"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Re: "Waiting Room" GreenPea

Post by Gnamaree02 »

I'm new to posting but been stalking y'alls convos for about a week now. :bigear: i found helpful someone posting a screenshot of what the "website change" means because prior to that I was still able to upload docs until it changed to "If you have an app pending." That made me think, "What?! what's this if stuff!" So a little panicking ensued.
Application 1/6/2016
CHL Class 1/10/2016
CHL-100 Form 1/11/2016
Confirmation Email 1/12/2016
Fingerprints 1/13/2016
Fingerprints Receipt Email 1/15/2016
I had my FBI printout from NCIS before I completed the app and filled out each item (3 misdemeanors) as they appeared. Since they were pretty old (1990, 1992, 2005) and with the last one being the most concerned about Class A, but not disqualifying, I'm just watching like a hawk any change.

Thanks for all your comments and info!
Last edited by Gnamaree02 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maxrpt
Posts in topic: 1

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by maxrpt »

:woohoo

Plastic received today!! I'm new to posting but have been following intently. I feel lucky looking at some of the timelines above, maybe they're picking up their pace.

12/5 Application Submitted
12/8 Class completed
12/11 Fingerprints
12/14 Confirmation email
1/25 Website changed!
1/28 Plastic received!!!
... Wally Walk time

Good luck to the rest of you, it'll be there before you know it!
:txflag:

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Gnamaree02 »

:anamatedbanana Congrats maxrpt!

I'm just wildly speculating but does it make a difference whether you apply before the class or not?
Follow me here with this logic: If you apply during the week before your class, you've paid your fee and secured your appt for fingerprints. All the other applicants at your class (and every other one held that day) might be applying after the class and have further delay with obtaining their fingerprints, whereas your prints are taken soon after and the DPS LTC file is completed, before a large group of individuals joins the application pool for that week.
Therefore, wouldn't it be fair to surmise that, aside from obvious variables/obstacles and all things being equal, this application process might have a bump up in the processing THAT WEEK?
:rules:
Or is it as simple as by week of completion date and alphabetical order?
:waiting:
As someone who used to perform Due Diligence background investigation and reports in corporate legal, it's similar to a timeline I might have used.
And yes, I'm a Virgo so OCD runs through my veins. :banghead:

Knowmsayin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Knowmsayin »

Hey, new here just wanted to post my time line. Getting anxious...

11/21/2015 CHL 100 Class and Online Application
12/03/2015 Fingerprints, Submission of all forms, and received confirmation email.

As of 01/28/2016, no website change and nothing in the mail... Have a couple non-disqualifying misdemeanors, maybe that's why. :banghead:

loner556

Post by loner556 »

loner556 wrote:Class: 12/12
App & Upload CHL-100: 12/13
Docs Received Email: 12/14
Prints: 12/21 (1st I could get)

Spoke to them on the phone today and was told I was approved and should be receiving plastic late this week or early next week. Still no change on the website.
Status Change on the Webpage: 1/29
SA RO Champion 45

JD9mm
Posts in topic: 27

Post by JD9mm »

loner556 wrote:
loner556 wrote:Class: 12/12
App & Upload CHL-100: 12/13
Docs Received Email: 12/14
Prints: 12/21 (1st I could get)

Spoke to them on the phone today and was told I was approved and should be receiving plastic late this week or early next week. Still no change on the website.
Status Change on the Webpage: 1/29
:thewave :thewave :thewave

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

Congrats gentleman!
:txflag: :anamatedbanana
Stay safe.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

hummelaaron
Posts in topic: 9

Post by hummelaaron »

you know i was being patient, but i have to admit with having the exact same 12/14 submit date, no criminal back ground at all, and being told mine is still in back ground is now making me impatient.

sure hope mine is done soon as well....... :banghead:

Knowmsayin

Post by Knowmsayin »

Knowmsayin wrote:Hey, new here just wanted to post my time line. Getting anxious...

11/21/2015 CHL 100 Class and Online Application
12/03/2015 Fingerprints, Submission of all forms, and received confirmation email.

As of 01/28/2016, no website change and nothing in the mail... Have a couple non-disqualifying misdemeanors, maybe that's why. :banghead:
Called the DPS today and apparently I need to send paperwork of my born abroad citizenship. Sounds cool to say you born in the UK but a real pain when doing any legal paperwork in the USA/Texas. Murica! :patriot: :txflag:

I asked how long it would be after I submitted the paperwork and they say another 3-4 weeks. Starting to loose my mind :mad5

hummelaaron
Posts in topic: 9

Post by hummelaaron »

i called as well, was told that my back ground should be finished within next day at most and its done after that. so here is to hoping just a few more days to go.

Jazz99

Post by Jazz99 »

Thanks for the updates. They have helped me during the wait.

Online application: 11/30
Fingerprints: 12/3
Class and CHL uploaded (electronically): 12/12
Confirmation email: 12/14
Status change: Morning of 1/27
Card in hand: 1/29

Btw, 2 people from our household had same timelines with one submitting electronically and 1 faxing the CHL on 12/14. Both received updates and plastic same day. Our class was one of several locally that was booked solid for weeks towards the end of year. (50+)in our session alone.

Small rural county.

molon_labe_86
Posts in topic: 11

Post by molon_labe_86 »

Just joined been reading yalls post daily!
Y'all helped with the timeline seems like an average of waiting is around 2 months for some! Guess it's a waiting game lol

Chl class - 12/26/2015
Online app - 12/28/2015
Email confirmation 12/30/2015
Fingerprints - 1/4/2016

As of today still no website status change :banghead:
Last edited by molon_labe_86 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

Gnamaree02 wrote::anamatedbanana Congrats maxrpt!

I'm just wildly speculating but does it make a difference whether you apply before the class or not?
Follow me here with this logic: If you apply during the week before your class, you've paid your fee and secured your appt for fingerprints. All the other applicants at your class (and every other one held that day) might be applying after the class and have further delay with obtaining their fingerprints, whereas your prints are taken soon after and the DPS LTC file is completed, before a large group of individuals joins the application pool for that week.
Therefore, wouldn't it be fair to surmise that, aside from obvious variables/obstacles and all things being equal, this application process might have a bump up in the processing THAT WEEK?
As someone who used to perform Due Diligence background investigation and reports in corporate legal, it's similar to a timeline I might have used.

I did apply before the CLASS (CHL-100) & got the fingerprinting (earliest day & closest) to me was 3 miles from La Casa & exactly 2 weeks after application was completed. Still Waiting... :waiting:
App/12-4
CHL-100/12-11
Fingerprinting/12-17
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

jimpilot
Posts in topic: 11

Post by jimpilot »

GlassG19 wrote:
Gnamaree02 wrote::anamatedbanana Congrats maxrpt!

I did apply before the CLASS (CHL-100) & got the fingerprinting (earliest day & closest) to me was 3 miles from La Casa & exactly 2 weeks after application was completed. Still Waiting... :waiting:
App/12-4
CHL-100/12-11
Fingerprinting/12-17
I applied during Thanksgiving, did fingerprints 1st of Dec and completed class on 14 Dec. submitted docs on 14th and received confirmation the same day.

I have not heard a word since and no change to web site. Others who completed on the 14th have already received their license.

TS clearance in the past and airline pilot TSA clearance now. So nothing to slow it down.

My theory is it just depends on who's desk it ends up on and how quick they are.

But as we know theories are like rear ends, everyone has one.

hendu3270

Post by hendu3270 »

maxrpt wrote::woohoo

Plastic received today!! I'm new to posting but have been following intently. I feel lucky looking at some of the timelines above, maybe they're picking up their pace.

12/5 Application Submitted
12/8 Class completed
12/11 Fingerprints
12/14 Confirmation email
1/25 Website changed!
1/28 Plastic received!!!
... Wally Walk time

Good luck to the rest of you, it'll be there before you know it!
:txflag:
Been checking status on DPS site every couple of days and after seeing YOUR results figured mine should be close. Everything completed on 12/12/15. Checked status this morning and DPS site is updated with links to report lost card, change address, etc. so mine must be on the way.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”