Late December applicants still waiting?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

TexHorns
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Late December applicants still waiting?

Post by TexHorns »

Turban cowboy wrote:
TexHorns wrote:I too have received a call from a DPS manager who assured me that they have approved my application and is waiting to be mailed 7-10 days from last Wednesday. I took your advice and emailed the governor and received the call from the DPS. Blown away that they actually called me! I now have her direct line in case I need another update. She was VERY polite, apologetic, and understood my frustrations. I told her to post stuff on the website or set real expectations and we wouldn't be this concerned. She agreed that would minimize their call and email volume. Sounded like I was preaching to the chior.

Still waiting, but hopefully have it by the end of the week!

Email confirmation 12/29.
Website changed just now!
Hey TexHorns, do you mind posting the contact emails for the Gov. And if you don't mind, what exactly did you write? Thank you in advance[/quote]

I Googled for the governor's website and emailed directly through the website. I just let them know how long I waited, reminded them that they owe me at least an update according to the statute, and that I would appreciate if it was expedited. They had my contact info from the governor's website so I'm guessing that's why they called me.

Topic author
sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 34

Post by sweatmachine »

TexHorns wrote: PLASTIC IN HAND 3/21!!!!!!!!!!

SweatMachine - you are a soldier. A well mannered gentleman who has survived a very long time. I applaud you. I'm sure you are hourss away...
Congrats on your plastic, and thanks for the support. I'm trying to wait patiently and remain hopeful for this week!

TexasSully
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasSully »

TexHorns wrote:
Turban cowboy wrote:
TexHorns wrote:I too have received a call from a DPS manager who assured me that they have approved my application and is waiting to be mailed 7-10 days from last Wednesday. I took your advice and emailed the governor and received the call from the DPS. Blown away that they actually called me! I now have her direct line in case I need another update. She was VERY polite, apologetic, and understood my frustrations. I told her to post stuff on the website or set real expectations and we wouldn't be this concerned. She agreed that would minimize their call and email volume. Sounded like I was preaching to the chior.

Still waiting, but hopefully have it by the end of the week!

Email confirmation 12/29.
Website changed just now!
Hey TexHorns, do you mind posting the contact emails for the Gov. And if you don't mind, what exactly did you write? Thank you in advance
I received an email from the Governors office last Wednesday telling me someone from the DPS would be calling me, but so far no call. I sent a second email to Abbott yesterday reminding him that I was supposed to get a call, we'll see what happens.

Topic author
sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

I logged on to check my status late last night, just after midnight, and saw no update. I logged on this morning, on my 92nd day of wait, about 7:45 and saw some glorious new options laid before me.

S T A T U S C H A N G E ! ! !

:anamatedbanana :hurry: :coolgleamA: :biggrinjester: :mrgreen: :txflag: :fire

Now to start stalking my mailman! Thanks for all the support friends! I'll report back once plastic hits my palms.

C-Whit
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-Whit »

sweatmachine wrote:I logged on to check my status late last night, just after midnight, and saw no update. I logged on this morning, on my 92nd day of wait, about 7:45 and saw some glorious new options laid before me.

Now to start stalking my mailman! Thanks for all the support friends! I'll report back once plastic hits my palms.
CONGRATULATIONS! :anamatedbanana

It has been a long time coming and I am glad your journey is almost over. :thumbs2:

GibsonLesPaul
Posts in topic: 19

Post by GibsonLesPaul »

sweatmachine wrote:I logged on to check my status late last night, just after midnight, and saw no update. I logged on this morning, on my 92nd day of wait, about 7:45 and saw some glorious new options laid before me.

Awww yeah! Congrats, brother! :cheers2:

I'm about to sneak in a trip to the post office for lunch. Keeping my fingers crossed.

GlockShooter56
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GlockShooter56 »

Got plastic in the mail yesterday! My all-in date was 12/29. Glad to hear you finally got some good news, Sweat!
If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

GibsonLesPaul
Posts in topic: 19

Post by GibsonLesPaul »

I checked the mail, and still no plastic.

Have we determined an average time after site change till the card arrives? It seems most of the ones I've seen were within a day or two.

Topic author
sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

GibsonLesPaul wrote:I checked the mail, and still no plastic.

Have we determined an average time after site change till the card arrives? It seems most of the ones I've seen were within a day or two.
No plastic for me today either. I assume it'll arrive for both of us before the end of the week.

COME ON BABY! :anamatedbanana

GlockShooter56
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GlockShooter56 »

Website changed for me on Friday morning 3/18, plastic in hand yesterday.
If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

navychop
Posts in topic: 7

Post by navychop »

Day 84, all in Dec 28, status changed on March 7th.
Maybe next year?

TJ78676
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TJ78676 »

GlockShooter56 wrote:

Website changed for me on Friday morning 3/18, plastic in hand yesterday.
Website changed for me Saturday the 19th. Still no plastic.

navychop
Posts in topic: 7

Post by navychop »

Confirmation email 12/28
Status changed Mar 7

Nothing else but 85 days from confirmation and 14 from status update.

And the wait continues as others from my week seem to finally be getting cards.

txfire06
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txfire06 »

I sent my Arizona CWP application on 1/08/16 and recieved my CWP on 3/12/16. Still waiting for Texas...

Topic author
sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

My friends, the eagle has landed. I received plastic in the mail today.

:anamatedbanana :txflag: :fire :hurry:

CHL class: 12/20/15
Online App, documents sent, confirmation received: 12/21/15
Fingerprints: 12/23/15
Status Change: 3/22/16
Plastic in hand: 3/23/16

For a grand total of 93 calendar days and 61 business days since my confirmation email. If I hadn't called my state rep and Gov Abbott, who knows how long it would have taken? I think that shaved off 2-3 weeks.

It's been real, folks. Y'all be safe out there! :thumbs2: :txflag:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”