"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

GeorgetownJD
Posts in topic: 3

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by GeorgetownJD »

GeorgetownJD wrote:Timeline:

10/26/15: Submitted Application and CHL-100 online
10/28/15: Fingerprints submitted
11/11/15: Called and confirmed all docs received
11/30/15: Called today and was told I was approved on the 17th and should have LTC within 10 business days (should be here this week)

A little over 30 days but impressed with the turn around. Cannot wait to get the plastic in my hand. I thought mine might take longer as I have lived in 4 states in the past 5 years for work before returning to TX but it went quick!!
Received my Plastic today!! :anamatedbanana

Just finished my first trip out and did a HEB-Y-Walk (Wally Walk at H.E.B.) After this weeks events in CA - cannot tell you how happy I am to be responsibly armed now AND how happy I am to be a Texan and an American with the right to do so!!

Edge767

Post by Edge767 »

Edge767 wrote:Application completed online: 10/12
Class completed: 11/03
Chl 100 submitted: 11/04
DD-214 submitted: 11/04
Fingerprints completed: 10/27

Website says nothing. I just submitted an email asking to ensure all documents were received properly. Hope to get my card this month.
Website still says nothing, so I called. Surprisingly, a very nice lady named Angela answered at 5:02 pm on a Friday and confirmed that not only did they receive my paperwork properly, but that they had mailed out my license on December 1st. SCORE! Now I just need to wait on the USPS which, in my neighborhood at least, has been less than stellar since "upgrading" their sorting facility in Houston.

Keep the faith, folks. They are processing these pretty quickly right now, it seems.

Jpledger
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jpledger »

Website changed today. Still no plastic in the mail. I hope it is soon.

TexasLonghornRN
Posts in topic: 14

Post by TexasLonghornRN »

Was just wondering what kind of timeline I was looking at for chl, I did online app on 10/21, sent in Forms 10/25, did fingerprints on 10/27, I had a private class done for family and friends, they all got there fingerprints done 1-2 weeks after I did and everyone got there cards today except me. I listed an old dwi from 2000 on my form and called the lady she said it was sent for review and could take 180 days which to me seems ridiculous. My friend did not list any arrests and I had to bail him out of jail several times when we were younger. Just seems it doesn't Pay to be honest, sorry about the rant but when 6 other people all get there license on the same day and you get nothing it's kind of bothersome. Just wanted to know if anyone else had similar experiences

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

TexasLonghornRN wrote:Was just wondering what kind of timeline I was looking at for chl, I did online app on 10/21, sent in Forms 10/25, did fingerprints on 10/27, I had a private class done for family and friends, they all got there fingerprints done 1-2 weeks after I did and everyone got there cards today except me. I listed an old dwi from 2000 on my form and called the lady she said it was sent for review and could take 180 days which to me seems ridiculous. My friend did not list any arrests and I had to bail him out of jail several times when we were younger. Just seems it doesn't Pay to be honest, sorry about the rant but when 6 other people all get there license on the same day and you get nothing it's kind of bothersome. Just wanted to know if anyone else had similar experiences
It may take a bit longer than others, but that might be one day longer or 20 days longer or more. As for your friend lying on his application...well that is a risk I would NOT take, even if it DID mean a longer delay being honest about arrests. Now he has committed another crime in the process! Will he get caught? Maybe not...but it's a stupid risk in my opinion.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

Edge767

Post by Edge767 »

Last update since I received my card today.

Application completed online: 10/12
Class completed: 11/03
Chl 100 submitted: 11/04
DD-214 submitted: 11/04
Fingerprints completed: 10/27
CHL Card Received: 12/4

Note: As of 12/5, the website has not yet updated for me although I received my CHL in the mail yesterday.

rrrrDPS!!

Post by rrrrDPS!! »

TexasLonghornRN wrote:Was just wondering what kind of timeline I was looking at for chl, I did online app on 10/21, sent in Forms 10/25, did fingerprints on 10/27, I had a private class done for family and friends, they all got there fingerprints done 1-2 weeks after I did and everyone got there cards today except me. I listed an old dwi from 2000 on my form and called the lady she said it was sent for review and could take 180 days which to me seems ridiculous. My friend did not list any arrests and I had to bail him out of jail several times when we were younger. Just seems it doesn't Pay to be honest, sorry about the rant but when 6 other people all get there license on the same day and you get nothing it's kind of bothersome. Just wanted to know if anyone else had similar experiences
yeah I am having the same problem. I case was dismissed and DPS still holding in background phase. I say bull. I meet all requirements. I am s.o.l. Who do you complain to? NO ONE.

twjones
Posts in topic: 17

Post by twjones »

Sad but true story...

I had a dream I received my CHL in the mail... it was a massive envelope with my plastic enclosed. Then I woke up, fed the dog, and realized the truth. The wait continues...

TheRustyShackleford
Posts in topic: 16

Post by TheRustyShackleford »

TheRustyShackleford wrote:I'm a new member...

I should have applied for my CHL a LONG time ago, just kinda never got around to it, anyways, my current timetable is as follows:

Completed Online Application: 11/05/15
Completed CHL Class: 11/07/15
Completed Fingerprinting: 11/13/15
Submitted All Paperwork to the DPS Online: 11/13/15
DPS Documents Received E-Mail: 11/16/15

Currently nothing has changed for me on the DPS website, it still asks if I want to apply as an instructor. I'm a former DPS employee (less than one year removed from service) I was hopeful that my background would still be on file.

I'm hopeful to have my plastic in hand by December 16th, but I doubt that's possible, is it?
Just got off the phone with the DPS (after a 32 minute wait) they said they have all of my documents but that nothing has processed and that when they start the background check it could take 60 days.

I envy my father, he submitted his paperwork in Florida the same day i did in Texas and he already has his plastic.. :oops:
shi-shi-sha...

TexasLonghornRN
Posts in topic: 14

Post by TexasLonghornRN »

The worst part was because I wanted my license faster I drove an hour and a half oct 27 to do my prints because local place was booked up, my friends spouse neighbors father I law and dad did their prints 1-2 weeks later, everyone got theirs Friday but because by being honest about DWI now 2000 I'm delayed maybe 180 days, hate to say this but honesty loses in this quest no wonder so many people lie.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 6

Post by WildBill »

TexasLonghornRN wrote:The worst part was because I wanted my license faster I drove an hour and a half oct 27 to do my prints because local place was booked up, my friends spouse neighbors father I law and dad did their prints 1-2 weeks later, everyone got theirs Friday but because by being honest about DWI now 2000 I'm delayed maybe 180 days, hate to say this but honesty loses in this quest no wonder so many people lie.
Welcome to the forum. :txflag:
I don't wish to chastise you, but in this quest lying loses.
Not only is it wrong, in this case it is a crime.
NRA Endowment Member

Breny414
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Breny414 »

TexasLonghornRN wrote:The worst part was because I wanted my license faster I drove an hour and a half oct 27 to do my prints because local place was booked up, my friends spouse neighbors father I law and dad did their prints 1-2 weeks later, everyone got theirs Friday but because by being honest about DWI now 2000 I'm delayed maybe 180 days, hate to say this but honesty loses in this quest no wonder so many people lie.
They will find the DWI whether you're honest or not, and I doubt that caused the delay. As for how long it's going to take, I believe the 180 days is worst case, and they tell everyone that.

I'm wondering if there are some who are randomly selected for further review?

jlp
Posts in topic: 1

16 Days Start to Finish

Post by jlp »

I submitted my application on-line following the directions on the CHL web site. I attached scans of my FAST and CHL-100 forms.

Submission date: 11/18
Confirmation email from DPS stating application was received: 11/19
Arrival of CHL license: 12/4

From start to finish the time elapsed was 16 days.

It's interesting to note that a no time did a search of the on-line application status show anything. It remained blank.

So ... the trick for quick turn around is to use on-line system, not the Postal Service.

TheRustyShackleford
Posts in topic: 16

Re: 16 Days Start to Finish

Post by TheRustyShackleford »

jlp wrote:I submitted my application on-line following the directions on the CHL web site. I attached scans of my FAST and CHL-100 forms.

It's interesting to note that a no time did a search of the on-line application status show anything. It remained blank.

So ... the trick for quick turn around is to use on-line system, not the Postal Service.
You're extremely lucky. Play the lottery.
shi-shi-sha...

Breny414
Posts in topic: 23

Re: 16 Days Start to Finish

Post by Breny414 »

:iagree:
TheRustyShackleford wrote:
jlp wrote:I submitted my application on-line following the directions on the CHL web site. I attached scans of my FAST and CHL-100 forms.

You're extremely lucky. Play the lottery.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”