How do I attach an image to a post???

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
red2000vette
Posts in topic: 1

How do I attach an image to a post???

Post by red2000vette »

Would someone be so kind as to let me know how I attach an image (jpeg) to a posting??? :headscratch

Thank you.

Bill

Kalrog

Re: How do I attach an image to a post???

Post by Kalrog »

You have to have it hosted somewhere on the web first. Then you can use the "Img" button at the top of the post window to insert the link here.

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mike1951 »

red2000vette wrote:Would someone be so kind as to let me know how I attach an image (jpeg) to a posting??? :headscratch

Thank you.

Bill
Go to PhotoBucket and set up a free account.

It is very easy to upload images from your computer to PhotoBucket.

Then you simply copy and paste the link that will be below the image in PhotoBucket.

http://photobucket.com/
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

drw

Post by drw »

I recommend http://tinypic.com instead of photobucket, as you don't even have to register for an account in order to use it. Couldn't be simpler!
Last edited by drw on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mike1951 »

Tinypic may be better and I'll take a look at it.

Maybe when I said free account, that was a misnomer.

You have to register just like you have to register in Tinypic.

Otherwise, you would never find your photos again.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

drw

Post by drw »

Mike1951 wrote:You have to register just like you have to register in Tinypic.
Actually, there's no registration needed. Just click browse, find the picture, and away you go. It's useful for those "one off" type needs where you want to quickly share a photo and don't care about needing to find it later on. Pretty cool. :cool:

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

drw wrote:Here's my dad, cutting down a tree with one of my AK47s.
So is your dad a member of the Forum? Shouldn't he be?

We have Father's Day specials...
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

drw

Post by drw »

Skiprr wrote:So is your dad a member of the Forum? Shouldn't he be?
A few issues with that:

1) My dad lives in Tennessee.
2) He doesn't have an interest in CHL nor is he likely to get one.
3) His wife (not my mother) is a rabidly liberal feminist anti.

Despite his love of guns in the past, the only firearm he has today is a beautiful heirloom .308 rifle that his grandfather gave his father, who in turn gave to him. I understand that he has decided to pass it on to me when the time comes, and I'm looking forward to being the 4th generation to own and shoot deer with that rifle.

Anyway, on a recent visit I introduced him to the AK47 and he fell in love. I offered to sell it to him for what I paid for it, and he glanced at his wife, sighed, then turned down my offer. :grumble

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

drw wrote:Despite his love of guns in the past, the only firearm he has today is a beautiful heirloom .308 rifle that his grandfather gave his father, who in turn gave to him. I understand that he has decided to pass it on to me when the time comes, and I'm looking forward to being the 4th generation to own and shoot deer with that rifle.
Wow, not many "heirloom" 4th generation .308 rifles, since that caliber wasn't introduced until 1954. What was the timeline? Your father doesn't appear to be a young'un, so his grandfather must have been up in years when he made the initial gift.

Anyway, on a recent visit I introduced him to the AK47 and he fell in love. I offered to sell it to him for what I paid for it, and he glanced at his wife, sighed, then turned down my offer. :grumble
As sad as it is, at least he knows and has made peace with his place in that relationship.

drw

Post by drw »

KBCraig wrote:Wow, not many "heirloom" 4th generation .308 rifles, since that caliber wasn't introduced until 1954. What was the timeline? Your father doesn't appear to be a young'un, so his grandfather must have been up in years when he made the initial gift.
To continue this thread down hijack lane... :)

I didn't know .308 was so new. That must mean that his grandfather was already an old man when he got it. My dad is 60 and his grandfather died about 20 years ago at the age of about 80. I would guess he must have been up in his years when he bought it. Dad's father gave him the rifle just a couple years ago. In my family, things are passed down not at death, but long before, when the time seems right. For example, my dad bought 25 acres and moved onto it, so his dad passed along the rifle to him. A few years ago, his parents (my grandparents) tried to get my wife and I to take their 180 acre farm in Wisconsin, and we seriously considered it but ultimately chose to stay in Texas.

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”