"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

WilliePete
Posts in topic: 16

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by WilliePete »

mikezee1970 wrote:
2stanleyde wrote:Okay, wasn't going to post because I feel like such an idiot! Took my class 11/28/15, submitted paperwork 11/30/15, fingerprints 12/12/15. Thought I had submitted everything! On March 15, 2016, I finally got through after being on hold for 45 minutes to talk to someone after 2 emails were never answered. Seems that they didn't receive all my supporting documents! So, sent a pdf and then finally got confirmation email 3/15. So, here I sit waiting again I guess for an additional 60 plus days, but have no one to blame but myself. The lady did say that everything else was done. I never received an email or snail mail saying hey, we are missing something. So, I am checking daily, but so far no status change!
Same boat as you. There are a few others as well. I didn't wait as long as you did because I read a lot of posts that referenced a confirmation e-mail and I never received one the first time.

I sent, or rather thought I sent, everything in back on December 15. I never received a confirmation email. I did email them to see if they got everything, but got a cookie cutter response. I called Februry 12th and was told that they did not have my paperwork. I resubmitted and received a confirmation email on Feb 19, a few days later. Man, I waited two months and was told to go to the back of the line. Sonofa... What do you do but wait more.

mikezee1970
Posts in topic: 53

Post by mikezee1970 »

WilliePete wrote:
mikezee1970 wrote:
2stanleyde wrote:Okay, wasn't going to post because I feel like such an idiot! Took my class 11/28/15, submitted paperwork 11/30/15, fingerprints 12/12/15. Thought I had submitted everything! On March 15, 2016, I finally got through after being on hold for 45 minutes to talk to someone after 2 emails were never answered. Seems that they didn't receive all my supporting documents! So, sent a pdf and then finally got confirmation email 3/15. So, here I sit waiting again I guess for an additional 60 plus days, but have no one to blame but myself. The lady did say that everything else was done. I never received an email or snail mail saying hey, we are missing something. So, I am checking daily, but so far no status change!
Same boat as you. There are a few others as well. I didn't wait as long as you did because I read a lot of posts that referenced a confirmation e-mail and I never received one the first time.

I sent, or rather thought I sent, everything in back on December 15. I never received a confirmation email. I did email them to see if they got everything, but got a cookie cutter response. I called Februry 12th and was told that they did not have my paperwork. I resubmitted and received a confirmation email on Feb 19, a few days later. Man, I waited two months and was told to go to the back of the line. Sonofa... What do you do but wait more.
Williepete, thanks for chiming in. I didn't want to mention you by name.

I'm hoping that they did in fact receive my paperwork the first time around, late Jan vs. middle Feb, and will work off that timeline. Other wise, I'll be waiting a few more weeks.....

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

Did my usual morning check hoping and praying for a status change.....

Yeah nothing.

Day 89 ( since application submitted)

Day 56 (since their time of when all my documents were received.) *I submitted ALL my documents to them by Jan. 19th

:waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Kenneth77 »

I just sent an email to ted cruze to see if that might help but at this point i am just beating a dead horse
leeproductsonline.com

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

Kenneth77 wrote:I just sent an email to ted cruze to see if that might help but at this point i am just beating a dead horse

Not too long ago I thought about doing the same thing. I thought to myself, what better way to get support than from someone who can stand alongside you and say that you fully support the 2nd amendment and that you have fought against interminable waiting in the Texas DPS.

Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Kenneth77 »

Well i am going to see what the response is or even if i get one but i did get a replay back saying they received it and will try and help but if this does not do anything i will be sending another email.I am on a mission to get this worked out , there has to be a way to make it go quicker .I am just waiting on the day when the DPS gets a court case because of someone not being able to protect themself because of the wait and with the way this world is right now that might not be to long.
leeproductsonline.com

brooklyn
Posts in topic: 30

Post by brooklyn »

I think that this is all a plot by left leaning liberals in Austin trying to mess with the second amendment rights of us carry advocates. :txflag: :patriot:

houstonag
Posts in topic: 4

Post by houstonag »

My all in date was 1/6.

After an hour of being on hold, I was able to speak with a rep at DPS and was told I'm just now in the background stage and waiting for approval or a request for more info. However, I was told two weeks ago by someone else that I was already approved and it was about to be printed...At this point I'm just going to quit checking up on it and wait for a nice surprise in the mail.

rctaz
Posts in topic: 9

Post by rctaz »

All in 1/13/16
site changed I think 4/5/16
Plastic in hand 4/8/16!!

Good luck to the rest of the folks, I am OUT OF THE WAITING ROOM!

:woohoo

bf2016
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bf2016 »

If ya'll have having a problem with the waiting time or it is getting out of hand, I would suggest calling your State Representative.

I did so last week on a whim and I received a call today from the DPS that they are fast tracking my LTC.

Figured I would share this lifehack with everyone.

Cheers!

TexBman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by TexBman »

rctaz wrote:All in 1/13/16
site changed I think 4/5/16
Plastic in hand 4/8/16!!

Good luck to the rest of the folks, I am OUT OF THE WAITING ROOM!

:woohoo
Congrats!

domobro
Posts in topic: 2

Post by domobro »

teuscher wrote:I submitted the following to all of the local TV stations for an investigation. Something fishy is going on in Austin ...

Investigation team,

I am writing regarding my experience with trying to get a license to carry a handgun (LTC) from the state of Texas. I experienced significant delays that extended beyond the timelines required by state statutes. In addition the Department of Public Safety (DPS) refuses to take phone calls or answer emails. I believe many others in Texas are suffering the same fate, and there is apparently no recourse for citizens who want to acquire a license to protect themselves, their families, and other citizens. I believe a story exposing these violations by our state government could lead to changes in the DPS.

Here are the specifics of my experience:
I completed my online application for LTC in December 2015. That included filling out the online form and paying the registration fee. I completed the required fingerprints the first week of January 2016. The fingerprints were submitted electronically to DPS. I completed my training course on January 30, 2016 and submitted my course completion certificate electronically to DPS on the same day (Jan 30, 2016).
According to the statute, the state has 60 days to review the application after all documents are submitted, or provide written explanation of any additional items needed for review. As of March 30th (60 days after submission), I had received NO communications from DPS. On April 1, 2016 I tried to call DPS using the contact number on the website. There was a recording that said that they were busy reviewing LTC applications and are unable to answer calls or accept voicemails. They suggested that application status could be verified online through the Regulatory Services Division (RSD). I visited the website and submitted a request for an update on my application. I received an automated email acknowledging the request, but I never received any status updates.
On April 6th, I sent messages to Governor Abbott, Lt. Governor Patrick, Senator Jane Nelson, and Representative Tan Parker. My message requested assistance with getting a response from DPS regarding the status of my application. On April 7th (today), Senator Jane Nelson's office contacted me and assured me that they would follow up with DPS and get a response. A few hours later I received a call from DPS that my application had been reviewed and that I should receive my license in 7-10 days.
I find it curious that my application just "happened" to be approved today. I am very concerned that the only reason my application was reviewed is because I reached out to my State representatives in frustration. I have a friend who had the same experience as I did. As soon as he complained to Senator Nelson, his application was magically reviewed and approved.
I believe that there are serious problems with the LTC division of DPS, and that these issues should be exposed. How many Texans are waiting for their LTC and their applications are not being reviewed because they don't call their State Senator? This appears to be a systemic abuse of citizens rights and failure of government to follow statute-mandated timelines.

:banghead: :banghead: :rules: q
I recently wrote my rep, Matt Rinaldi, as I have been proactive in making sure DPS gets the correct paperwork as the instructor made a mistake on it and did not initial the correction. I noticed it after I submitted the first time and have been trying to get it to them. I had to get the instructor to create a new one and resubmit. I supposedly did not get moved to the back of the line for it. It did take a month for them to get me the info to get it corrected. Without me contacting them repeatedly I would have been delayed. I specifically asked State Rep. Rinaldi what my recourse is and have yet to get a response.
Electronic Application 2/10/2016
Supporting Documents 2/12/2016
CHL100 Uploaded 3/5/2016
Plastic in hand: :headscratch

SplittinHairs
Posts in topic: 40

Post by SplittinHairs »

Hello all, new member here. Found this thread while searching for Tx LTC waiting info. I am yet another Texan who has been waiting for an entirely too long of a time. I sent in all of my documentation online and received the confirmation emails on January 21st. I called about a month ago and after being on hold for about 20 minutes was told that they had my info but that it hadn't been put in yet, despite the fact that it should have been a digital copy... so I don't quite understand that bit. Anyway, how much longer should I expect to wait? Frankly I am getting extremely irritated cause I spent a lot of money for the most horrible service I have ever paid for in my life.

16Adams
Posts in topic: 28

Post by 16Adams »

You can anticipate 60 working days from the time everything is turned in and accepted. Maybe quicker, probably not. Your LTC fee goes to the General Revenue Fund of the State of Texas, not the agency or program. Your money went to fund k-12, higher Ed, Medicaid and corrections.

The DPS and it's personnel are great people. Apparently you don't know any personally. Their (DPS) budget was set two years ago by a legislative process that meets for 90 days every two years.

If you're eligible, it will come. Trust me on the 60 working days until they get caught up with a five to sixfold increase in LTC applications.

Mavs00
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Mavs00 »

SplittinHairs wrote:Hello all, new member here. Found this thread while searching for Tx LTC waiting info. I am yet another Texan who has been waiting for an entirely too long of a time. I sent in all of my documentation online and received the confirmation emails on January 21st. I called about a month ago and after being on hold for about 20 minutes was told that they had my info but that it hadn't been put in yet, despite the fact that it should have been a digital copy... so I don't quite understand that bit. Anyway, how much longer should I expect to wait? Frankly I am getting extremely irritated cause I spent a lot of money for the most horrible service I have ever paid for in my life.
Welcome aboard sir. My confirmation date was January 21 too, although I had had everything submitted on January 15. My website status just changed yesterday and I am awaiting plastic within the next couple days. I would expect that you are probably fairly close as well. Amen on your thoughts about customer service. :coolgleamA:

:tiphat:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”