"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Sig Texas
Posts in topic: 6

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Sig Texas »

"Sent to printing", last week. Online status page changed today!
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.” - Mark Twain

Mavs00
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Mavs00 »

Sig Texas wrote:"Sent to printing", last week. Online status page changed today!
Congrats... Woot. :thewave :anamatedbanana :thumbs2:

infoman

Post by infoman »

Let's clear up some major confusion here, it's 60 calendar days, NOT business days. If they've had all your completed/correctly filled out & signed docs & prints past 60 days- you need to simply call your local reps office. Harassing the phone clerks is dumb, they have no power over the situation at all. They don't even work in the same office as where they process the documents.

When you contact your reps, they will make contact for you by a legislative action sheet, & DPS has to comply to those in a very quick time & they will turn the office upside down to expedite your application.

It's super obvious why they are so far behind, #1 is Open carry passing, #2. All the holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, etc.. #3. Instructors renewed their certifications this year, #4. DPS is on a tight legislative mandated budget, they can't just go hire 10 people whenever,

They aren't allowed to put they're taking over 60 days on the website nor on a phone message recording due to legislation. So the phone clerks are in a super tough spot. Some here get made when the "nice" phone peeps lie to them & over promise (like saying you'll get your license in a week when it doesn't happen), some get mad at the "grumpy" phone peeps that tell you strait up how long it will take realistically.

My advice- if you're within the 60 days, take a big chill pill & forget about it. Mark the 60th day on your calendar & don't call them until that time. If you're 60+, simply call your local rep's office, it's that easy.

Fortworth86
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Fortworth86 »

GlassG19 wrote:
gary_lankford wrote:
gary_lankford wrote:Hey all!

I applied online 12/28 and received confirmation email, fingerprinted 12/30, took the class 1/4 and mailed 1/5, certified, the 3 resulting documents, signed for 1/7.

I've not received any further email, or mail. So far, nothing on the website except the patience message.

Naturally, I'm antsy, but it's not near 60 days yet... I will report back when the license is received.
Received my license today, Mar 8th.
From application: 71 days
From all documentation at DPS: 61 days

I never phoned to check on status, and website still shows nothing for my application.

Congratulations Gary
Stay safe...
:txflag:
:anamatedbanana
Awesome, another person getting theirs before me :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

Mavs00

Post by Mavs00 »

infoman wrote:My advice- if you're within the 60 days, take a big chill pill & forget about it. Mark the 60th day on your calendar & don't call them until that time. If you're 60+, simply call your local rep's office, it's that easy.
This should be the script that the RSD phone clerks should be given to follow. Direct, to the point and truthful. Allowing them to freelance really does them, and the public they serve NO good. Thanks for the info. I'll patiently wait 7 more days (and probably even longer) before going to the trouble of calling my local rep. :thumbs2:

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

Sig Texas wrote:"Sent to printing", last week. Online status page changed today!

Congratulations Sig, it will be here before you know it..
:txflag:
:anamatedbanana
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

zencurry

Post by zencurry »

infoman wrote:
My advice- if you're within the 60 days, take a big chill pill & forget about it. Mark the 60th day on your calendar & don't call them until that time. If you're 60+, simply call your local rep's office, it's that easy.
Infoman, can you clarify what you mean by local reps office? Is this the local DPS or a State representative?

Cheers,
zencurry

TangoX-ray
Posts in topic: 10

Post by TangoX-ray »

zencurry wrote:
infoman wrote:
Infoman, can you clarify what you mean by local reps office? Is this the local DPS or a State representative?

Cheers,
zencurry
State Represenative

http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/Home.aspx
Native Texan :txflag: Philippians 2:3-4

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training." - Archiloches (650 BC)

TJ78676
Posts in topic: 12

Post by TJ78676 »

zimmerdesignz wrote::thewave :woohoo :anamatedbanana :hurry: :biggrinjester:
Website changed today!!!!!! :drool:
Link to the website?

zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 98

Post by zimmerdesignz »

TJ78676 wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote::thewave :woohoo :anamatedbanana :hurry: :biggrinjester:
Website changed today!!!!!! :drool:
Link to the website?
https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ch ... paign=2015
:tiphat:

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

I called in about 1pm this afternoon just for grins to see if I could get through. I was able to select the call back option. I got a call back 30 minutes later from Rebecca. She startled me when she asked if I had sent in my CHL-100, which I did (and got email confirmation for) on 12/21/15. She placed me on hold for a while so she could look for my documents. After about 15 minutes of listening to the awesome hold music she got back on and told me the "best thing you can do is just wait longer."

Also of note, she insisted that they count business days, not calendar days. I pushed back a little and reminded her that the legal text says nothing about business days and she said "well we count business days" to which I replied "well it seems that there's some confusion about that." and she just said "well uh huh you have a good day sir..."

So here I wait on calendar day 79 since my confirmation email. Just another whiny post...blowing off steam. Wanna get out of the waiting room!

:smash:
Last edited by sweatmachine on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gary_lankford
Posts in topic: 3

Post by gary_lankford »

Fortworth86 wrote:
GlassG19 wrote: Awesome, another person getting theirs before me :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
I was told by my class instructor that mailing the documents certified, signature required, created a date record that DPS would abide by.

Dunno, maybe that really helped... I never hassled anybody about my application, maybe that kept it on top... or, maybe my application just fell into the right hands, by chance... or karma.

globethought
Posts in topic: 6

Post by globethought »

globethought wrote:
globethought wrote:Glad this room is here, since it seems near impossible to get any status updates or sense of timeline from the state, and it's nice to know I'm not the only one waiting in limbo. At 55 days from confirmation here...

Fingerprint: 12/08/2015
Class: 12/22/2015
Confirmation of documents e-mail: 12/28/2015
Website change: Not yet
Plastic in hand: Not yet
Status update for me. I talked to two people yesterday, one of which was a nice call-back letting me know that my license was approved and off to print. Apparently they got literally about 2000 applications in one day in December, which makes it more understandable that they would be overwhelmed.

Fingerprints: 12/08/2015
Sent to print: 3/3/2016
Approval call back: 3/7/2016
Website change: Not yet
Plastic in hand: Not yet
Here's my final y'all.
Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Thank you all for sharing and helping to keep us all sane during the wait!

Fingerprints: 12/08/2015
Sent to print: 3/3/2016
Approval call back: 3/7/2016
Website change: 3/9/2016
Plastic in hand: 3/9/2016!

indomie
Posts in topic: 3

Post by indomie »

Hello, New here. Found this website while I was searching for answers to why it is taking forever.
Glad I am not the only one.

Submitted online application- 12/27 ( is this where I messed up? by sending this first before everything else. I don’t really remember)
Class taken – 12/28/15
Prints taken – 12/29

I still have not received anything.

I did receive the confirmation for the online application.(showed a barcode and numbers)

zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 98

Post by zimmerdesignz »

indomie wrote:Hello, New here. Found this website while I was searching for answers to why it is taking forever.
Glad I am not the only one.

Submitted online application- 12/27 ( is this where I messed up? by sending this first before everything else. I don’t really remember)
Class taken – 12/28/15
Prints taken – 12/29

I still have not received anything.

I did receive the confirmation for the online application.(showed a barcode and numbers)
Your order is not a problem. They are just really backlogged from the RUSH at the end of the year. A lot of people with dates similar have not gotten theirs yet either.
:tiphat:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”