I got lazy

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
KaleS
Posts in topic: 1

I got lazy

Post by KaleS »

So I go outside to start up my truck and head to work this morning, and then window was shattered. So I open the door to take a look and notice the locked glovebox ripped from the dash. Inside was my truck gun, just a little cheap kel tec 9mm. The also took a my wallet, ipod and garage door opener.

I returend home late lastnight from a hunting trip took my rifles, gear and clothes inside and figured the rest would be ok. I live in a very nice middle class neighborhood. I was so tired I didnt even realize i left my wallet int hetill this morning whe I was running around looking for it. The police came out and to tell me how lucky I was they didnt open the garage and come in. After telling him I had my CHL and my house was an armory, he retracted to say how lucky the thieves were not to enter. Anyway, I am now with out my CHL license and with out my Drivers license and my gun and all my other crap just because I got lazy. Dont let yourself get lazy. I had to call the alarm company this morning and tell them if it goes off come quick.

tboesche

Post by tboesche »

Dude, Sorry for your loss. I usually take the remote in with me but on occasion have forgot it. Usually the next morning I am bangin myself on the head because of it. I have heard that this is a common theft nowadays. The BG's wait until you are gone and then open the garage door and clean you out. even heard of one that used a moving truck and nearly cleaned out a house. Luckily you can disable the grage door opener until yo canget the module changed. Sucks about your truck gun.
"Water's, wet, The sky is blue. And old Satan Claws, He's out there, and he's just getting stronger." Joe Halenbeck
"So what do we do about it?" Jimmie Dix
"Be prepared, Junior, That's my motto, Be Prepared". Joe Halenbeck

Keith B

Re: I got lazy

Post by Keith B »

KaleS wrote:So I go outside to start up my truck and head to work this morning, and then window was shattered. So I open the door to take a look and notice the locked glovebox ripped from the dash. Inside was my truck gun, just a little cheap kel tec 9mm. The also took a my wallet, ipod and garage door opener.

I returend home late lastnight from a hunting trip took my rifles, gear and clothes inside and figured the rest would be ok. I live in a very nice middle class neighborhood. I was so tired I didnt even realize i left my wallet int hetill this morning whe I was running around looking for it. The police came out and to tell me how lucky I was they didnt open the garage and come in. After telling him I had my CHL and my house was an armory, he retracted to say how lucky the thieves were not to enter. Anyway, I am now with out my CHL license and with out my Drivers license and my gun and all my other crap just because I got lazy. Dont let yourself get lazy. I had to call the alarm company this morning and tell them if it goes off come quick.
Sorry to hear you had a smash and grab. Electronics and cash are usually the target. Anything left laying in clear view is an open invitation.

One thing to do is reset your garage door opener to not accept the transmitter they stole. It should be in your manual on how to do it. I use the electronic lock on the opener at night so it disables any transmitter reception. That way if they do get the unit from the car parked outside it will not open for them.

Good luck and hope they find your stuff!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

bullseye10x

Post by bullseye10x »

Sorry to hear about this. I've had two trucks burglarized in the last three years, one of which was stolen. That one had a Glock 36 in the console, which was of course long gone by the time I got the vehicle back. Since then, I've made sure not to keep anything I value in there. Oh, and get an alarm (even if you think it won't happen again), they are a great deterrent for your average crackhead thief

Return to “Never Again!!”