"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by GlassG19 »

zimmerdesignz wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:
JD9mm wrote:Called today, and got a tidbit of information that I wasn't expecting... lady accidentally told me that my app was sent to background check on Dec. 29th. That completely contradicts what I was told on multiple occasions, but it does give me some hope. If it is true, then it means that their official deadline to approve or decline my app is Feb. 27th.
I wouldn't trust any information. It is all to scattered and is not consistent.

Hey Zimmer,,
Just curious have you spoke to them or any news what so ever?
Thanks,
Called last week around Wednesday and was told it still has not been entered and maybe they would start on it some time this week.

It's very confusing & frustrating that ALOT of people have already got theirs (physically in hand) who sent theirs well after we sent ours & ours hasn't been entered yet. :waiting: :banghead:
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 98

Post by zimmerdesignz »

GlassG19 wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:
JD9mm wrote:Called today, and got a tidbit of information that I wasn't expecting... lady accidentally told me that my app was sent to background check on Dec. 29th. That completely contradicts what I was told on multiple occasions, but it does give me some hope. If it is true, then it means that their official deadline to approve or decline my app is Feb. 27th.

Hey Zimmer,,
Thanks,
Called last week around Wednesday and was told it still has not been entered and maybe they would start on it some time this week.

It's very confusing & frustrating that ALOT of people have already got theirs (physically in hand) who sent theirs well after we sent ours & ours hasn't been entered yet. :waiting: :banghead:
I've given up on when it will come. When it comes it comes. I can't do anything about it. It's the Government, nothing I can do but wait.
:tiphat:

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

zimmerdesignz wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:

Hey Zimmer,,
Thanks,

I've given up on when it will come. When it comes it comes. I can't do anything about it. It's the Government, nothing I can do but wait.

:iagree: :tiphat:
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

JD9mm
Posts in topic: 27

Post by JD9mm »

Day 57 and still waiting. I'm doing my best to hold off to Friday so that I can call in and say...

GC section 411.176b. Says that the background check designee needs to return my documents to you by Feb. 18th. Where are we at right now? :rules:

zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 98

Post by zimmerdesignz »

JD9mm wrote:Day 57 and still waiting. I'm doing my best to hold off to Friday so that I can call in and say...

GC section 411.176b. Says that the background check designee needs to return my documents to you by Feb. 18th. Where are we at right now? :rules:
Someone has posted that they spoke with a supervisor and they only count weekdays with that number
:tiphat:

JD9mm

Post by JD9mm »

zimmerdesignz wrote:
JD9mm wrote:Day 57 and still waiting. I'm doing my best to hold off to Friday so that I can call in and say...

Someone has posted that they spoke with a supervisor and they only count weekdays with that number
That was me, and I have since looked into it. Tx Government Code 311.014 clearly defines what is meant by the word "days" and how to calculated a period of days. However, the concept of a "business day" is no where to be found.

JD9mm

Post by JD9mm »

zimmerdesignz wrote:

That was me, and I have since looked into it. Tx Government Code 311.014 clearly defines what is meant by the word "days" and how to calculated a period of days. However, the concept of a "business day" is no where to be found.

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

JD9mm wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:

When I spoke to one of the supervisor's last week they also told me they go by "business days". All I can say & do is "nothing". I believe they're doing the best with what they have to work with & it's not the people, I believe it's their system that needs to be refined & im sure they are always trying to make it better. From what I've read here & not long ago it was taking 4-6 months verses 4-8 weeks now days.

MichelinMan
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MichelinMan »

Website changed today or yesterday.

It seems that everyone's case is unique. Some get emails, some don't, some peoples website changes and some don't. It's tough to even know what to try and follow.

My timeline

12/14- online app
12/18- prints
12/27- CHL class
12/31- Docs arrive in Austin via certified mail w/ tracking number.
2/16- website changed sometime in the last few days. I don't check every day anymore.

My question is about the website change. Do we know for sure that there is a direct correlation between the website changing and the status of your LTC? It seems everyone's situation is different.

Twist
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Twist »

MichelinMan wrote:Website changed today or yesterday.

It seems that everyone's case is unique. Some get emails, some don't, some peoples website changes and some don't. It's tough to even know what to try and follow.

My timeline

12/14- online app
12/18- prints
12/27- CHL class
2/16- website changed sometime in the last few days. I don't check every day anymore.

My question is about the website change. Do we know for sure that there is a direct correlation between the website changing and the status of your LTC? It seems everyone's situation is different.
If the website changed then you've been approved and you should have your plastic pretty much any time.

Congratulations by he way.

MichelinMan
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MichelinMan »

Twist wrote:

My timeline

12/14- online app
12/18- prints
12/27- CHL class

If the website changed then you've been approved and you should have your plastic pretty much any time.

Thanks! It's been a long wait, but not too bad. Just checked the mail a little while ago and no plastic. Will keep everyone updated as to when it arrives.

AustinAG2005
Posts in topic: 22

Post by AustinAG2005 »

MichelinMan wrote:
Twist wrote:

My timeline

12/14- online app
12/18- prints
12/27- CHL class

Thanks! It's been a long wait, but not too bad. Just checked the mail a little while ago and no plastic. Will keep everyone updated as to when it arrives.
Congrats!

This leads me to believe that your clock starts when you submit your app and pay your fee and not when your submissions are "complete". Your application date is earlier than mine but your CHL class and document submission is well after mine. Still no change for me.

AustinAG2005
Posts in topic: 22

Post by AustinAG2005 »

...or that there is really no rhyme or reason at all to this....(more likely)

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

Just grumbling more than anything. This week is my 9th week of waiting. I'm at about 57 days now. No change in status on the website. No plastic in the mail.

I tried calling today and got a busy signal. They must be swamped. I bet being closed for the holiday yesterday has doubled the call volume today.

texrdnec
Posts in topic: 3

Post by texrdnec »

texrdnec wrote:been browsing this site for about two weeks now, kinda figured there was no reason to sign up as i'd have my license by the 60 day mark

well, that doesn't appear to be the case so here i am passing the time away

let's see, IIRC:

online application 12/10
class 12/12
fingerprints 12/14
snail mailed 12/14 w/ official disposition documents for a huge screw-up by my county that's been a pain in my ass for over a decade now

aaaaaaaaand, so far nada

i called them on 1/26 to check on my wife's renewal that was taking forever and while they were on the phone i asked about mine. i was told that i'd gone to background check on Friday, which would have been 1/22

well i called again on 1/4 and was at that time told that they'd started processing my application on 1/29 and that it'd be another 40-60 days

and in the meantime i'm on year #12 of being federally licensed to sell people title i guns along with suppressors, machineguns, SBRs, et al. but can't legally carry a handgun on me :lol:
website change on 2/13, card on 2/16 for those of you keeping track of timelines

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”