"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

mikezee1970
Posts in topic: 53

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by mikezee1970 »

politicalkidd wrote:Here is my LTC application timeline:

12/05/2015: Submitted LTC application to the TX DPS, through their website.

12/08/2015: Took required LTC class and passed. Received CHL-100 Certificate of Training Form in return.

01/08/2016. Had fingerprints taken electronically through a local IdentiGO center. After the fingerprints were taken, the employee said that they would send them off to the DPS. He also said that I would need to scan the receipt and send it in to the DPS to confirm with them that I did indeed have my fingerprints taken.

01/08/2016: Submitted all remaining documents to the DPS, through their website.

01/21/2016: Received an email from the DPS saying that they had received all supporting documents and that it would take up to 6 weeks for processing.

03/22/2016: It was past the “6th week” mark and I haven’t heard or received anything from anyone. I am at 61 days on this date.

03/22/2016: I tried calling the DPS in regards to my application. When I pressed “1” to speak to a representative about my LTC license, I received the automated message that they’re busy.

03/31/2016: I e-mailed the offices of two local state representatives and one state senator, concerning my LTC application.

03/31/2016: I received a quick response from the state senator’s chief of staff, saying that they’ll look into the matter and to provide them with any information that would help the process.

04/01/2016: I received a response from State Rep. #1’s office. They informed me that they had reached out to DPS and that their response was that: “applications are behind and there is a long wait. He also told me that “the DPS office pulls an application out from the stack and works on it, whenever an elected official’s office calls about that certain person”.

04/04/2016: I received an update from the state senator’s office again. This time, they’ve informed me that my application was selected and would be printed this exact day, and that I should receive my LTC in the mail soon.

04/07/2016: I check my application status online to find that my status has indeed changed.

04/09/2016: Update!!! I received my plastic in the mail today. Finally!

Out of the waiting room! Good luck to everyone still waiting.

:anamatedbanana
Congrats!!!

TexBman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by TexBman »

OfficerBarbrady wrote:
OfficerBarbrady wrote:All in: 1/13
Status change: 4/7 (85 days)
Plastic in hand: ??
I can see the light!!!
:txflag: :drool:
All in: 1/13
Status change: 4/7 (85 days)
Plastic in hand: 4/9
Thanks for all the advice and encouragement, gents! Got me a new iwb holster and did my Wally walk!! It was bliss! Best of luck and stay safe.
God bless Texas 3/2/1836 :txflag:
Congratz!

earnhardtfan55
Posts in topic: 2

Post by earnhardtfan55 »

earnhardtfan55 wrote:My timeline:
12/24/15 - Online application - received e-mail confirmation with checklist
12/29/15 - Fingerprints submitted through IdentoGo - verified sent 12/30
01/30/16 - Class taken
01/31/16 - Scanned and submitted CHL-100 online

I see where several indicate they get an e-mail confirming receipt of CHL-100 when submitted online. So far I haven't received this. Should I resubmit? I sent online inquiry to verify receipt but still nothing.

Looks like I did everything backwards compared to others but I decided to get everything completed before taking class. :txflag:

Just got home from long weekend at Texas Motor Speedway and got a good surprise!!!! Mine arrived finally sometime Friday or Saturday. :woohoo :txflag: :txflag: :txflag:

mikezee1970

Post by mikezee1970 »

earnhardtfan55 wrote:
01/30/16 - Class taken

I see where several indicate they get an e-mail confirming receipt of CHL-100 when submitted online. So far I haven't received this. Should I resubmit? I sent online inquiry to verify receipt but still nothing.

Looks like I did everything backwards compared to others but I decided to get everything completed before taking class. :txflag:

Just got home from long weekend at Texas Motor Speedway and got a good surprise!!!! Mine arrived finally sometime Friday or Saturday. :woohoo :txflag: :txflag: :txflag:
My submittal (original) was on the same day as you. I'm on the road this week and my wife did indicate that something came in the mail, looked official, but I get so much "official looking" mail that I tell her just to put it my mail pile. It's usually 99% junk mail. But, I'm wondering since you got yours around the same time as when that "official letter" came, if it could be.........

Just out of curiosity, how did the letter look? Plain? From DPS?

In any case, congrats earnhardtfan!!!

Also, way to go Jr.! Been a long fan......

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

Good Morning fellow waiters,

Devastating news coming in..... Still not website change or plastic.(Day: 92)

However, I did receive an email response back from the DPS (same day response) they informed, "Our records indicate your application is pending receipt of the following:
Documents requested via letter from the agency"

So with that in mind, i'll obviously be waiting for my plastic until the good Lord comes back to take me home! :lol: :lol: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
Last edited by TeachMan2016 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

brooklyn
Posts in topic: 30

Post by brooklyn »

TeachMan2016 wrote:Good Morning fellow waiters,

However, I did receive an email response back from the DPS (same day response) they informed, "Our records indicate your application is pending receipt of the following:

So with that in mind, i'll obviously be waiting for my plastic until the good Lord comes back to bring me home! :lol: :lol: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
Do you have any idea what that means? What documents? What agency? Inquiring minds...

TexBman

Post by TexBman »

Another day in the waiting room...

My licensed mailed out on 4/6. If it doesn't show today, I am going to start thinking my mail man is an anti. I live just outside of Austin so it should be here.

1/13. All in
1/21. Email confirmation
4/1. Sent to printing (per phone conversation)
4/6 mailed out (per email received after an inquiry a month ago)
4/7 status change
???? Plastic?

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

brooklyn wrote:

So with that in mind, i'll obviously be waiting for my plastic until the good Lord comes back to take me home! :lol: :lol: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
Do you have any idea what that means? What documents? What agency? Inquiring minds...

Brooklyn,

I have no clue what that even means??? I sent them another email with the hopes it would get back to me just as fast as I have received them before. I did not receive anything in the mail from them pertaining to the "agency letter", so I am in gun license limbo. :headscratch

TexBman

Post by TexBman »

TeachMan2016 wrote:
brooklyn wrote:

Brooklyn,

I have no clue what that even means??? I sent them another email with the hopes it would get back to me just as fast as I have received them before. I did not receive anything in the mail from them pertaining to the "agency letter", so I am in gun license limbo. :headscratch
That sucks. Probably means they sent you snail mail.

brooklyn
Posts in topic: 30

Post by brooklyn »

TeachMan2016 wrote:
brooklyn wrote:

Brooklyn,

I received a letter from the RSD requesting more info. It took 6-7 days to get to me from the date on the letter.

TexBman

Post by TexBman »

TexBman wrote:Another day in the waiting room...

My licensed mailed out on 4/6. If it doesn't show today, I am going to start thinking my mail man is an anti. I live just outside of Austin so it should be here.

1/13. All in
1/21. Email confirmation
4/7 status change
???? Plastic?
4/11 plastic has landed. Someone can have my seat. :anamatedbanana

meyerch5
Posts in topic: 64

Post by meyerch5 »

TexBman wrote:

1/13. All in
1/21. Email confirmation
4/7 status change
???? Plastic?
Congratulations brother. Stay safe.

TexBman

Post by TexBman »

meyerch5 wrote:
TexBman wrote:

1/13. All in
1/21. Email confirmation
4/7 status change
???? Plastic?
Thanks man. Hopefully yours is not far behind.

mikezee1970

Post by mikezee1970 »

mikezee1970 wrote:
earnhardtfan55 wrote:
01/30/16 - Class taken

My submittal (original) was on the same day as you. I'm on the road this week and my wife did indicate that something came in the mail, looked official, but I get so much "official looking" mail that I tell her just to put it my mail pile. It's usually 99% junk mail. But, I'm wondering since you got yours around the same time as when that "official letter" came, if it could be.........

Just out of curiosity, how did the letter look? Plain? From DPS?

In any case, congrats earnhardtfan!!!

Also, way to go Jr.! Been a long fan......
False alarm. It was junk mail as expected........

Drat!!!

meyerch5
Posts in topic: 64

Post by meyerch5 »

TexBman wrote:
meyerch5 wrote:
TexBman wrote:

1/13. All in
1/21. Email confirmation
4/7 status change
???? Plastic?
Thanks man. Hopefully yours is not far behind.
I appreciate it. Day 82 - no status change, no update, no mail...

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”