Political Bumper Stickers could make you a target

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Political Bumper Stickers could make you a target

Post by HighVelocity »

When I see Obama bumper stickers, I just shake my head. I guess some folks are just looking for an excuse to act out their aggression.

I did see a bumper sticker once on the way to an IDPA match that made me feel fairly aggressive but I was able to save it for the range. :biggrinjester:

I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 5

Post by anygunanywhere »

The agressors in that neighborhood are not liberals. They are wards of the state and federal gubmint and are protecting their source of income. I understand completely why they are in such a tizzy when they see the enemy in their midst. This is just an indication of times to come. Methinks the time is sooner, much sooner than later.

The situation is kind of Randian, don't you think?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Purplehood »

Ayn?
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KBCraig »

Purplehood wrote:Ayn?
Or James?

:biggrinjester:

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 5

Post by anygunanywhere »

Purplehood wrote:Ayn?
Perzactly

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

nitrogen wrote:
In fact, I'm considering getting an Obama and a McCain sticker, and putting one on either side of the car.
Just be sure you put the Obama sticker on the right, and the McCain sticker on the left, you know, for full comedic effect.

AGAW: Agreed.
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

hookster
Posts in topic: 1

Post by hookster »

The strangest thing I have seen so far in this election was a Kia SUV with an Obama/Biden sticker right next to the NRA sticker in the back window. How is that for an uninformed voter!

flynbenny

Post by flynbenny »

I have refrained from placing ANY bumper stickers on my vehicle for the following reasons:
Flashback
Year 2004, Evergreen and Littleton Colorado, October and November
I had two bumper stickers on the back of my large carbon footprint vehicle (Chevy van) supporting the guy who is still our CINC. I worked as a bag boy at the local Albertsons in Evergreen (one of the liberal elite hideouts in CO), and watched on at least two occasions as females (not ladies) pushed shopping carts across the parking lot and rammed them into my vehicle. No cameras, so it'd just be my word against theirs, so I let it go... But the pharmacist had a friend of hers living in Littleton who had her 'W' sticker bearing rear window smashed out and a obscene anti 'W' note tossed inside.
I also had numerous incidents where individuals sped up to pass me, solely for the purpose of flipping me off and screaming obscenities at me...all because of my bumper stickers.

So while I love my 'Who would Al Qaeda vote for?' and my 'Work Hard, Millions on Welfare Depend on You' bumper stickers, I refrain from posting them on my vehicle. Anyway, has a bumper sticker ever changed your mind about a political canidate or any issue?

:patriot:
Glock 19 Gen4 EDC, Glock 42 (golf gun), AR15 14.5" Midlength (nightstand gun), Browning Buckmark (fun gun)

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

flynbenny wrote:I also had numerous incidents where individuals sped up to pass me, solely for the purpose of flipping me off and screaming obscenities at me...all because of my bumper stickers.
<SNIP>
Anyway, has a bumper sticker ever changed your mind about a political canidate or any issue?
Who cares about changing their minds? Change their voting eligibility with a conviction for road rage aggravated assault.

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

ELB reported a case where political expression certainly made someone a target:

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... =9&t=19193" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

Wonder whatever happened to that lawsuit.
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

Mithras61

Post by Mithras61 »

DoubleJ wrote:Wonder whatever happened to that lawsuit.
Still in court. Here's the ruling on motions for summary judgement: http://www.aclufl.org/pdfs/Kilpatrick-SJ.pdf

FightinAggieCHL

Post by FightinAggieCHL »

I saw an Obama sticker at an indoor gun range/store that is right down the street from my school.

I was thinking, 'wait a minute...'
The right to bear arms shall NOT be infringed.

Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

barres

Post by barres »

FightinAggieCHL wrote:I saw an Obama sticker at an indoor gun range/store that is right down the street from my school.

I was thinking, 'wait a minute...'
I saw one at a range too, but it was hard to identify, as it had been shot so many times! :patriot:
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

Return to “Never Again!!”