"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jpbaney
Posts in topic: 7

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by jpbaney »

Here is my Timeline:

Online Application: 6/22/15
Fingerprinted: 9/11/15
Completed CHL Course: 12/6/15
Submitted CHL-100 and DD-214: 12/6/15
Email stating documents received 12/7/15
Now patiently waiting by the mailbox.

Hopefully, the long wait after my application and fingerprints doesn't affect how fast my application is approved.

TexasLonghornRN
Posts in topic: 14

Post by TexasLonghornRN »

Website changed when I checked this morning, everything was completely in October 27, it took 50 days to be approved with old dwi. Last night when I went to bed the website did not change yet allowing me to change address, report card stolen, etc but now it did. Squeaky clean record 30 days, not so much 50. Here it comes!!!!

Rmartinez37
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Rmartinez37 »

:thewave

:anamatedbanana website changed :anamatedbanana

:thewave

KC80
Posts in topic: 80

Post by KC80 »

:coolgleamA:
:seeya:

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

TexasLonghornRN wrote:Website changed when I checked this morning, everything was completely in October 27, it took 50 days to be approved with old dwi. Last night when I went to bed the website did not change yet allowing me to change address, report card stolen, etc but now it did. Squeaky clean record 30 days, not so much 50. Here it comes!!!!

Congrats TexaslonghornRN
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

JagsfanNtexas
Posts in topic: 13

Post by JagsfanNtexas »

Looks like they took care of quite a few of us yesterday because the website was updated for me this morning. Wasn't updated as of 3:30pm yesterday. The race is on, who receives their plastic first?!

pramsay
Posts in topic: 4

Post by pramsay »

I wish that I knew where I could check the status of my CHL online. I tried one link, but the status never changes so I don't even know if it is the right place. The link that I am using is https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/options.do

Can someone tell me if this is the right link? I submitted all of my information if November and I don't know exactly how long it will take for the status to change. If it does change, what will it say?
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."
Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto Dec. 7th, 1941

JagsfanNtexas

Post by JagsfanNtexas »

Yes that's the right link. When it changes it will give you the option to change address, report missing card, etc. I think most of us that just had a status change submitted everything in October, so I'm sure yours is coming up soon.

JagsfanNtexas

Post by JagsfanNtexas »

pramsay wrote:I wish that I knew where I could check the status of my CHL online. I tried one link, but the status never changes so I don't even know if it is the right place. The link that I am using is https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/options.do

Can someone tell me if this is the right link? I submitted all of my information if November and I don't know exactly how long it will take for the status to change. If it does change, what will it say?
image.png
It will look like this

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

pramsay wrote:I wish that I knew where I could check the status of my CHL online. I tried one link, but the status never changes so I don't even know if it is the right place. The link that I am using is https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/options.do

You're at the right sight, sometimes it doesn't even show status change until you plastic is being sent. Click "returning users" put DL # & DOB & if it just says to apply for instructor CHL, it's right site. What's your timeline in November? Cause minimum 30 days before you
can call for updates, but you're at the right sight.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

JagsfanNtexas wrote:Looks like they took care of quite a few of us yesterday because the website was updated for me this morning. Wasn't updated as of 3:30pm yesterday. The race is on, who receives their plastic first?!

Congrats JagsfanNTexas
Wooohoooo!!

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Pawpaw »

When I renewed my CHL in March of last year, you could log into that same link and get a better picture of your status, something like this:

Later in the year (August or September), they put a stop to that. Now, all you can do is look for the change of address & report a lost card links to guess it's been mailed. :???:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

pramsay

Post by pramsay »

I just got off of the phone with DPS and it looks like it's going to be sometime in February when I get my plastic. I submitted all the information on November the 14th, so I guess it takes a bit longer this time of year.
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

pramsay wrote:I just got off of the phone with DPS and it looks like it's going to be sometime in February when I get my plastic. I submitted all the information on November the 14th, so I guess it takes a bit longer this time of year.

Pramsay; Question,,, DPS said Feb or your just guessing?? cause if you finished Nov 14th then it shouldn't be Feb, unless they requested additional information from a hiccup in your past. 60 days max if no hiccups. RIGHT EVERYONE?????
Last edited by GlassG19 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pramsay

Post by pramsay »

I was told that the DPS had my fingerprints and paperwork, just waiting to be processed and stated that it would take up to 90 days. I am new to all of this so I'm trying to gather as much information as I can so that I have at least some type of time frame to judge by. I wish that it were less time, but it is what it is.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”