JakeTheSnake wrote:
Raf wrote:
JakeTheSnake wrote:
Did you get a email confirmation that they received your required materials?
If so, it will stay that way until they start working your application. Also, the status online is slow to update. I went from print pending one day to mailed the next and delivered the same day. I'm sure it was not mailed and delivered the same day.

I sent my chl 100 through email through contact us and got an email saying "We have received your License To Carry supporting documents. Please allow up to six weeks for processing"

aztxman13
Posts in topic: 16

Post by aztxman13 »

aztxman13 wrote:well congrats to you all...everyone is getting there CHLs fast and I'm just sitting here like :waiting: and being :mrgreen: on day 100 hopefully I see something by the end of the day today.....to those that are doing the wally walk checkout the ammo stocks for me.

so called DPS a few days before this orig post and they told me they were referring it to a supervisor because it shouldn't be taking this long and all my stuff was in order ....so i called today to see whats going on and I was informed that a supervisor does indeed have it and it may now take an additional 3-4 weeks of processing and I should have it soon...how much more processing does this need? I've actually had two different background checks done on me in the time its taken them to get to this point. all I can really do it laugh :lol: meanwhile im still stuck at the pending application review and oddly enough one of my cowokers started his application on the June 27 (i know because helped him submit it) and he has his plastic in hand as of Friday he was gracious enough to send me a nice picture of his. On a positive note I am getting very good at not tugging at my shirt or constantly checking my hip to make sure my weapon is still there. Im almost use to the feel of the holster and pistol on my side. Still can't master CC while sitting on the porcelain throne. Think ill check around the forum for a thread that talks about it. Happy waiting all :cheers2:
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that … it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; … " Thomas Jefferson letter to Justice John Cartwright, June 5, 1824. ME 16:45.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”