Trying to be a new LTC Holder..... trying

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
mmoore1545
Posts in topic: 3

Trying to be a new LTC Holder..... trying

Post by mmoore1545 »

new here love the forum but needed to vent

I am at 12 weeks today
when i call for a status update i got everything all kinds of answers
"you havent sent anything in"
"you Need to resend this or that"

finally as of 1/21(which is what im considering my all in date and where i get 12 weeks from) i got answers of "yes its all in just be patient" which i was

then at the 60 day mark i got a young man who stated that i should not have called in because there is no way I waited long enough and needed to give them the appropriate time. that got me a little heated and i had a huge brain fart and did not get any info on him.

i emailed my rep yesterday on day 83 and they emailed me back saying "I called the Department of Public Safety ,but was unable to reach them because of high call volume"

that is word for word what was in the email( not the whole email but the short story is that they did pretty much nothing)

to say i am frustrated is a little bit of an understatement but i will continue to wait :waiting:

TexBman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Trying to be a new LTC Holder..... trying

Post by TexBman »

My email confirmation was 1/21 and my website status just changed today.

So it should be any day now. It is frustrating watching Feb and now March applicants get plastic. What I've read on here is that DPS hired a bunch of help but put them on new applicants which is why that is happening. Doesn't seem fair but it is what it is.

gdanaher
Banned

Post by gdanaher »

+During the past three months the DPS has been flooded with aplications--more than at any point in their history

+They must examine each application thoroughly and it is possible that you have a history that needs further examination, or an agency with info on you has not responded to Austin in a timely manner

+If you are just turning 21, good for you. If you are older, and have lived in Texas for awhile, then you have had time prior to this red hot minute, so while I understand and appreciate your anticipation, the license will get to you when the process is done. There are thousands of people in your exact situation

+I suggest that you try to put this on the back burner for a bit and one day soon we all hope, you have a plain Jane white envelope in the mail with a little surprise for you. Wet paint doesn't dry any faster when you stare at it.

JRG

Post by JRG »

Unfortunately, it is what it is. You must wait a little longer. It will be well worth it when it finally arrives though.

Joe

Topic author
mmoore1545

Post by mmoore1545 »

i am not saying that my application needs to be forced through. i know there is a wait time. and i have attempted to get an update (only an update) like many others on this forum.

the biggest thing im frustrated with is the help/assistance or lack there of from the people on the phone and my rep.
i would have no problem if they said yes it in, or its in BG check, or needed more info. i would gladly give more info or do anything i needed to do

but (especially that one guy) to be told that i should not have called...... that kinda erks me

Mavs00

Post by Mavs00 »

Your likely soon my friend. Like Bman, I got confirmation on 1/21 and I switched today too. Patience, it's just a bit longer.

.... and yes, I totally understand (and share) your sentiments about RSD customer service dept.

Topic author
mmoore1545

Post by mmoore1545 »

well just got SOME good news

My mom, who has the exact same time line and me and my dad, had her status change on the website. so keeping fingers crossed

maybe they just waited till i got to complaining online about it lol

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”