"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 24

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Kenneth77 »

It is not strange at all , they don't go in any order just which ever one they pick up and that's why i am so annoyed when you see people that have been well over their 60 working days still waiting and then you have some that are getting them back in 30-40 days. I did call yesterday and was told that within the next 6 days they would have to make a decision to approve or deny so i am not really sure what that means , to me it sounds like she was meaning that it is kind of like when you get put on delay of buying a gun and they have 5 days or whatever it is to call back and if not you get the gun anyway and to me that is a flawed system .I really understand that i am no different then anyone else and have to wait but the fact is they need to go in order of received plain and simple .
leeproductsonline.com

SplittinHairs
Posts in topic: 40

Post by SplittinHairs »

What "background check" do they run? Cause it takes about 30 seconds to get cleared for a gun purchase.

cmcgarr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cmcgarr »

Why is this taking so long? The process must be broken and should be fixed. I say we all call Greg Abbott's office and shut down the phone lines.

Application 01/20/2016
Fingerprints: 01/15/2016
All-In Confirmation: 01/20/2016
In Hand: TBD

aCoffeejunky
Posts in topic: 5

Post by aCoffeejunky »

Class: 1/22
Fingerprints: 1/27
Submitted application: 1/28
Confirmation "we got your application" email: 1/28
Status change online: Not yet
Received: Not yet

I'm getting frustrated with the whole process actually, I've emailed asking what the wait time SHOULD be and haven't gotten a response yet. A friend of my husband submitted his application 2 weeks after I did and he received his license last week.

WheresmyLTC
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WheresmyLTC »

New to the forum, but been lurking/waiting a while.

Application: 12/7/15
LTC Class: 1/30/16
Fingerprints: 2/5/16
All-In Confirmation E-mail from DPS: 2/6/15

I have called DPS several times and received the same scripted answer. E-mailed my state senator on 4/12/16 and received this reply:

Hi Chris,
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I've reached out to DPS and asked them to give me a status update on your application and explanation for this delay. I've also spoken with our policy analyst who handles this subject to let him know that there seems to be a backlog developing over there. As soon as I hear back from the agency on your license I'll be in touch.

Thank you,
Leah

Leah Alexander
District Director
State Senator Charles Schwertner
512-463-0105

I'll just assume the position

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

WheresmyLTC wrote:New to the forum, but been lurking/waiting a while.

I have called DPS several times and received the same scripted answer. E-mailed my state senator on 4/12/16 and received this reply:

Hi Chris,
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I've reached out to DPS and asked them to give me a status update on your application and explanation for this delay. I've also spoken with our policy analyst who handles this subject to let him know that there seems to be a backlog developing over there. As soon as I hear back from the agency on your license I'll be in touch.

Thank you,
Leah

Leah Alexander
District Director
512-463-0105

Welcome, pull up a chair...you got a long wait ahead of you. :deadhorse:

TangoX-ray
Posts in topic: 10

Post by TangoX-ray »

Hi Chris,

Thank you,
Leah

Leah Alexander
District Director
512-463-0105

seems to be a backlog

seems to be a backlog

seems to be a backlog

seems to be a backlog

:banghead:
Native Texan :txflag: Philippians 2:3-4

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training." - Archiloches (650 BC)

TeachMan2016

Post by TeachMan2016 »

TangoX-ray wrote:

Hi Chris,

Thank you,
Leah

Leah Alexander
District Director
512-463-0105

seems to be a backlog

seems to be a backlog

seems to be a backlog

seems to be a backlog

:banghead:

I've learned to just not care what the DPS;rsd does anymore. It was starting to become too stressful getting really excited to open the mailbox and see nothing. So now I just occupy my time doing other things with my life. :deadhorse:

JoCannonIV
Posts in topic: 18

Post by JoCannonIV »

Dblack08 wrote:
CaptainShaklaky wrote:My all in date was 2/16/2016. I called once a couple of weeks ago to ensure that no additional documents were needed and to make sure they received everything. I asked aboit an ETA and the guy told me 2-3 months to get me into the system and aboit the same wait for my background check to come through. Needless to say I was disappointed. I thought that surely this was a mistake so I called back last week. I got the same guy on the phone again and he told me that there was no change. Not happy with this answer, I decided to call one more time. I called at about 1pm yesterday and got someone nee on the phone. I told her that i wanted to check to see if they needed additional documents and to get a status update. She said i was approved and that I was being sent to print! She gave me a time window of 7-14 business days until I receive my license! Hope this is true! Checked the website a few minutes ago and no change yet. Hope this means that they are getting caught up!

That's odd I called and my all in date was a few days after yours and she stated that they haven't even started on February yet
My all in date was the same as yours (2/16/16), I spoke to a lady at RSD yesterday that said they have not even started the background check yet. I know there busy and overwhelmed with the amount of applications. I just wish there was a way of knowing where your applications was in the process, even if they said six weeks away from review and it had been there for 8 weeks.

SplittinHairs
Posts in topic: 40

Post by SplittinHairs »

Well, today is officially the 60th work day, or 84th day, from 1/21. I still kinda consider next Monday to the real 60 day mark though since my confirmation email was received on a Thursday. I still think it may be time for me to contact someone though. I really don't have the time or energy to go through the DPS waiting thing again... so what did you guys do in regards to emailing state reps? I see some listed but I am not sure who to contact.

Raven0130
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Raven0130 »

http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/Address.aspx

Just go to this page and put in your address and it will list the representatives for you. You can email them from there.

merrittj214
Posts in topic: 9

Post by merrittj214 »

12/23/15: Application submitted
01/05/16: Fingerprints provided
01/16/16: Class completed
01/21/16: Supporting documents email confirmation from DPS

I called back in March and they said it would be done by the middle of April. Here we are and nothing has come. Website has not changed. No plastic. Nothing in the mail. No news. Tumbleweeds. Is this just a Texas thing, or do all the sates take this long? My friend at work said his took a week in GA. He might have been full of _______ though.

TeachMan2016

Post by TeachMan2016 »

merrittj214 wrote:12/23/15: Application submitted

I called back in March and they said it would be done by the middle of April. Here we are and nothing has come. Website has not changed. No plastic. Nothing in the mail. No news. Tumbleweeds. Is this just a Texas thing, or do all the sates take this long? My friend at work said his took a week in GA. He might have been full of _______ though.

There statue says, "they have an additional 180 days from submitting supporting documents". So with that in mind, you're probably in the same boat as me, in the extremely long wait line. :deadhorse:

16Adams
Posts in topic: 28

Post by 16Adams »

TeachMan2016 wrote:
merrittj214 wrote:12/23/15: Application submitted

There statue says, "they have an additional 180 days from submitting supporting documents". So with that in mind, you're probably in the same boat as me, in the extremely long wait line. :deadhorse:

Took about 30 seconds to find your answer via Google. Georgia background check is 12 items that would all be in your computerized criminal history check thru the State and Feds computers. The Texas LTC requires about 21 items to be checked, some-actually quite a few that are not computerized. The list of things required for a Texas LTC is very extensive.

16Adams
Posts in topic: 28

Post by 16Adams »

Here is the list required to obtain your LTC as required by the Texas Legislature (not DPS they just comply with legislators mandates)

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/D ... tm#411.172

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”