Pics of your reloading area

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

longtooth
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Pics of your reloading area

Post by longtooth »

You can be close but not the tiny trophy. Marty still has that one. I have never seen anyone load as much w/ as little space as he dies.

Glad to see you getting set up. :tiphat:
LT
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

shooter4
Posts in topic: 2

Post by shooter4 »

just sold the RCBS turret press to make room. Its getting way to crowded........ :tiphat:
Attachments
reload 1.jpeg
reload 1.jpeg (5.4 KiB) Viewed 2711 times

RAM4171
Posts in topic: 1
Location: On a dead end dirt road in the deep dark woods of East TEXAS

Post by RAM4171 »

bump

Came across this a few pages back and found it interesting as I'm thinking about getting started. Mrs. RAM and I had a conversation about reloading, and she seems to thing that I should have it confined to the garage. I disagree as we don't have any kids but live in a four bedroom. I have my own room with my clothes, desk, and gun safe, so why not set up a reloading station in there? It's not like I'm trying to encraoch on one of the "guest" rooms one of which doubles as her hobby room. I tend to be pretty persuasive with here and I think that I'll get her to come around. My only concern is I'm almost positive that jewlry will be involved in the persuasion process. "rlol"
Μολὼν λαβέ
Jesus was not politically correct, therefore I refuse to be
To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic-TN

mktacop

Post by mktacop »

Here is a pic of my recently completed reloading area. Mounted the press to a piece of 2x12 so that I can move it off the bench to make room for other projects as needed. I also built shelves to hold empty brass and bullets instead of spending the money to buy the ones Dillon makes....cheaper that way, and more money for brass/powder/primers/bullets. :)
Attachments
press.JPG
USAF Retired

williamkevin

Post by williamkevin »

Here's mine...just starting out.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

My wife posted a few pics of my setup in this earlier thread.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=43798

I split a sheet of 3/4" plywood lengthwise and laminated the two parts together. Cut it into the table top pieces, screwed the main top to the tool cart, affixed the side table and legs and then sealed with a MinWax poly stain.

For a portable solution that allows me to keep the materials handy, I'm not sure that I'd change anything. So far, I've loaded a couple thousand 9mm and .380 and have no complaints.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Tallinthesaddle

Post by Tallinthesaddle »

Two and one-half years ago I purchased my first set of reloading stuff from Lee. I purchased two other sets of various items and then, finally, this week I built the bench. I moved four months ago and as of yet, have not found one of the boxes I had ordered! Guess the right thing to say is once you get it, don't put it off. Here is the bench, so I can now start:

markthenewf

Post by markthenewf »

Currently reloading 45ACP, 38SPL, 308, and 30-06. Hornady trimmer is great as is the RCBS gear. The Hornady press has been.....buggy.... yeah, that's a good description!

Reloading "Bench". An old computer table, but it has a good heavy top. I like the two levels.

Powder, dies, books, and tools off to the right side. Drawers separate out each die set and function (prep/prime, etc.). Works great.

Brass, primers, and manuals off to the left side. Everything separated out in each drawer of a filing cabinet.
Cheers!

Mark

steelhawk

Post by steelhawk »

Here's mine, now in a spare bedroom instead of the garage. The new bench is a much better setup. I'm going to expand and get a turret press as soon as I get enough money. It isn't this neat at the present moment. I've had the press, scale and powder measure since 1974.

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

Well, I had not reloaded since my college days back at A&M in the early 70's. Needed to shave some cost for shooting IDPA so I jumped in all the way with a Dillon Super 1050 for 9mm. Course I had no supporting equipment so I had to get all the items, scales, calipers you name it. Got the whole setup from Brian Enos. Used a Kobalt bench from Lowes and added some lights, extra supports and here it is. Gotta admit this reloader once setup will crank out some ammo. Works great. Now to actually use it more and hope the extra practice pays off. Thanks for looking.

Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

Gyrogearhead
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Gyrogearhead »

RAM4171 wrote:bump

Came across this a few pages back and found it interesting as I'm thinking about getting started. Mrs. RAM and I had a conversation about reloading, and she seems to thing that I should have it confined to the garage. I disagree as we don't have any kids but live in a four bedroom. I have my own room with my clothes, desk, and gun safe, so why not set up a reloading station in there? It's not like I'm trying to encraoch on one of the "guest" rooms one of which doubles as her hobby room. I tend to be pretty persuasive with here and I think that I'll get her to come around. My only concern is I'm almost positive that jewlry will be involved in the persuasion process. "rlol"
Reminds me of a "solution" a friend of mine used. He went out to one of the re-sale shops and bought an "antique" double door tall cabinet, carved wood on the front, you know the kind. Then he reenforced the inside with 2X4's and a doubled 3/4" plywood shelf at the right bench height. He put a flourscent light in the top and little shelves up the back inside for die sets, scale & etc. With the doors closed you'd never know this wasn't just another piece of antique furnature in a neat and tidy home office. Open the doors and he is instantly ready for reloading. Best of all he doesn't have to sweat it out in the garage.

Gerry
"With atomic weapons, as in many other things, knowing what to do isn't nearly so important as knowing what NOT to do." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer, 1946

Wisdom comes from reading the instructions. Experience comes from not reading them!

APynckel
Posts in topic: 3

Post by APynckel »

We have an old garden shed out back of our house that we decided to turn into a small "apartment". Place was spider infested, poor lighting, and a "workbench" that was covered in old pots and fertilizer. So we gutted it, removed the old dark "walnut" paneling, insulated the roof, put some lighter "maple" paneling up, added some flourescent lighting over the part where we were going to work, and build a new bench and shelves. Turned out rather nice

I have since added some blue koolaide for .45 acp loading :)

Air conditioner and dehumidifier
NRA Lifetime Member

Gyrogearhead
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Gyrogearhead »

:thewave Wooo-Hoooo That's Nice :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: You did an excelent job with the backyard shed. I'm turning green with envy!!

Gerry
"With atomic weapons, as in many other things, knowing what to do isn't nearly so important as knowing what NOT to do." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer, 1946

Wisdom comes from reading the instructions. Experience comes from not reading them!

APynckel
Posts in topic: 3

Post by APynckel »

Gyrogearhead wrote::thewave Wooo-Hoooo That's Nice :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: You did an excelent job with the backyard shed. I'm turning green with envy!!

Gerry
Thank ya. Surprisingly it only took a couple weeks to renovate. Amazing what you can do when you have the passion to complete the job and do it properly. The only thing I need now, really, is another dillon for large caliber (45-70 and the like) mass production, and maybe to add a sink / table on the other side (near the A/C unit) so that I can have all my cleaning in there too. I do wet tumbling now, and it's aggravating having to move the tumbler back and forth from the house to the shed.

I like it. It's quiet, and I can really focus on making quality rounds there. Now I just need to get a WiFi signal out there so I can listen to streaming music while I work.
NRA Lifetime Member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

APynckel wrote:
Gyrogearhead wrote::thewave Wooo-Hoooo That's Nice :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: You did an excelent job with the backyard shed. I'm turning green with envy!!

Gerry
Thank ya. Surprisingly it only took a couple weeks to renovate. Amazing what you can do when you have the passion to complete the job and do it properly. The only thing I need now, really, is another dillon for large caliber (45-70 and the like) mass production, and maybe to add a sink / table on the other side (near the A/C unit) so that I can have all my cleaning in there too. I do wet tumbling now, and it's aggravating having to move the tumbler back and forth from the house to the shed.

I like it. It's quiet, and I can really focus on making quality rounds there. Now I just need to get a WiFi signal out there so I can listen to streaming music while I work.
You did a great job! It's nice to have a place to hide from the world and make something.

Chas.

Return to “Reloading Forum”