"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jackson1868
Posts in topic: 12

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by jackson1868 »

I only had to hold for about 10 minutes. Talked to a nice lady named Sherry. She said my application status had changed to "in process" on April 7th.
I had all my documents submitted by Feb 10th. She said that once the status changes to "in process" it generally takes about 30 days until they approve and send to print/mail.

Hopefully this time next month I'll have some good news!

dbmet
Posts in topic: 16

Post by dbmet »

There winging this that's for sure. No rhyme or reason why some get there's fast and some take forever. Maybe I'll call someday just to see what they tell me. Lol

Right_to_carry
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Right_to_carry »

Right_to_carry wrote:All in date 1-25
88 calendar days
Called RSD @ 7 am waited on hold for 30 min

APPROVED!!!! Is has been sent to print please allow 7-10 business days!!!

:woohoo :anamatedbanana

Website changed yesterday! All of my friends have been getting their licence in the mail about 2 days after the web change so hopefully I'll have it by then end of the week! Today is the 93rd day since my all in date....

dmthegreat2001
Posts in topic: 8

Post by dmthegreat2001 »

Right_to_carry wrote:
Right_to_carry wrote:All in date 1-25
88 calendar days
Called RSD @ 7 am waited on hold for 30 min

APPROVED!!!! Is has been sent to print please allow 7-10 business days!!!

:woohoo :anamatedbanana

Website changed yesterday! All of my friends have been getting their licence in the mail about 2 days after the web change so hopefully I'll have it by then end of the week! Today is the 93rd day since my all in date....
same here! Hopefully Wally World will be much safer this weekend. "rlol"

rexmitchell
Posts in topic: 8

Post by rexmitchell »

jackson1868 wrote:I only had to hold for about 10 minutes. Talked to a nice lady named Sherry. She said my application status had changed to "in process" on April 7th.
I had all my documents submitted by Feb 10th. She said that once the status changes to "in process" it generally takes about 30 days until they approve and send to print/mail.

Hopefully this time next month I'll have some good news!
This is what I got told as well, at least the 30 day part. They said my application was currently being reviewed by someone.

somewhereinhouston
Posts in topic: 4

Post by somewhereinhouston »

somewhereinhouston wrote:New to the forum

Here is my status
All in: Jan 30
Confirmtion email: Jan 30
Status Change: TBD

Contacted State rep today. Lets see what happens

Called RDS today. Spoke with a nice lady Ashley. Said I was approved yesterday 4/26. Should receive license in 10 -14 days. I used the trick of calling back several times in a row and got the Call back Robot. That seemed to work

:anamatedbanana

CaptainShaklaky
Posts in topic: 13

Post by CaptainShaklaky »

So my dumpster fire of an LTC waiting experience is coming to an end. After receiving my Ltc with all the right info on it, but someone else's photo on it, I had lost hope that I would ever get to strut proudly through the stale air of wally world with my side arm fastened tightly to my hip. There may be hope after all! When I called to inform them of the mistake, they sent me to re-issue. When they did, my status change had disappeared from the website. I checked it this morning and I now have a new status change! Hopefully my license will be here soon!

Bkeller23
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Bkeller23 »

CaptainShaklaky wrote:So my dumpster fire of an LTC waiting experience is coming to an end. After receiving my Ltc with all the right info on it, but someone else's photo on it, I had lost hope that I would ever get to strut proudly through the stale air of wally world with my side arm fastened tightly to my hip. There may be hope after all! When I called to inform them of the mistake, they sent me to re-issue. When they did, my status change had disappeared from the website. I checked it this morning and I now have a new status change! Hopefully my license will be here soon!
How long after it changed the first time did it take to recieve it in the mail

CaptainShaklaky
Posts in topic: 13

Post by CaptainShaklaky »

Bkeller23 wrote:
CaptainShaklaky wrote:So my dumpster fire of an LTC waiting experience is coming to an end. After receiving my Ltc with all the right info on it, but someone else's photo on it, I had lost hope that I would ever get to strut proudly through the stale air of wally world with my side arm fastened tightly to my hip. There may be hope after all! When I called to inform them of the mistake, they sent me to re-issue. When they did, my status change had disappeared from the website. I checked it this morning and I now have a new status change! Hopefully my license will be here soon!
How long after it changed the first time did it take to recieve it in the mail

I think it was about 6 days for me. When I called to get it re-issued, they said that they sent it out on 4/15 but I didn't receive it till the 21st. You wouldn't think that it would take that long to ship from Austin to Amarillo.

CMOFOSHO
Posts in topic: 4

Post by CMOFOSHO »

CMOFOSHO wrote:State app:1/7/2016
Chl class:1/18/2016
Fingerprints:1/19/2016
Uploaded docs:1/19/2016
Confirmation:1/21/16
Website change:4/16/16
Plastic:4/20/16
:anamatedbanana
RSD responded to my online status update inquiry over 60 days ago:4/27/16

bigREW
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bigREW »

Much to my surprise I got a call from Austin (512-424-2000) this morning that I only answered to tell the telemarketer who keeps calling from various numbers wanting to reduce my interest rate to go to hell (again) and a nice lady from the DPS told me I had been approved and sent to print and should get my CHL in a few days :txflag: Did reach out to my local state senator and received an email asking for TDL#. Not sure if that helped but figured it couldn't hurt.

Been a long gestation period but looks like I'll be delivering my little CHL next week (the fastest 3 months of my life :headscratch

Marvel281
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Marvel281 »

So this all started for me January 27th 2016.
As of today's date on March 27th 2016 I have my Plastics in hand.
Very excited, time to do my wally walk.
I guess I'll free up my space on the bench, and wish all of you guys that are waiting a good luck.
By the way, the website didn't update till today when I received it.
:txflag: :txflag: :txflag: :txflag: :txflag: :txflag:
:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

SplittinHairs
Posts in topic: 40

Post by SplittinHairs »

Mine hasn't updated either... I expect it to be closer to when I actually receive or actually do receive it.

Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Kenneth77 »

Wife just text me it came in today so my all in date was 1/28 so that is 66 working days now i have to go out and buy a new gun to celebrate :cheers2:
leeproductsonline.com

wking
Posts in topic: 6

Post by wking »

Here is my final timeline

All in Feb. 4, electronically.
I never received a confirmation email
Last week I emailed my state Senator and the Governor's office for assistance obtaining an application status update
My status changed on the RSD web site yesterday April 26
I have plastic in hand today April 27

Good luck and god speed to y'all who are still waiting.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”