9mm Remington Brass Available at MidSouth

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Dad24GreatKids
Posts in topic: 2

9mm Remington Brass Available at MidSouth

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

I just ordered a 2,000 round box of 9mm Remington brass from MidSouth Shooters. Their system shows that they still have stock available. $391.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

Jumping Frog

Re: 9mm Remington Brass Available at MidSouth

Post by Jumping Frog »

Dad24GreatKids wrote:I just ordered a 2,000 round box of 9mm Remington brass from MidSouth Shooters. Their system shows that they still have stock available. $391.
Last summer when I was selling a lot of brass, I was selling 2,000 rounds of 9mm range pickup brass for $50. I don't understand the appeal of buying new 9mm brass.

I've bought new brass for rifles and .44 Mag when I knew I was going to be loading stout rounds for hunting, but I reload the common pistol calibers for range and plinking ammo where maximum loads really aren't needed. Range pickup brass always worked fine for me for those purposes.

Anyway, glad you found some brass that you wanted, glad we have the freedom to each make our own choices.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

teddy salad
Posts in topic: 1

Post by teddy salad »

I just bought 1000 Starline 45ACP from Midway. All they had was the nickel plated, though.

Topic author
Dad24GreatKids

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

Jumping Frog wrote:
Dad24GreatKids wrote:I just ordered a 2,000 round box of 9mm Remington brass from MidSouth Shooters. Their system shows that they still have stock available. $391.
Last summer when I was selling a lot of brass, I was selling 2,000 rounds of 9mm range pickup brass for $50. I don't understand the appeal of buying new 9mm brass.

I've bought new brass for rifles and .44 Mag when I knew I was going to be loading stout rounds for hunting, but I reload the common pistol calibers for range and plinking ammo where maximum loads really aren't needed. Range pickup brass always worked fine for me for those purposes.

Anyway, glad you found some brass that you wanted, glad we have the freedom to each make our own choices.
Bob,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I've never reloaded before and decided to buy new brass as a starting point. For me it is a safety thing. If I can take out some of the risk while I'm learning I'll be more comfortable loading my first rounds.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

:txflag: :patriot:

Good luck with reloading. Starting careful and cautious is a good thing.

Just don't get so cautious on the powder charge that you are substantially under the minimum charge in an attemp to be "safe", and find you have stuck a bullet in the barrel. That can also be a common newbie issue.

Anyway, your new brass is valuable, so make sure you save it! :drool:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

jhutto
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jhutto »

Hey, thanks for the heads up. There might be others looking for some new brass; and its nice to share availability with stock so low everywhere.
-J

Return to “Reloading Forum”