"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

waynehisler
Posts in topic: 5

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by waynehisler »

Supposedly, once your application is approved, new options pop up on the website. They include links to change your address, change other information, etc.

I wouldn't know, because mine has never changed. But that is the status change that everyone is referencing.

Haas
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Haas »

jackson1868 wrote:I'm relieved to see that I'm not alone. I was starting to get worried. Here is my timeline:

Application/CHL-100 Submitted: Feb 1, 2016
Fingerprints Submitted: Feb 9, 2016
Confirmation email: Feb 9, 2016
Plastic in Hand: ? :waiting:

I'm new to the forum. What do people mean when they say "website change". When I login to view my application status, I get the whole "please allow sufficient time" jargon. Will that change when my application is processed? Will I receive an email when application is processed and license is in the mail? Thanks in advance for the help.
The page where you filled out your app will change from this

To this
:txflag: I love this place

jackson1868
Posts in topic: 12

Post by jackson1868 »

Thank you guys I appreciate that info. I'll wait patiently!

Bkeller23
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Bkeller23 »

Ok so here's my timeliness
Chl class- 02/21/16
Chl application- 02/21/16
Fingerprints- 02/29/16
Website change- 04/26/16
Plastic in hand- TBD
Called dps middle of March to see if they had everything. They said yes and to call back on may 02 (60 day mark) if I don't get anything new but today at around 3pm the website changed so hopefully any day now

SplittinHairs
Posts in topic: 40

Post by SplittinHairs »

Applied a month after me... wow. This is ridiculous. What ever happened to a wait queue? Congrats though...

dmthegreat2001
Posts in topic: 8

Post by dmthegreat2001 »

dmthegreat2001 wrote:
ssamarron wrote:
dmthegreat2001 wrote:wooooo....hopefully it won't be much longer now..

all-in date was 2/22.
status.png
:txflag: :fire :anamatedbanana
Did you already have the status change on the website?because I still have not got that email but do have the status change on the website
Thanks
No - the website still hasn't changed. I'm wondering if it will change once the printing is completed and its mailed.. :headscratch
update - website changed today. :woohoo
:thewave
:txflag: :fire
now - I'll head to the mailbox every day with great anticipation...

FirNaTine
Posts in topic: 7

Post by FirNaTine »

mikezee1970 wrote:Wow!

Congrats everyone (zombie, devildog, firnatine, to name a few) who got their plastic or who have seen a status change!!!

Great news!!!

For the rest of us (splittin, teachman, to name a few) hang in there ya'll......
Thanks mikezee...I'll post the time difference from website change to plastic...hang in there!!

Tkeinia
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Tkeinia »

[quote="SplittinHairs"]Applied a month after me... wow. This is ridiculous. What ever happened to a wait queue? Congrats though...[a/quote]

Same here, called and all they said was your application is being processed.

Sparky682

Post by Sparky682 »

Submitted Application 1/5/2016, DPS Received 1/6/2016
Finger Prints 1/13/2016
LTC Class 1/23/2016 paperwork received on 1/26/2016
Contacted DPS on 3/4/2016 @ 4:30pm > comfirmed receipt of all paperwork. I asked about the 60 Day period, she told me that that was an approximate turn around time and that the time for processing starts once they receive all paperwork. She also told me that they were still working on mid December and expect delays that it would proably be longer than 60 days from 1/26/2016.

I will update upon new information!

4/19/2016 Update: Called RSD today @ 5:45pm Daniel answered after 40 minutes holding. I told him that I thought I was at 90 Days All in and haven't heard anything and was just curious as to my status. Gave DL and he came back with "you haven't heard from us because we don't need anything further from you, your application has been APPROVED!, give it till the end of the week to get it entered in the system, then 10 to 14 Days to receive it in the mail. Ok, not there yet , but I am practicing my Walley Walk! :clapping: :thewave :anamatedbanana :woohoo

Update: 4-22-2016 Status Changed around 7:00am. Daniel said it should happen today and it did. Now is the 10 to 14 Day wait that he predicted. Hopefully sooner. I will update once received.
:drool: :hurry: :cool:

Update: 4-25-2016 Monday - PLASTIC IN HAND! See y'all on the other side.
:clapping: :txflag: :anamatedbanana :thewave :woohoo :cheers2: :hurry: :patriot: :fire :lol:: :txflag: : :thewave

Nternetxplorer

Post by Nternetxplorer »

Nternetxplorer wrote:
TeachMan2016 wrote:
Nternetxplorer wrote:
Nternetxplorer wrote:Application: 02/17/2016
Fingerprints: 02/24/2016
All-In Confirmation: 02/24/2016
In Hand: TBD
I'm a little impatient so I contacted my State Senator and this is my response. Hopefully, this will give me some peace of mind.

UPDATE:

Hi,

We are happy to help check on your LTC application and get a better picture on when you will receive your license. I just emailed our contact at the Texas Department of Public Safety and will hopefully have an answer for you this week.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Matthew Dowling

Chief of Staff

Office of State Senator Charles Perry

Senate District 28

512-463-0128 (Office) :anamatedbanana

Exactly the same message I received from Mr. Perry's office. I did get an email back again after about 3 or so weeks. I also received a call from the DPS that same day. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if the email and them contacting the DPS did anything. In general don't get your hopes up and accept that the wait just has to happen.

Received a call this morning from a very nice gal with the Texas Department of Public Safety (512) 424-2000 stating that my application for my handgun license has been approved and is being sent to print. I should receive my license in the mail in 7-10 days. Seems like the email I sent on April 17th to my State Representative worked in my favor, as it seems with many others who went that route. I'll update again once I have it in my hand. My WallyWalk is only days away! :thewave :anamatedbanana :txflag: 'Merica

UPDATE: Checked the DPS site today and there it was! The option to change information was now available, which means my card went to print. Plastic will be in hand in the next few days. Good luck to the rest of you guys who are still waiting, don't lose hope! It's been fun waiting with you guys, but now my wait is over!

mikezee1970
Posts in topic: 53

Post by mikezee1970 »

SplittinHairs wrote:Applied a month after me... wow. This is ridiculous. What ever happened to a wait queue? Congrats though...
In the 2016 post, I saw a couple who were "all in" in March.

mikezee1970
Posts in topic: 53

Post by mikezee1970 »

wking wrote:
mikezee1970 wrote:Wow!

Congrats everyone (zombie, devildog, firnatine, to name a few) who got their plastic or who have seen a status change!!!

Great news!!!

For the rest of us (splittin, teachman, to name a few) hang in there ya'll......
God bless Texas, Franklin's BBQ and all y'all who have been waiting so long.
Mmmmmm, BBQ.......

SplittinHairs

Post by SplittinHairs »

So... good news. Seems my wait is also almost over! I managed to contact RSD this morning via phone. I got a real nice lady on the phone who informed me my application was approved and that I should receive it in 7-14 business days. So, basically, I am off to print and awaiting the status change that will indicate it is being mailed! I wanna be excited, but... I'll believe it when I see it. It's early. Maybe I just dreamed the phone call... the status change will make it a lot more real to me.

For those of you who have been waiting 90 of so days... give them a call. If you don't know how, here is the "magic steps" to make it happen. Call RSD. As soon as the recording starts, press 1. If she talks about wait times, press 1 again. You should be hanged up. If not, hang up. Call back, try this again. After 5-10 attempts simultaneously you will hear a different recording (possibly a male or female voice, I have gotten both before) that will put you on a hold list. Apparently, there is sometimes an option to receive a call back, but I have not gotten this yet. But, yeah, keep hammering their phone and you will get in after a few minutes of effort.

jackson1868
Posts in topic: 12

Post by jackson1868 »

SplittinHairs wrote:So... good news. Seems my wait is also almost over! I managed to contact RSD this morning via phone. I got a real nice lady on the phone who informed me my application was approved and that I should receive it in 7-14 business days. So, basically, I am off to print and awaiting the status change that will indicate it is being mailed! I wanna be excited, but... I'll believe it when I see it. It's early. Maybe I just dreamed the phone call... the status change will make it a lot more real to me.

For those of you who have been waiting 90 of so days... give them a call. If you don't know how, here is the "magic steps" to make it happen. Call RSD. As soon as the recording starts, press 1. If she talks about wait times, press 1 again. You should be hanged up. If not, hang up. Call back, try this again. After 5-10 attempts simultaneously you will hear a different recording (possibly a male or female voice, I have gotten both before) that will put you on a hold list. Apparently, there is sometimes an option to receive a call back, but I have not gotten this yet. But, yeah, keep hammering their phone and you will get in after a few minutes of effort.
Thanks for the tip! I got the "call back" option but said my approximate wait time is 20 min. Currently holding. Fingers crossed!

SplittinHairs

Post by SplittinHairs »

Good job! You did better than me then! I only had to hold for like 10 minutes though so guess I got them when they first opened the lines. I hear their call back responses are good, if you ever want to try that.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”