"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by GlassG19 »

pramsay wrote:I was told that the DPS had my fingerprints and paperwork, just waiting to be processed and stated that it would take up to 90 days. I am new to all of this so I'm trying to gather as much information as I can so that I have at least some type of time frame to judge by. I wish that it were less time, but it is what it is.

I'm new to all this, BUT I have read & learned enough to say that if you have no previous hiccups that they have 60 days. Here's DPS own words:
http://dps.texas.gov/RSD/CHL/faqs/
Hope this helps.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

pramsay
Posts in topic: 4

Post by pramsay »

I guess it's all good then because I haven't received anything in writing from them. Thanks for everyone's input and I hope I haven't been too much of a nuisance with all the questions.
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."
Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto Dec. 7th, 1941

JagsfanNtexas
Posts in topic: 13

Post by JagsfanNtexas »

pramsay wrote:I was told that the DPS had my fingerprints and paperwork, just waiting to be processed and stated that it would take up to 90 days. I am new to all of this so I'm trying to gather as much information as I can so that I have at least some type of time frame to judge by. I wish that it were less time, but it is what it is.
Try calling again tomorrow and talking to someone else. Unless something has popped up in your background that wasn't disclosed in your application, it should take no more than 60 days per state law. Not sure why you were told 90, could be someone's first day on the job.

Moonglum83
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Moonglum83 »

Does it mean anything when your $10 MorphoTrust check gets cashed? I got fingerprinted back on November 6 and received an email receipt, but I noticed the $10 check was just cashed against my bank account on December 11. Does the check being cashed mean they finally started or completed your background check? Thanks.

TheRustyShackleford
Posts in topic: 16

Post by TheRustyShackleford »

Today is my 30th day (from the confirmation e-mail. It's the 39th day since I did my actual application.)

I called the DPS and after a long wait I finally talked to a lady that said it's processing. I asked when I could expect it to be finished processing (like I didn't already know what she'd say) she said it would be sometime during the next 30 days. I asked should I check back next week and she encouraged me. She said it could really be any day, but I'm not holding my breath.
shi-shi-sha...

TexasLonghornRN
Posts in topic: 14

Post by TexasLonghornRN »

Website changed on Monday nothing in the mail today. Maybe thurs or fri? Was wondering how long from website change until you got your card? Also has anyone started carrying after you were approved but before you got your plastic?

KC80
Posts in topic: 80

Post by KC80 »

TexasLonghornRN wrote:Website changed on Monday nothing in the mail today. Maybe thurs or fri? Was wondering how long from website change until you got your card? Also has anyone started carrying after you were approved but before you got your plastic?
Most I have seen received there plastic a couple of days after website changed and you legally cannot carry until you have plastic on hand. That is in the the faq's section on the DPS website.
:seeya:

JagsfanNtexas
Posts in topic: 13

Post by JagsfanNtexas »

:iagree:

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

It's against the law, not till plastic in hand.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

NillaWafer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NillaWafer »

My timeline:

Class on Oct. 24
Online application & paperwork submitted Nov. 6
Fingerprints submitted Nov. 13

Online status changed yesterday! :woohoo

Hopefully the plastic won't be delayed by holiday mail.

twjones
Posts in topic: 17

Post by twjones »

NillaWafer wrote:My timeline:

Class on Oct. 24

With that timeline, I am hopeful mine will change by the end of the week.

KC80

Post by KC80 »

NillaWafer wrote:My timeline:

Class on Oct. 24

I really hate these stories, I am actually ahead of you a couple of days and nothing yet. :rolll Just kidding, hope you get it soon.

TexasLonghornRN
Posts in topic: 14

Post by TexasLonghornRN »

I don't think it's against the law, approved is approved, plastic or not, it's still in the system as approved when they look it up. Just saying. If you forget your license at home and you are carrying one quick call in and it's attached to your driving record legal is legal approved is approved.

KC80

Post by KC80 »

TexasLonghornRN wrote:I don't think it's against the law, approved is approved, plastic or not, it's still in the system as approved when they look it up. Just saying. If you forget your license at home and you are carrying one quick call in and it's attached to your driving record legal is legal approved is approved.

32. I have applied for a Texas License to Carry a Handgun (LTC). When can I begin carrying my handgun?
You can begin carrying your handgun upon receipt of the physical license. As a reminder, HB 910 related to open carry becomes effective January 1, 2016. Issuance of the LTC prior to the effective date does not provide authority for license holders to carry openly before the effective date of the new law.

TheRustyShackleford
Posts in topic: 16

Post by TheRustyShackleford »

TexasLonghornRN wrote:I don't think it's against the law, approved is approved, plastic or not, it's still in the system as approved when they look it up. Just saying. If you forget your license at home and you are carrying one quick call in and it's attached to your driving record legal is legal approved is approved.
If you get caught carrying without your CHL, you'll go to jail.

Unless you're obviously in your home, car, ect..
shi-shi-sha...

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”