Reloading supplies are scarce at the wholesalers

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Salty1
Posts in topic: 1

Reloading supplies are scarce at the wholesalers

Post by Salty1 »

Just received a call from one of my favorite wholesale suppliers. I have a bunch of items on backorder so I was thrilled when I received the call. Looks like I have a case of small pistol and large rifle primers heading my way along with 500 30 cal bullets. The downside is the rifle powder and rifle brass- 308 and 223 are still on backorder. I asked to add 1500 124 gr 9mm FMJ's to the order and was informed that they have no 9mm bullets at all except for some Ranier flat nose. They would not even take an order for more primers or bullets until all their backorders are filled as they are not getting any commitments on delivery dates from the manufacturers. Guess it is oficially at the point where we need to grab what we can and search the various forums for used brass or start bartering primers for brass......
Salty1

Don2

Re: Reloading supplies are scarce at the wholesalers

Post by Don2 »

Crazy thing happened a while ago. Went to midwayusa's web site and was looking through reloading equipment and supplies/components...Almost everything on BackOrder..!!!
I don't need anything now, just was looking....WoW
Hmmm........I knew it was going on, just have not been looking at web sites for supplies.

;-)

Don2

olafpfj

Post by olafpfj »

My order for 10lbs of H335 arrived yesterday from Midsouth Shooters Supply. :anamatedbanana

They had low stock of that and pretty much nothing else so I jumped on it.
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

Iunnrais
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Iunnrais »

Well, most of my initial kit to get started should be here on Monday. Found .44 mag dies (RCBS set) today while out at lunch. Picked up a box of .430 240gr bullets the other day that was the only box avail in one of my 'starter' calibers. Only items that will still be outstanding for me to get started loading will be primers and powder (go figure). Hopefully, I can find both soon.

Have been a bit surprised at how difficult it's been to find the more common die sets of late.
Last edited by Iunnrais on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

Found one set of 380 dies in stock at Grafs and then found some 95gn cast at Friendswood. Both said 2 to 3 weeks to ship though.
N5PNZ

loneranger4x4

Post by loneranger4x4 »

Iunnrais wrote:Well, most of my initial kit to get started should be here on Monday. Found .44 mag dies (RCBS set) today while out at lunch. Picked up a box of .430 240gr bullets the other day that was the only box avail in one of my 'starter' calibers. Only items that will still be outstanding for me to get started loading will be primers and powder (go figure). Hopefully, I can find both soon.

Have been a bit surprised at how difficult it's been to find the more common die sets of late.
carters country in pasadena had about 10,000 federal large magnum pistol primers on the shelf a few minutes ago if that is what you are looking for. not much powder selection though.
James Patterson

loneranger4x4

Post by loneranger4x4 »

2farnorth wrote:Found one set of 380 dies in stock at Grafs and then found some 95gn cast at Friendswood. Both said 2 to 3 weeks to ship though.
I have an extra set of rcbs 380 dies almost new if you are still looking for some.
James Patterson

Iunnrais

Post by Iunnrais »

loneranger4x4 wrote:
Iunnrais wrote:Well, most of my initial kit to get started should be here on Monday. Found .44 mag dies (RCBS set) today while out at lunch. Picked up a box of .430 240gr bullets the other day that was the only box avail in one of my 'starter' calibers. Only items that will still be outstanding for me to get started loading will be primers and powder (go figure). Hopefully, I can find both soon.

carters country in pasadena had about 10,000 federal large magnum pistol primers on the shelf a few minutes ago if that is what you are looking for. not much powder selection though.
They have a few hundred less now but there was quite a stack left after the wife and I left about an hour ago. They did have a 200 primer/person limit. Not much in the way of powder on the shelves.

loneranger4x4

Post by loneranger4x4 »

Iunnrais wrote:
loneranger4x4 wrote:

They have a few hundred less now but there was quite a stack left after the wife and I left about an hour ago. They did have a 200 primer/person limit. Not much in the way of powder on the shelves.
I somehow managed to wrangle their last 600 cci small pistol primers from them when i was in there. maybe it was because I also bought a rifle.
James Patterson

Iunnrais

Post by Iunnrais »

Found some more primers today at T's down in Texas City (Winchester Large Pistol) and he still had several several boxes of various types on the shelf. Not much in the way of powder though (just a bit for rifles, nothing for pistols).

mjoplin

Post by mjoplin »

I ended up happy last night. Just meandered through Gander Mountain and noticed a 4 lb jug of Clays on the shelf all by itself. Happily back to loading 45 with my favorite powder again. No primers, very little ammo...
NRA Life Member
I'm environmentally conscious, I only use recycled ammo courtesy of my Dillon 550
This message was created using only recycled electrons

rotor

Post by rotor »

Just as I was about to start a new hobby, reloading... the world shortage hits. So, if there are no supplies how come the Syrians are still able to shoot each other, 8 year old kids in Africa have full automatic AK47's, and this old Texan has a new loading bench set up in the garage with everything except powder, primers and bullets? I can wait though and in the meantime I have all the hardware and plenty of ammo.

Return to “Reloading Forum”