"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by TeachMan2016 »

meyerch5 wrote:ok...

Just got off the phone with the RSD folks. My background check is not completed, but all my documents are in. I should expect something within the next 2-3 years...

Day 77.

I have had many things I have had to wait for and it be this long if not longer; getting a new car, moving out of the dorms, graduating from school, etc. But there is just something different that makes this wait much longer and more irritating. :drool: :banghead:

Zombieguy85
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Zombieguy85 »

76 days still no change no plastic :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

TeachMan2016

Post by TeachMan2016 »

Zombieguy85 wrote:76 days still no change no plastic :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

87 days from application

54 days from "all-in" date.

In the words of the old lady from Titanic: "all we could do was wait to die, wait to live, wait for an absolution that would never come." :waiting:

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Flightmare »

TeachMan2016 wrote:

Just got off the phone with the RSD folks. My background check is not completed, but all my documents are in. I should expect something within the next 2-3 years...

Day 77.

I have had many things I have had to wait for and it be this long if not longer; getting a new car, moving out of the dorms, graduating from school, etc. But there is just something different that makes this wait much longer and more irritating. :drool: :banghead:
The difference there is knowing when that final date is.
You know the timeline when you're getting a new car.
You know the timeline when you're moving out of the dorms.
You know the timeline when you're graduating from school.

In the case of submitting your application for your LTC, you do not necessarily know the timeline. That seems to be the primary source of the frustration.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

TeachMan2016

Post by TeachMan2016 »

Flightmare wrote:
TeachMan2016 wrote:

Day 77.

The difference there is knowing when that final date is.
You know the timeline when you're getting a new car.
You know the timeline when you're moving out of the dorms.
You know the timeline when you're graduating from school.

In the case of submitting your application for your LTC, you do not necessarily know the timeline. That seems to be the primary source of the frustration.

:iagree:

TexBman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by TexBman »

TeachMan2016 wrote:

Day 77.

It's expectations. If you are like me, you know several people that got theirs within 3 weeks of taking the class. But this was back before the recent surge so I am thinking it's going to probably take close to the 6 weeks that is printed on the official email. Then 6 weeks go by so you spend an hour waiting on hold to get a generic message. 8 weeks go by and same thing. 10 weeks go by and you see happy posts from people that applied a month after you. 12 weeks go by and still nothing.

I least have phone confirmation that I am approved by can't feel easy till I see the website change. If they could just make a better Website experience like what has been mentioned several times, the frustration would be less.

And I have a clean record and an uncommon name.

meyerch5
Posts in topic: 64

Post by meyerch5 »

TexBman wrote:
TeachMan2016 wrote:

Day 77.

It's expectations. If you are like me, you know several people that got theirs within 3 weeks of taking the class. But this was back before the recent surge so I am thinking it's going to probably take close to the 6 weeks that is printed on the official email. Then 6 weeks go by so you spend an hour waiting on hold to get a generic message. 8 weeks go by and same thing. 10 weeks go by and you see happy posts from people that applied a month after you. 12 weeks go by and still nothing.

I least have phone confirmation that I am approved by can't feel easy till I see the website change. If they could just make a better Website experience like what has been mentioned several times, the frustration would be less.

I had a phone confirmation too... And today a phone disconfirmation.

Its impossible to reconcile the expectation with the reality. The email that you receive from RSD says six weeks. The statute says 60 days. On the phone they give you a different story every time.

frustrating.

TeachMan2016

Post by TeachMan2016 »

TexBman wrote:
TeachMan2016 wrote:

Day 77.

I think it's the people who were much later than us and got it. It's the not knowing what is happening or if anything is happening. It's the inconsistent answers when or IF you get any answers. I have a common name (one of those saints in the bible), and I expected a longer wait, but for people who have those extremely uncommon names and still have to wait soooo long it's just as unfair. The worst part is truly not knowing what is going on.

mouse52
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mouse52 »

Yes it would seem in this "modern" age the state should have a web site or program to allow us to see a real time acessment of the situation not just wondering and worrying over whether it was done right approved, disapproved or just forgotten, but I realize that would be 1-3 more people on the state payroll to do nothing but update info just aggrevating. Mike
Semper Fi and carry on. :patriot:

meyerch5
Posts in topic: 64

Post by meyerch5 »

You don't need more people to update the info and push it to an automated system to update on status. You just need employees to log the activity that has taken place on the app and have a system that pushes it out to the population. I think Florida does this with concealed carry permits.

... and dominos does it with pizzas.

Not that hard.

TexBman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by TexBman »

meyerch5 wrote:
TexBman wrote:
TeachMan2016 wrote:

Day 77.

I had a phone confirmation too... And today a phone disconfirmation.

Its impossible to reconcile the expectation with the reality. The email that you receive from RSD says six weeks. The statute says 60 days. On the phone they give you a different story every time.

frustrating.
Really, they changed their story on your confirmation? I was told yesterday that mine went to printing on 4/1. Now you have me thinking I should call again because the website still has not changed. :???:

But then again, that doesn't accomplish anything.

Zombieguy85
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Zombieguy85 »

meyerch5 wrote:You don't need more people to update the info and push it to an automated system to update on status. You just need employees to log the activity that has taken place on the app and have a system that pushes it out to the population. I think Florida does this with concealed carry permits.

... and dominos does it with pizzas.

Not that hard.
:iagree: :iagree: :cheers2:

Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Kenneth77 »

Since the DPS is involved why cant they just do like when you get a DL take the test and go their nearest office and they can do your background check while you wait , i highly doubt that anything that would be found on there in 5 days or 30 mins is really going to make difference at all ......If your going to kill someone or something i don't really think you would go to all the trouble of getting a LTC they would do what they are going to do .All this really makes the DPS look like a bunch of idiots that could tie there own shoes .
leeproductsonline.com

ifpo238
Posts in topic: 26

Post by ifpo238 »

Kenneth77 wrote:If your going to kill someone or something i don't really think you would go to all the trouble of getting a LTC...
Constitutional carry.
NRA Life Member

TeachMan2016

Post by TeachMan2016 »

Kenneth77 wrote:Since the DPS is involved why cant they just do like when you get a DL take the test and go their nearest office and they can do your background check while you wait , i highly doubt that anything that would be found on there in 5 days or 30 mins is really going to make difference at all ......If your going to kill someone or something i don't really think you would go to all the trouble of getting a LTC they would do what they are going to do .All this really makes the DPS look like a bunch of idiots that could tie there own shoes .
:iagree:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”