"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

awesomeguy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by awesomeguy »

Application – 12/19
CHL Class – 12/19
Finger Prints – 12/31
CHL 100 Submitted – 12/31
Email Notification Received – 1/4
Contacted RSD – Questions about DD-214 – 1/22
Contacted RSD – Status inquiry 3/28 – Told approved that morning
Website changed - 3/30
LTC Received - 4/4 at address
Good luck all
:thumbs2:

91kcolg
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 91kcolg »

Plastic came today. 12 weeks to the day. Best wishes everyone.

WilliePete
Posts in topic: 16

Post by WilliePete »

IMASWEATING wrote:
PhilBob wrote:
Gnamaree02 wrote:
WilliePete wrote:All these people emailing and contacting their state reps has me concerned. I think it is a good thing to bring to light with those who can do something about the problems we have with having to wait so long. I see a problem with this though. You just did two things. 1) If it does work you just cut the line in front of others 2) This will further bog the system down and cause more delays. I personally am for Constitutional Carry. As a veteran I believe all of our rights come from God, not a lawyer. With that said, the system we have now kind of sucks, but it is what we have. Be patient or work to improve it.
And what of those who applied in February and March, & now have plastic in hand. Arent you just a little annoyed of the dozens, if not hundreds, having jump forward in the line?

Perhaps when you're beating your head against a brick wall, with same ol website Everyday, then you'll be a lil up in arms.
I don't think it is a pure linear process and a case of people jumping forward in the line. One may have a "clean" record, but if one has a common name, or a name the same as or similar to someone whose record isn't so clean then the process may take longer. Same perhaps with people whose criminal record is clean but have frequently moved or changed jobs. Just as one example, a friend I used to work with has a name that appears on the no fly list, but it isn't him. You would not believe what he has to go through every time he flies.
Here's how it works. They brought in more help. The new help has started processing Feb applications, therefore speeding up backlog.
I got my plastic, Mon, 3/28. Website changed Sat, 3/27.
Plastic in 1 day short of 12 weeks.
Wife's website changed 3/31. She got her plastic on Sat, 4/2. 88 days, 4.days plus 12 weeks. We both were all in w/confirmation email on (only one) on 1/5.
Ours came just like most of them, 12 weeks give or take a few. With NO extra contact. If you go to website to check your status and it does not kick out and error, YOU ARE IN THE SYSTEM.
I know it's fun in this chat room, but HOLD YOUR HORSES.
YOU WILL MORE THAN LIKELY HAVE TO DO YOUR TIME FOR WAITING TILL THIS YEAR TO GET'ER DONE, 12 WEEKS IS WHAT THEY QUOTING NOW. CONGRESSMEN OR THE GOVERNOR OF THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS HAVE MORE INPORTANT THINGS TO DO THAN FIELD PHONE CALLS AND EMAILS BECAUSE YOU ARE IMPATIENT!
REMEMBER 12 WEEKS, GIVE OR TAKE A DAY OR TWO.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND BE SAFE!
Over and Out
:fire :thewave :fire
I agree. I like Greg Abbott and my State Reps, but they can't help a few thousand people calling them for help because they have to wait. I thought I was all in in the middle of December. Nope, they never got my info so I resubmitted and this time got a confirmation email of Feb 19th. Sucks waiting, but that's what we have to do.

WilliePete
Posts in topic: 16

Post by WilliePete »

meyerch5 wrote:
TexBman wrote:When do the 12 weeks supposedly start, the day you get everything in or email confirmation?
The best idea is to forget you ever submitted the paperwork. Then three months (or so) later you go to the mailbox and get an envelope from DPS... You think, What could this be...? Open it up and LTC!!

The alternative is that you memorize your DL number and enter it into the RSD website with increasing frequency and frustration for those three months... Then you start writing letters to government agencies, then you hit refresh over and over on the website, you come to the waiting room a lot, you start shopping for guns, you start selling guns... You go to the range, you carry in your house so much you think that is the only place that people carry...

Then you start making sarcastic posts about the process...

Patience.

Finally you learn to meditate.

Hahaha you just described me to a tee! I am not making the sarcastic jokes about the system though. Nah, I am grateful to live in this Great State, grateful to be a veteran of this Great State, and really grateful for our heroes and our finest. This system sucks, waiting that is, but I figure the cops, including the DPS, have better things to do than have a dumb grunt like me annoy them.

Zombieguy85
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Zombieguy85 »

Do they see how many times you check the website haha mabey that's why I haven't received mine yet. Surely I'm not the only one that checks all the time.
:waiting:

mikezee1970
Posts in topic: 53

Post by mikezee1970 »

Zombieguy85 wrote:Do they see how many times you check the website haha mabey that's why I haven't received mine yet. Surely I'm not the only one that checks all the time.
:waiting:
I think I check a dozen times a day. Not sure why though. I know checking the website isn't going to speed things along. Maybe it's a false sense of security for me. It looks like "most" folks are getting their LTCs in the 80 - 90 day range. That's approximately 3 months. 3 months isn't exactly a lifetime. It's a blink of an eye if you really think about it. It hasn't been 80 -90 days for me. I'll continue to eagerly wait....

rctaz
Posts in topic: 9

Post by rctaz »

Web site changed this morning!!

All in 1/13/16
site change 4/5/16

MöbiusOne
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MöbiusOne »

Prologue: 1/11 all in, 4/2 status change.

So on Saturday, I received the heralded UPDATED STATUS on the website (with options to change address, report it stolen, etc.). Since I had moved in the interim period of time (sorry my life can't be put on hold while DPS takes its sweet time), I submitted a change of address form on the website and paid the fee. I got an email receipt for that, and a confirmation that "my checklist contains no required supporting document items." Which is good...I think (that's ambiguous wording).

So after two days where the website is unavailable (48 hours after that address update), my page has gone BACK to the original status (no options for address, etc.).

Has anyone else seen this phenomenon? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

ifpo238
Posts in topic: 26

Post by ifpo238 »

MöbiusOne wrote:WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
It likely means they're going to have to send it back to be printed again with the new address.
NRA Life Member

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

NO Website Change....NO License in hand.

I've decided to start a count of days waiting, almost like they do for days without accidents; this should pass the time.

:cool:

bobnick034
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bobnick034 »

Hi All,

I love reading this forum but this is my first post.

Application – 1/21
CHL Class – 1/16
Finger Prints – 2/1
CHL 100 Submitted – 3/09
Email Notification Received –3/10

When I login to the DPS website to check my status I get this: LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required.

Is this normal? Is there anything else that I need to do or just wait? Thanks for your help!!!!

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Flightmare »

bobnick034 wrote:Hi All,

I love reading this forum but this is my first post.

Application – 1/21
CHL Class – 1/16
Finger Prints – 2/1
CHL 100 Submitted – 3/09
Email Notification Received –3/10

When I login to the DPS website to check my status I get this: LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required.

Is this normal? Is there anything else that I need to do or just wait? Thanks for your help!!!!
That is normal. Welcome to the waiting room. Once approved, you will see the options to change your address.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

CavVet
Posts in topic: 4

Post by CavVet »

meyerch5 wrote:Dang it. My confirmation date is January 21...

I mean...

Congratulations!
Same day for me as well. Still waiting...should be soon!

OfficerBarbrady
Posts in topic: 8

Post by OfficerBarbrady »

All in: 1/13
12 wk mark: 4/6
Called RSD and was told license was approved today 4/5 and I should receive in 7-10 days. Hallelujah!!
:txflag: :drool:

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Gnamaree02 »

OfficerBarbrady wrote:All in: 1/13
12 wk mark: 4/6
Called RSD and was told license was approved today 4/5 and I should receive in 7-10 days. Hallelujah!!
:txflag: :drool:
That's my dates!! I'm going to check mine...hopefully soon!

Congrats to you!! :thewave

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”