"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

zencurry
Posts in topic: 27

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by zencurry »

sweatmachine wrote:I logged on to check my status late last night, just after midnight, and saw no update. I logged on this morning, on my 92nd day of wait, about 7:45 and saw some glorious new options laid before me.

S T A T U S C H A N G E ! ! !

:anamatedbanana :hurry: :coolgleamA: :biggrinjester: :mrgreen: :txflag: :fire

Now to start stalking my mailman! Thanks for all the support friends! I'll report back once plastic hits my palms.
It is about time, right?!!?!

Congratualtions SweatMachine!

:thewave :woohoo :thewave

Right_to_carry
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Right_to_carry »

Everything submitted and confirmed 1-25 (57 days and counting)

3-10 Contacted Local rep
3-11 Local rep return call stated they will call DPS
3-21 Local rep called with update, said an inquiry has been made.
3-22 DPS called told me they had everything they needed please allow an additional 3-4 weeks!!!

They said due to the huge influx of applications the wait is now approx a total of 12 weeks and that they have staff working on the weekends to get caught up.....

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

Thanks, all. Nothing in the mail today, unfortunately. I bet it'll arrive this week though.

Turban cowboy
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Turban cowboy »

sweatmachine wrote:
jwadams19 wrote:After seeing sweatmachines post - it gave me motivation to check again this morning.....

STATUS CHANGE!

All in confirmation date of 12/30/15. My wife and I submitted the same day, same timeline, her status changed this morning as well.

YES! It's so nice to see late December finally getting some love! Maybe I was the clog for all of y'all.

Congrats! :txflag: :txflag: :txflag:

Congrats! Wish you the best of luck and be safe!

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

After months of reading this forum I decided it was time to post....

1/9/16- LTC class taken

1/10/16- Online application submitted

1/19/16- fingerprints submitted (Would have done it Monday but it was MLK Day)

2/15/16- called DPS Regulatory ( told me because I submitted my stuff in Jan. I wouldn't see anything until mid March; also said they were working on Dec. applicants)

3/18/16- Called DPS Regulatory AGAIN ( told me they just received my paperwork on Feb. 12th.... said it would probably take another month or two since they only got my papers a month ago)

3/22/16- I am now here in the waiting room........

Did any of you Dec. Applicants get you license yet, and when did your status change on the online check?

brooklyn
Posts in topic: 30

Post by brooklyn »

All the December folk that got licenses aren't online. They are out at WallyWorld doing the walk.

houstonag
Posts in topic: 4

Post by houstonag »

I spoke to the Texas Public Safety Commission office today and it was by far the quickest and most clear response I've had so far. The entire phone call lasted 2 minutes max.

My all in date is 1/6. I was told that my application is already through background check and will be sent to printing in the next day or two. He told me I should see my plastic in the mail by the end of next week.

ifpo238
Posts in topic: 26

Post by ifpo238 »

ifpo238 wrote:
ifpo238 wrote:Prints taken: 1/12
Docs submitted thru website: 1/12
Prints rec'd by DPS: 1/14
RDS email confirming docs rec'd: 1/22
Emailed state rep for help: 3/16
Call from DPS: 3/18 (Apparently, the email to state rep did something. They're going to see if there's anything they can do to expedite. If so, I'll hear back in a couple of days. If not, 2-4 more weeks.)
DPS Called me: 3/21 (Background check looks good, need to get the photo attached from the DL system, should be sending it out Friday or early next week.)
Website change: still waiting...
LTC in hand: still waiting...
Interestingly, a lady from DPS called me yesterday evening to tell me that they couldn't expedite my request. As she was talking to me, I guess she saw on her computer screen/call log that I had been called earlier in the day. She asked if it was a man who called. I answered that it was, and that he had told me it should be sent out Friday or early next week. She told me the only man in the dept. who would be making outbound calls was a manager, and that his word trumped hers. So I guess I'm still on for plastic next week. I sure hope so, anyway. My brother, who took the class and applied with me, is now contacting his rep as well...
Got another call from another lady at DPS today. At least they're communicating. Same as yesterday; she told me 3-4 weeks, and I told her about the guy who called me, and she said he was her superior and go with what he said. She said she'd check with him to make sure he was going to get it done. Said he must be working it on the back end and she didn't have visibility to that on the front end. She had no idea I'd had the same conversation yesterday... Time will tell, I suppose.
NRA Life Member

kslaton
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kslaton »

Right_to_carry wrote:Everything submitted and confirmed 1-25 (57 days and counting)

3-10 Contacted Local rep
3-11 Local rep return call stated they will call DPS
3-21 Local rep called with update, said an inquiry has been made.
3-22 DPS called told me they had everything they needed please allow an additional 3-4 weeks!!!

They said due to the huge influx of applications the wait is now approx a total of 12 weeks and that they have staff working on the weekends to get caught up.....

I received the same information by phone on 3-16 the DPS agent said congratulations your application has been processed and approved allow 7-12 weeks for your license to arrive.

That must be a heck of an influx of LTC's to backup printing that much.

:confused5

Haas
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Haas »

Greetings everyone, first time poster. Did paperwork and fingerprint last month, class on the 12th and paperwork arrived at DPS the 16th. I figure now I just sit and save up my money so I can get something nice when I get my card in hand.

Week 1; $80 in the gun fund.

:txflag:
:txflag: I love this place

Jusme
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Jusme »

Haas wrote:Greetings everyone, first time poster. Did paperwork and fingerprint last month, class on the 12th and paperwork arrived at DPS the 16th. I figure now I just sit and save up my money so I can get something nice when I get my card in hand.

Week 1; $80 in the gun fund.

:txflag:

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have a plan to take the anxiety out of your wait. Check back through the forum you will find lots of opinions on how to spend your gun fund, and if you have any questions you will be sure to receive answers.( I won't vouch for the validity of them all) Keep us updated on your wait and fund plans. :tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

ifpo238 wrote:
ifpo238 wrote:
ifpo238 wrote:Prints taken: 1/12
Docs submitted thru website: 1/12
Prints rec'd by DPS: 1/14
RDS email confirming docs rec'd: 1/22
Emailed state rep for help: 3/16
Call from DPS: 3/18 (Apparently, the email to state rep did something. They're going to see if there's anything they can do to expedite. If so, I'll hear back in a couple of days. If not, 2-4 more weeks.)
DPS Called me: 3/21 (Background check looks good, need to get the photo attached from the DL system, should be sending it out Friday or early next week.)
Website change: still waiting...
LTC in hand: still waiting...
Interestingly, a lady from DPS called me yesterday evening to tell me that they couldn't expedite my request. As she was talking to me, I guess she saw on her computer screen/call log that I had been called earlier in the day. She asked if it was a man who called. I answered that it was, and that he had told me it should be sent out Friday or early next week. She told me the only man in the dept. who would be making outbound calls was a manager, and that his word trumped hers. So I guess I'm still on for plastic next week. I sure hope so, anyway. My brother, who took the class and applied with me, is now contacting his rep as well...
Got another call from another lady at DPS today. At least they're communicating. Same as yesterday; she told me 3-4 weeks, and I told her about the guy who called me, and she said he was her superior and go with what he said. She said she'd check with him to make sure he was going to get it done. Said he must be working it on the back end and she didn't have visibility to that on the front end. She had no idea I'd had the same conversation yesterday... Time will tell, I suppose.

What exactly did you say in your email to your state representative? I am wondering if Charles Perry will have any pull that can get me some honest answers from the DPS RS.....

ifpo238
Posts in topic: 26

Post by ifpo238 »

TeachMan2016 wrote:What exactly did you say in your email to your state representative? I am wondering if Charles Perry will have any pull that can get me some honest answers from the DPS RS.....
I didn't save the language, but I said that it'd been over 60 days, that I had seen on a website that my state rep might be able to expedite my application, and that I respectfully requested that service, if their office would be so kind. I also gave them my name and DL#. They took it from there.
NRA Life Member

doombuggy110
Posts in topic: 7

Post by doombuggy110 »

houstonag wrote:I spoke to the Texas Public Safety Commission office today and it was by far the quickest and most clear response I've had so far. The entire phone call lasted 2 minutes max.

My all in date is 1/6. I was told that my application is already through background check and will be sent to printing in the next day or two. He told me I should see my plastic in the mail by the end of next week.
I sure hope yours comes in as they say!

I'm either on 1/6 or 1/8, and they said I was in the queue, but I don't know which queue that is... I'm only 45 minutes away from Austin so once it's sent out it should be a day to get here! Good luck!

Aaronntt
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Aaronntt »

Hi all, new member and first post here.

Im fresh into the process so here goes my timeline thus far.

3/6/16- class completed
3/16/16-application and documents submitted and accepted
3/21/16- fingerprints

And now to start pacing like Cartman waiting for the Wii.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”