"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Ltb1
Posts in topic: 6

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Ltb1 »

AustinAG2005 wrote:I give up, this is ridiculous. Multiple people who submitted in January have now been approved and received plastic. I just called to check the status of my 12/22 submission and was told to "allow more time".

I get that "it used to take a lot longer" and "they're really swamped" but for the love of God why wouldn't it be First Come First Served? I'm ok with waiting however long as long as people who came 3 weeks after me aren't bumped to the front of the line. I have no problem seeing those who submit before me be approved but I'm sick and tired of seeing people get approved who submitted in mid-january.

...rant over...
I have yet to see anyone that submitted in January say they received plastic. Most recent I've seen is someone who received confirmation Dec. 29th. Which is my date of confirmation, but I have yet to see a change. Just a little longer man!

zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 98

Post by zimmerdesignz »

Ltb1 wrote:
AustinAG2005 wrote:I give up, this is ridiculous. Multiple people who submitted in January have now been approved and received plastic. I just called to check the status of my 12/22 submission and was told to "allow more time".

I get that "it used to take a lot longer" and "they're really swamped" but for the love of God why wouldn't it be First Come First Served? I'm ok with waiting however long as long as people who came 3 weeks after me aren't bumped to the front of the line. I have no problem seeing those who submit before me be approved but I'm sick and tired of seeing people get approved who submitted in mid-january.

...rant over...
I have yet to see anyone that submitted in January say they received plastic. Most recent I've seen is someone who received confirmation Dec. 29th. Which is my date of confirmation, but I have yet to see a change. Just a little longer man!
There have been several in other threads
:tiphat:

Ltb1

Post by Ltb1 »

zimmerdesignz wrote:
Ltb1 wrote:

...rant over...
There have been several in other threads
AHHH Gotcha. Well then... :mad5

Mavs00
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Mavs00 »

...rant over...
Try to hang in there..... I know it sucks, but.

If it makes you feel better, on Monday, I called in and a nice lady very specifically told me that my BG check had come back all peachy, and that my app was on the Sup's desk for final approval. Told me I could call back in 72 hours to confirm approval. I was feeling pretty high thinking "sweet, I'm just at 43 days (at the time), so perhaps I'll have a short wait".

Called today, got a gruff sounding dude who gave me a curt "Yup, your stuff is here, hasn't even been touched due to a backlog.... Call back in 30 days" :banghead: Now, I have no idea who to believe, and I'm leaning towards somewhere in the middle . Hoping to get my plastic in a few weeks, which would be in and about 60 days, but who knows.

What the call told me today...... Don't bother calling in. They won't tell you squat, and you really can't trust anything they tell you anyways. They are just trying to get you off the phone.
Last edited by Mavs00 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mavs00

Post by Mavs00 »

Ltb1 wrote:

...rant over...
Been a few in the 2016 thread with website changes, including one from 1/21/16

Ltb1

Post by Ltb1 »

Mavs00 wrote:
Ltb1 wrote:

...rant over...
Seems like most of those are renewals. Perhaps, they have a quicker process?

AustinAG2005
Posts in topic: 22

Post by AustinAG2005 »

Mavs00 wrote:
Ltb1 wrote:

...rant over...
Yeah, I make myself feel better by telling myself that those people are liars just trying to stir the pot....

TangoX-ray
Posts in topic: 10

Post by TangoX-ray »

My Timeline:
LTC class 13 February 2016
Fingerprints 22 February 2016
Submission 22 February 2016
Confirmation 23 February 2016
Native Texan :txflag: Philippians 2:3-4

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training." - Archiloches (650 BC)

Mr. Bean
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Mr. Bean »

AustinAG2005 wrote:
Mavs00 wrote:
Ltb1 wrote:

...rant over...
Yeah, I make myself feel better by telling myself that those people are liars just trying to stir the pot....
It's probably Darrel screwing with us. Pure evil genius.

hummelaaron
Posts in topic: 9

Post by hummelaaron »

well it could be worse, i have been waiting since 12/14, was told 3-4 weeks ago the supervisor 72 hour deal, then called in a week later and was told to wait 3-4 more weeks...getting close to 90 days now and nada, no website change, no info over phone when you call, no letters, no nada.

TexasSully
Posts in topic: 17

Post by TexasSully »

Mr. Bean wrote:

...rant over...
:iagree: :confused5 :bigmouth
:iagree: :banghead: :mad5

AustinAG2005
Posts in topic: 22

Post by AustinAG2005 »

I've called 3 times:

The first time, on Day 52 Darrell said I was calling "Wayyyyy too early"

The second time, on Day 60, a woman who's name I didn't get told me, "just wait longer"

The third time, on Day 67, the same woman(I think) said that they had everything and to "wait longer"

I mentioned people with submission dates well after mine already being approved and she couldn't have cared less. Some have mentioned being told where they were at in the process, bg check, etc... but no one I've spoken to was any help at all in any way. Aside from being told that they had all my documents I've learned nothing by calling. There is literally 0 on my record that would cause any type of delay.

zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 98

Post by zimmerdesignz »

AustinAG2005 wrote:I've called 3 times:

The second time, on Day 60, a woman who's name I didn't get told me, "just wait longer"

The third time, on Day 67, the same woman(I think) said that they had everything and to "wait longer"

I mentioned people with submission dates well after mine already being approved and she couldn't have cared less. Some have mentioned being told where they were at in the process, bg check, etc... but no one I've spoken to was any help at all in any way. Aside from being told that they had all my documents I've learned nothing by calling. There is literally 0 on my record that would cause any type of delay.
same here. Record clean as clean can get
:tiphat:

TexasSully
Posts in topic: 17

Post by TexasSully »

AustinAG2005 wrote:I've called 3 times:

Good Ol Darrell, I think those are the only 3 words he knows

zencurry

Post by zencurry »

When I first started checking in with this site it seemed that there may have been a pattern. It appeared that you could use the date of the confirmation email to estimate the amount of time you had to wait and for many of the fellows posting it was fairly accurate, roughly 45-60 days after confirmation email.
Now, however, it seems that timeline is, well, not as accurate as it had been. I am curious, even though I realize this is a relic of the days of paper, if when someone calls in if their folder doesn't find its way to the bottom of the proverbial stack--"No Soup for you!"

I was able to get through very early this morning and spoke with Rebbecca, whose computer has just gone down for the second time in thirty minutes--this was at seven thirty in the morning--she sounded very flustered and frustrated, but she did tell me that all of my documents had been received.

It got me to thinking that, perhaps, the best thing to do is to be still and be silent. In doing nothing, nothing will be left undone. More to the point, I look at it from the standpoint of my own job (IT), when the system goes down I can either work on fixing the problem or answering the phone. Maybe these folks are in the same position.

Cheers
Zencurry

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”