"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Ts0509
Posts in topic: 2

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Ts0509 »

Ts0509 wrote:New here, figured I would post my status as of 7/1.
6/17 completed online application
6/21 fingerprints sent/Confirmaton email
6/27 background under review
6/28 background check completed, license to carry print pending
7/1 today it changed from saying "license to carry print pending" to "license to carry a handgun: print pending" not sure why they changed the wording.
Mailed 7/2. Basically a week and a half from them receiving everything, very fast!

MagicMan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MagicMan »

Application: 5/31
Class: 6/1
Fingerprints: 6/3
All Documents in: 6/3
Website Change: 6/22
Plastic in hand: ??

Been waiting a little over a week since it says it has been mailed. Hope it's today :drool:

JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 7

Post by JakeTheSnake »

aztxman13 wrote: Hopefully ur sooner I'm on day 93....I've tried calling dps but I always get the same old song and dance about they at back logged and don't have an exact time on when they will finish but get told to wait one more week.....I've waited four of those lol
Something ain't right.
Mine took 13 business days from start of application, 6/13, to plastic in hand, 6/30.

MagicMan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MagicMan »

MagicMan wrote:Application: 5/31
Class: 6/1
Fingerprints: 6/3
All Documents in: 6/3
Website Change: 6/22
Plastic in hand: ??

Been waiting a little over a week since it says it has been mailed. Hope it's today :drool:
Not today :???: Maybe next week. I hope it didn't get lost in the mail...

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

Timeline:

1/10/16- to current Submitted my application (175 days)

2/12/16- to current Date that say was "all-in" (142 days)

4/11/16- to current Sent in additional documents ( 83 days)

Remaining days from having an addition 180 days according to their website policy: (97 days)

So I decided since Texas is taking its sweet time I'm applying for my Arizona carry permit which will allow me to carry in Texas because they honor our state. I know it's not idea to do because you want a permit from your own state, but come on Texas we are paying you for a service......

:deadhorse:

Morbidrealities
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Morbidrealities »

Huh...they updated the status today. I wasn't even going to check because it's a Saturday, but decided to anyways.

I was all in on 6/13, but they said they didn't get my DD214 or LTC100 on 6/27. Resubmitted those forms and now I'm just waiting on print.
Screenshot_20160702-194514.jpg

Kevo
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Kevo »

That's what I was going to ask.. does it update 7 days a week? Also, does it update at random times during the day? No sense in checking if it's not going to happen

Morbidrealities

Kevo wrote:That's what I was going to ask.. does it update 7 days a week? Also, does it update at random times during the day? No sense in checking if it's not going to happen
Last time I checked was yesterday at around 8pm and it still said my Background Check was still under review. So they either updated it after 8pm or sometime today.

Kevo
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Kevo »

Right on.. mine's just been stuck here
Attachments
Screenshot_20160702-203218.jpg

Morbidrealities

Kevo wrote:Right on.. mine's just been stuck here
I didn't advance past that part until yesterday morning. Weird how it updates.

grent247
Posts in topic: 15

Post by grent247 »

So it's been "pending print" for a week now... I have a gut feeling today is the day. I think the system is behind on updating status of licenses being issued(print and mailed) as I saw one guy last week get his print pending, printed, and mailed all the same day. Then, he even got it in the mail that same day. So today has just gotta be my day haha. Now I just get to eat my words over the next few days. :lol: :lol: :banghead:

Morbidrealities

grent247 wrote:So it's been "pending print" for a week now... I have a gut feeling today is the day. I think the system is behind on updating status of licenses being issued(print and mailed) as I saw one guy last week get his print pending, printed, and mailed all the same day. Then, he even got it in the mail that same day. So today has just gotta be my day haha. Now I just get to eat my words over the next few days. :lol: :lol: :banghead:
I remember waiting for my non-resident Florida permit. I was on vacation for two weeks around the time it was going to arrive. I walked around the house with my gun in an IWB, practicing. My closet and drawers were a mess because I kept trying on different clothes to make sure I would be concealed. Nowadays I just sloppy conceal or OC.

grent247

Post by grent247 »

Morbidrealities wrote:
grent247 wrote:So it's been "pending print" for a week now... I have a gut feeling today is the day. I think the system is behind on updating status of licenses being issued(print and mailed) as I saw one guy last week get his print pending, printed, and mailed all the same day. Then, he even got it in the mail that same day. So today has just gotta be my day haha. Now I just get to eat my words over the next few days. :lol: :lol: :banghead:
I remember waiting for my non-resident Florida permit. I was on vacation for two weeks around the time it was going to arrive. I walked around the house with my gun in an IWB, practicing. My closet and drawers were a mess because I kept trying on different clothes to make sure I would be concealed. Nowadays I just sloppy conceal or OC.
So I'm not the only one walking around with an empty iwb? :txflag:

Morbidrealities

grent247 wrote:
Morbidrealities wrote:
So I'm not the only one walking around with an empty iwb? :txflag:

I'm pretty sure a lot of people that are waiting are walking around with an empty holster, lol. Luckily my Florida NR permit is still good through August, so I get to actually carry while I wait for my Texas LTC.

grent247

Post by grent247 »

Begin day 1 of eating my words... Checked mail and not in. Should've known better...

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”