CHL holder killed by police in Las Vegas at a Costco

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

blue
Posts in topic: 6

Re: CHL holder killed by police in Las Vegas at a Costco

Post by blue »

He was that "Dazed" and yet three fast, healthy, trained, LEO could not restrain and subdue him.

Whitewash.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 37

Post by puma guy »

philip964 wrote:Well from the newspaper articles so far it appears the inquest is over.

Erik Scott was a prescription drug abuser with lethal doses of opiates in his body making him "dazed" so that he incorrectly responded to one officer's command to "get down on the ground" and instead drew his gun and pointed it at that officer.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/se ... rik-scott/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems to tie it all in a neat package.

Or, the DA is presenting all the evidence of Erik deserving to be shot in Day 1 and the rest of the evidence showing he did not in Day 2. It would seem a logical process to present the evidence, since his addiction to pain medication and a witness who said he drew his gun cannot be swept under the carpet.

I guess we will see.
There are many more witnesses to be heard, to be sure. However, the first edition headlines are "Erik Scott is a drug addict to dazed to follow directions" thus deserves to die. That will remain foremost in the jurys mind. seeing the gun and little else is akin to a witness of an accident that can't remember the color of the cars, the direction,speed?- direction?- wet?- hot?- cold? "Don't remember" only that car A hit car B. "I saw it" and "Oh, yeah the driver was dazed" The fact that the Costco employee only recalls details supporting the prosecutor is simply amazing to me. The other tragedy in this process is the fact that the prosecutor can cross examine (the term used in the article) witnesses however Erik's lawyer is denied that priviledge. He must present no more than 25 questions to the judge who can decide whether or not to even ask them. That means only the prosecutor can cross examine and react to and/or challenge extemporaneuos remarks and answers. In my opinion someone should bring the inquest process to light and challenge it under equal protection laws. It has worked for the past forty years with only one unjustified shooting ruling which, I believe was never prosecuted. I think there is another shooting involving a male one his knees in a bathroom that has yet to be examined but I can't remember his name to look it up. I have a bad feeling about Erik's chances of getting a fair chance at justice.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

seniorshooteress
Posts in topic: 33

Post by seniorshooteress »

The way this is going LVPD will come out of it unscathed. I hope Las Vegas loses a whole lot of their tourism business and that people think of another place to go to gamble or take a vacation. If people stop going to Vegas maybe hitting them in the pocket book will wake them up to the fact that people don't like what goes down in that town with their police force. New motto Just "What stays in Vegas means; stay away from Vegas."
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

seniorshooteress wrote:The way this is going LVPD will come out of it unscathed. I hope Las Vegas loses a whole lot of their tourism business and that people think of another place to go to gamble or take a vacation. If people stop going to Vegas maybe hitting them in the pocket book will wake them up to the fact that people don't like what goes down in that town with their police force. New motto Just "What stays in Vegas means; stay away from Vegas."
You appear to be right. There seems to be a big void from the aspect of any national coverage of this incident. Whether that's by design or not is unknown. I could only speculate.

PS
I just learned that Erik's lawyer and family requested the Judge in this inquest allow them to attend the pretrial review meeting to allow them to know what would be presented by the prosecutor. Appaently the request was denied. They sought to be able to be able to submit more meaningful questions. Also were denied access to the autopsy results and only learned of the details at the inquest. This IS America... right? Prosector plans on calling 50 witnesses. I can't determine if Mr. Goodman, Erik's lawyer, who has about 30 witnesses, will be allowed to call them. He inferred they would only be heard if it goes to trial. Prosecutor is presenting a witness whose dog bit Erik and is relaying he and the dog were threatened by Erik.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

seniorshooteress wrote:The way this is going LVPD will come out of it unscathed. I hope Las Vegas loses a whole lot of their tourism business and that people think of another place to go to gamble or take a vacation. If people stop going to Vegas maybe hitting them in the pocket book will wake them up to the fact that people don't like what goes down in that town with their police force. New motto Just "What stays in Vegas means; stay away from Vegas."
Here's a link to another shooting that has already been handled. I couldn't recall the victim's name earlier but found it today. I only post it because the results are an ominous, forboding sign. To me anyway.
http://www.lvrj.com/news/officer--shoot ... 34024.html

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 59

Post by philip964 »

Seems interesting how the LVPD fires their guns, they are able to have a bullet enter the cheek and end up in the neck (man on his knees, but being threatening) or in Erik's case entering the buttocks and ending up in the liver (lying on the ground almost dead, but still threatening).

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 59

Post by philip964 »

Erik's father came clean about the drugs Erik was taking before the Inquest.

http://erikbscottmemorialblog.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Erik had a back injury from the Army.

Did you know he was texting in the store. Seems they left that out since it would not fit with the "dazed" story they are presenting.

RiverCity.45
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RiverCity.45 »

I don't think there was ever any doubt in the minds of Eric's family that this would go any way other than in favor of the LVPD. The nature of the inquest virtually guarantees that. His father pointed out those amazing shortcomings. :banghead:
Last edited by RiverCity.45 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9/21/09 - Received license
"Nothing is so dangerous as an idea when it is the only one you have." - Emile Chartier

davidtx
Posts in topic: 11

Post by davidtx »

Perhaps we should all book a nice vacation to Vegas and then send a letter of cancelation, explaining why. If you just stay away, they don't know if it was because of Erik Scott or just our wonderful economy.

terryg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by terryg »

Aren't most HDD for critical systems setup in a RAID configuration? :headscratch
... this space intentionally left blank ...

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Excaliber »

philip964 wrote:Erik's father came clean about the drugs Erik was taking before the Inquest.

http://erikbscottmemorialblog.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did you know he was texting in the store. Seems they left that out since it would not fit with the "dazed" story they are presenting.
The wording of this article indicates that Erik's father has a high degree of confidence that unaltered video will surface at some point.

There's little else to suggest this is the case, and I don't think he's the kind of man to bluff. I think he's got an ace up his sleeve.

Stay tuned for what happens after the inquest.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

davidtx
Posts in topic: 11

Post by davidtx »

Excaliber wrote:
philip964 wrote:Erik's father came clean about the drugs Erik was taking before the Inquest.

The wording of this article indicates that Erik's father has a high degree of confidence that unaltered video will surface at some point.

There's little else to suggest this is the case, and I don't think he's the kind of man to bluff. I think he's got an ace up his sleeve.

Stay tuned for what happens after the inquest.
I just read the latest blog entry. If he's right and Costco was streaming video offsite, AND it was going to a third party (my supposition), then there is a good chance the third party won't be interested in participating in a coverup. Lots of reading between the lines on my part, but that's what came to mind when I read the blog.

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 13

Post by sjfcontrol »

terryg wrote:Aren't most HDD for critical systems setup in a RAID configuration? :headscratch
I doubt that the security cameras would be considered a "critical system". That's for systems who's failure would cause a loss of money, or business. Point-of-sale systems, servers for web-based businesses, backup systems, etc.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Return to “Never Again!!”