Carry while at home

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Carry while at home

Post by C-dub »

XtremeDuty.45 wrote:I may be a minority in this situation but I OC while at home. My 1911 is always on my side in its nice lil Blackhawk Serpa.

I do this for two reasons...

1. is its a deterrent to thugs casing the subdivision
2. its easier accessable in case its needed

:patriot:
You're not alone. I OC and conceal at home also in a Blackhawk Serpa. It just depends on the situation.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TEXASGIANT
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TEXASGIANT »

This is a good argument for stainless guns so we can carry in the shower. Don't want to end up like the poor girl in Psycho.
In the evening at home there is usually something near by and on those productive days banging around in the garage and yard the P22 is comfortable. Better to have a .22 in hand than a .44 in the safe.
I am just a simple soldier, I have to much honor to be a politician and there are no statesmen left.

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MadMonkey »

dewayneward wrote:poppo, check where breakins are happening. they are not in "bad" areas. they can happen to anyone ANYWHERE!
I've had people scoff at the fact that I carry and they say condescendingly that they're glad they don't live in a "bad" neighborhood. Guess what... bad neighborhoods don't have cool stuff to steal. I try to explain to them that the people who are most comfortable and off guard make the easiest targets... usually the ones in gated communities where everybody is nice.

It's sad :banghead:
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

the gated community across the street from me was the first place to get robbed here and by far is the most frequent too. Go figure.

But hey they are safe they have a gate!!!

:patriot:

chabouk
Banned

Post by chabouk »

I bet this guy wishes he'd been carrying at home. Luckily he was able to grab a pistol while inside.

http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit to add: I looked up that address on Google street view, and it's a "nice neighborhood", too. I bet nothing bad ever happens there. :banghead:

Mikel

Post by Mikel »

was she more traumatized by the sight of you in your skivvies than the intruder?
JK

Thanks for the info: I often do not carry at home...I will change this behavior as the logic seems sound

mctowalot

Post by mctowalot »

And for those without stainless shower guns, tupperware is cheap - lock the freshness in and the moisture out! If I wanted to catch a person off guard (and naked) - not saying I do but - I'd camp out in the bushes and wait till they were in the shower. This is why I take my .357 tupperware and listen for the dog barking the code we've worked out.
On a side note, canning of the weapon works well too but takes longer to open.

5thGenTexan

Post by 5thGenTexan »

Just use a ziplok bag in the shower you can still squeeze off a round without opening but cleanining off that melted plastic from the muzzle blast will be a royal pain.
5th Generation Texan
"Republicrats and Demicans, it ain't no surprise,
Got their hands full of gimme, they got their mouths full of lies."

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

I have stainless for bathrooms, and never more than 2 feet from one anywhere in the house. My ankle holsters don't work very well to conceal on "clothing optional beaches" either, but I guess I could carry in one of my fanny packs to carry around the house :biggrinjester: Wait, did you ask if I "disarm" or "disrobe" when I get home? "rlol"

Ooops TMI !!!

I figure a BG would shake too much for him to get a steady shot (from laughing) if they catch me in a shower, but, I'm still armed in there.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

karder

Post by karder »

I drive my wife crazy because I always have 3 items with me, my gun, my blackberry, and a thumb drive around my neck. When I get home from work I take off my work gear, I slip on some shorts, an undershirt, and my sneakers...then put my 3 items back on. A few nights ago, my wife wife is cooking dinner, and I am standing in the kitchen sipping my "made it through the day" Sam Adams. She turns to me and says "why? why do you always have those things? No matter what you are wearing, or where you are going, even standing around the kitchen you always have your gun, your phone, and your thumb drive?" I tell her, "well, the gun is in case I have to shoot someone, the phone is in case someone needs to call me, and the thumb drive is in case I have to download something". She just looked at me like I was crazy. Seems logical to me. :roll:
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

llanite

Post by llanite »

I note in the Houston Comical that the Sugar Land Mayor was robbed in his driveway yesterday evening at gunpoint.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 26825.html

Sugar Land (and the mayor's neighborhood) are hardly regarded as high-crime areas. If it can happen there... it might be best to be prepared.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

llanite wrote:I note in the Houston Comical that the Sugar Land Mayor was robbed in his driveway yesterday evening at gunpoint.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 26825.html

Sugar Land (and the mayor's neighborhood) are hardly regarded as high-crime areas. If it can happen there... it might be best to be prepared.
There is a thread running the forum about this incident here http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29506" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by marksiwel »

so wait...I can open carry on my own property? Like mowing my front lawn?
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

TEXASGIANT

Post by TEXASGIANT »

"On a side note, canning of the weapon works well too but takes longer to open."

What is the shelf life once canned? Do you put a "Born on" date or a "Best if used by" date?
I am just a simple soldier, I have to much honor to be a politician and there are no statesmen left.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

5thGenTexan wrote:Just use a ziplok bag in the shower you can still squeeze off a round without opening but cleanining off that melted plastic from the muzzle blast will be a royal pain.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Never Again!!”