Anyone going to Ft. Worth Gun Show this weekend?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Humanphibian
Posts in topic: 1

Anyone going to Ft. Worth Gun Show this weekend?

Post by Humanphibian »

I'll be out on Sunday. I'll be the guy trying to sell my wife on the idea of a Kimber Tactical II :razz:
http://www.thedecostop.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.texasbeverages.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

____
/ 6 \

killerfly128
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by killerfly128 »

I will be there on Saturday with my buddy. Look for short ... fat ... and red headed

JRG
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JRG »

I'll be there Saturday early afternoon. I've got to go by Camping World also.

JRG

Dougmyers5

Post by Dougmyers5 »

I did not even know there was a gun show this weekend!

This Forum needs a Gun Show Fixed thread so people can post where and when a show is coming.

So where is the show this week end?
2be1-ask1
-----------------
DougMyers
NRA Endowed Life Member
CHL Issued June 2007
Member # 1567
http://www.texasopencarry.com/

killerfly128
Banned

Post by killerfly128 »

Dougmyers5 wrote:I did not even know there was a gun show this weekend!

This Forum needs a Gun Show Fixed thread so people can post where and when a show is coming.

So where is the show this week end?

Will rogers

starrbuck

Post by starrbuck »

Springfield XD(m) 9mm 3.8 | Springfield XD-45 Compact | Springfield XD-9 Service
Kimber Pro CDP II .45 ACP | Kimber Pro Aegis II 9mm w/Crimson Trace | Walther PPS 9mm
Bushmaster AR-15 w/Magpul pistol grip and foregrip, Bushnell holosight

I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop.

propellerhead

Post by propellerhead »

I'll be looking at Keltek P3ATs and magazine carriers.

xrocket

Post by xrocket »

Hi guys, new guy here.

Been shooting .45's for more than 32 years and change cal. this morning at the FWGS. Don't fret, I've done a lot of research before I decided. Got there when they opened, checked out many tables, narrowed my search, tried to make a couple of deals and finally nailed it.

A Sig 229 .40. This is a big change for me. I rented 9's, 40's and a sweet 357 sig. to test the waters. It's called older age .... weaker wrist, shakier hand, bad eyesight and the big Kaboom wears me out quicker. Been a CHL holder since May and it's time to pedal back some. For grins I did go ahead and purchase a 357 sig barrel for when I'm feeling frisky.

Good show. Not an overwhelming number of gun dealers, but the ones that were there seemed to price thing better than the last two or three I've been to.

JRG

Post by JRG »

I got there at noon and literally could not find a place to park. With the dog show, flea market, museums open and whatever else going on down there, the place was flooded with cars. I finally had to park about 4 blocks away where they allow the livestock trailers to do electric and water hookups.

The show itself only had three recognized dealers:Schram's, the Gun Zone, and one other I could not remember. I did not see any really excellent deals.

The rest of the show was full of jerky, jewelry, handmade knives, home shopping club knives, and nazi/civil war rebel memorabilia.

If I hadn't been coming to Ft. Worth already to go to Camping World to get a fifth wheel tailgate, I would have considered the trip a total waste. This may make me swear off gun shows for a while.

Joe

propellerhead

Post by propellerhead »

JRG wrote:The rest of the show was full of jerky, jewelry, handmade knives, home shopping club knives, and nazi/civil war rebel memorabilia.
I hate that too.

Mark G26

Post by Mark G26 »

JRG wrote:I got there at noon and literally could not find a place to park. With the dog show, flea market, museums open and whatever else going on down there, the place was flooded with cars. I finally had to park about 4 blocks away where they allow the livestock trailers to do electric and water hookups.

The show itself only had three recognized dealers:Schram's, the Gun Zone, and one other I could not remember. I did not see any really excellent deals.

The rest of the show was full of jerky, jewelry, handmade knives, home shopping club knives, and nazi/civil war rebel memorabilia.

If I hadn't been coming to Ft. Worth already to go to Camping World to get a fifth wheel tailgate, I would have considered the trip a total waste. This may make me swear off gun shows for a while.

Joe
Is Dallas Market Hall not the best gun show in the DFW area? We went a few weeks ago to the gun show in Mesquite and not much there either
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians

Renegade

Post by Renegade »

Mark G26 wrote:
Is Dallas Market Hall not the best gun show in the DFW area? We went a few weeks ago to the gun show in Mesquite and not much there either
Yes, there are too many promoters and that dilutes the quality of the other shows. I usually only go to MH, but I will go to another show if I need something RIGHT NOW, and know a vendor who sells it will be there. The Ft. Worth shows are a joke. they should pay you to come inside.

craig_o

Post by craig_o »

I have to say I was underwhelmed.

The Dallas Show is AWESOME.

Lots of used guns, lots of Tauri, lots of NASCAR memorabilia. One old prune-eater tried very hard to convince me a Sig 239 in a "used" box wasn't used at all and just happened to be $349.

I won't be going to it next time.
In Texas, we have the death penalty and we use it. In Texas, if you kill somebody we're gonna kill you back.

killerfly128
Banned

Post by killerfly128 »

craig_o wrote:I have to say I was underwhelmed.

The Dallas Show is AWESOME.

Lots of used guns, lots of Tauri, lots of NASCAR memorabilia. One old prune-eater tried very hard to convince me a Sig 239 in a "used" box wasn't used at all and just happened to be $349.

I won't be going to it next time.

if it was a CPO pistol i would have bought it for 349 in a heartbeat and sold the P6 i just bought ... but if it was just used i might have passed

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”