"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

IsraelisJewish
Posts in topic: 5

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by IsraelisJewish »

CHL class-12/4/15
Emailed all on 12/06/15
App and etc mailed prior to these dates.
David (IsraelisJewish)
SunnyWalker.net

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

rrrrDPS!! wrote:FINALLY. ALMOST THE FULL 60 DAYS. Called today around 9. I was approved From Oct. 22 till today. With record. FYI website has not changed.

Curious,,,, rrrrDPS, did you disclose your prior arrest? reason I'm asking I truly forgot about one (non disqualifying--misdemeanor) from 22 yrs ago & I've tried calling to let them know but I can never get thru to RSD.
Just wondering if you did or didn't disclose it..
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

edukador
Posts in topic: 4

Post by edukador »

edukador wrote:Hey all! :tiphat: Here's my timeline:

CHL Class - 11/21
Finger Prints - 11/30
Application/CHL 100 Submitted - 11/22
Email Notification Received - 11/23

Called 12/22/15 and.....no joy. Told the "up to 30 days" thing.

Called today, 12/23/15 and.....YAHTZEE!....Approved! Now in the printing phase! Hopefully the plastic will be here before New Years!

BTW, status still has not changed on website.
Update: Still haven't received the license but my status did change today on the website.

KC80
Posts in topic: 80

Post by KC80 »

edukador wrote:
edukador wrote:Hey all! :tiphat: Here's my timeline:

CHL Class - 11/21
Finger Prints - 11/30
Application/CHL 100 Submitted - 11/22
Email Notification Received - 11/23

Called 12/22/15 and.....no joy. Told the "up to 30 days" thing.

Called today, 12/23/15 and.....YAHTZEE!....Approved! Now in the printing phase! Hopefully the plastic will be here before New Years!

BTW, status still has not changed on website.
Update: Still haven't received the license but my status did change today on the website.
:thewave
:seeya:

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

nutsy4sure wrote:HaHa, glad I found this board. I'm on day 49 since I got the confirmation they received my supporting documents. Like so many here, a 25 year old misdemeanor arrest has clogged up the process. Sent my wife's a week after mine and she received her plastic two weeks ago. I called last week and the woman actually said " background checks take longer for criminals"! They obviously don't do anything when they get the application and $ because I actually sent that in over 120 days ago. Anyway, this board has eased my mind because I now know I'm not alone. It WILL get here, eventually.

Nutsy4sure,
Did you really send your supporting documents in over 120 days ago? Seriously?
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 98

Post by zimmerdesignz »

Application 12/20/15
Class 12/22/15
Email confirmation of receipt 12/22/15
Fingerprints 12/30/15

Wait begins :totap:
:tiphat:

mike6219
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mike6219 »

GlassG19 wrote:
nutsy4sure wrote:HaHa, glad I found this board. I'm on day 49 since I got the confirmation they received my supporting documents. Like so many here, a 25 year old misdemeanor arrest has clogged up the process. Sent my wife's a week after mine and she received her plastic two weeks ago. I called last week and the woman actually said " background checks take longer for criminals"! They obviously don't do anything when they get the application and $ because I actually sent that in over 120 days ago. Anyway, this board has eased my mind because I now know I'm not alone. It WILL get here, eventually.

I seem to be in the same boat. I had a misdemeanor around 10 years ago and it appears to hanging up my application. When I talked to a rather unhelpful person a few days ago, she told me that it could take up to 60 days from the date they started my background check. (Which was Dec. 14th).

I guess I will continue reading this forum and stalking the DPS website until I see something change.

Good luck to ya!

KC80

Post by KC80 »

60 days to do a background check is crazy. If the government says I can buy a firearm in a matte of minutes the surely the state can say yes or no. :totap:

mike6219
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mike6219 »

KC80 wrote:60 days to do a background check is crazy. If the government says I can buy a firearm in a matte of minutes the surely the state can say yes or no. :totap:
That's what I'd like to know. I bought my last handgun a few months ago, and it took 30 minutes to do the background check (and most of that was sitting on hold I was told.)

I've always wondered why DPS needed so much time. They can quarry the state and federal records and find that I committed a misdemeanor 10+ years ago. Check the files that I uploaded and find the disposition attached. Then compare the two, and call it done.

I guess I'm having problems waiting patiently when most of the folks I took my CHL class with have already received their licenses.

Oh well, maybe I should go practice tonight.

KC80

Post by KC80 »

mike6219 wrote:
KC80 wrote:60 days to do a background check is crazy. If the government says I can buy a firearm in a matte of minutes the surely the state can say yes or no. :totap:
That's what I'd like to know. I bought my last handgun a few months ago, and it took 30 minutes to do the background check (and most of that was sitting on hold I was told.)

I've always wondered why DPS needed so much time. They can quarry the state and federal records and find that I committed a misdemeanor 10+ years ago. Check the files that I uploaded and find the disposition attached. Then compare the two, and call it done.

I guess I'm having problems waiting patiently when most of the folks I took my CHL class with have already received their licenses.

Oh well, maybe I should go practice tonight.
:thumbs2: :fire

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

I think (IMO) they're always behind. Like we're going into January now, I believe they're just starting on December's applications. As to yours in November, I bet it will be completed in next few days. IMO. I can only base that timing on post here. Hang in there KC80, it will happen.

Breny414
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Breny414 »

Breny414 wrote:
Breny414 wrote:I guess I'll start the first timeline from late November...

Online Application Submitted: 11/20/15
Class Completed: 11/22/15
CHL 100, Fingerprints, DD214: 11/24
Confirmation Email from DPS: 11/24

Looks like the absolute earliest I can expect the plastic is the end of December or early January. The CHL instructor said that some folks were getting the license in 7 working days or so, which got my hopes up. But I haven't seen anyone with that quick of a turnaround on this site.
Update (12/23/2015): I called today and was told that they haven't started reviewing my app yet. My uploaded documents - DD-214 and CHL 100 - have not been entered into the system yet but they do possess them. Sounds like I could be in for another 30 days.
Update (12/30/2015): Just got off the phone with DPS and was told that my app was processing. As expected they found an arrest and are clearing it. The agent said it was nothing major and should be cleared in short order, and then off to printing. Almost there. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. I'll keep my eye out for the website to update and if I don't see anything in a couple of weeks then I will give them a call.

KC80

Post by KC80 »

GlassG19 wrote:I think (IMO) they're always behind. Like we're going into January now, I believe they're just starting on December's applications. As to yours in November, I bet it will be completed in next few days. IMO. I can only base that timing on post here. Hang in there KC80, it will happen.
My main concern is that they find me chemically dependent and deny my LTC. How long it takes past being approved i don't care about and obviously if I'm denied then I will continue on with life without it. :roll:

twjones
Posts in topic: 17

Post by twjones »

No change for me......Day 43 since everything was submitted.

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

KC80 wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:I think (IMO) they're always behind. Like we're going into January now, I believe they're just starting on December's applications. As to yours in November, I bet it will be completed in next few days. IMO. I can only base that timing on post here. Hang in there KC80, it will happen.
My main concern is that they find me chemically dependent and deny my LTC. How long it takes past being approved i don't care about and obviously if I'm denied then I will continue on with life without it. :roll:

If you posted what he actually said, I take that as your going to get approved but they have processes to follow. When we "all" make mistakes sometimes our timings are not on our time but in the hands of someone else's. I'm confident you will get it if that's exactly what the man told you. Don't worry my gun friend, don't worry.

Keep Shootin..... :fire

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”