Status of Taurus Curve

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
DonFromTexas
Posts in topic: 9

Status of Taurus Curve

Post by DonFromTexas »

I just received my CHL today, but have been waiting for months to get a Taurus Curve. They were all recalled back around 4 April to have the caliber marked on the barrel. Since then they just seem to have disappeared, Bass Pro still lists them as do several local stores, but all claim they have none. I don't want to wait forever, does anyone have any idea what is up with them?

airborned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Status of Taurus Curve

Post by airborned »

I just held one at the academy in galveston a week or so ago i will try to see if it is still there this weekend

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 3
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

The Taurus website has a specific selection entitled "Curve return".

You may wish to go with a different pistol that is past its teething problems, IMHO.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Topic author
DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

I finally spoke with Taurus yesterday. There was a recall because they failed to print the caliber size on the barrel. That has been resolved, but the demand is simply exceeding the supply from Brazil. I am anxious, if anyone actually sees one with the laser and light someplace, I would appreciate the tip, new or used is OK. I am so anxious, I am considering making a Wally Walk with a toy pistol! :waiting:

Topic author
DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

I spoke with Academy this afternoon, they have a few in several stores, but NONE have the laser sight and light.

BulldogBorders

Post by BulldogBorders »

Saw it on Bass Pros site today. Headed there this evening.
NRA Benefactor Life Member - Join the NRA
http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp ... d=XR019416

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

DonFromTexas wrote:I spoke with Academy this afternoon, they have a few in several stores, but NONE have the laser sight and light.
Didn't know they made it without the laser sight and light. Think Academy guys may not know what they are selling. Knew they were recalled but didn't know about the stamping the barrel as the issue. Curious as to why this particular pistol is your choice.

Topic author
DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

Fair question. I have had several Taurus pistols and loved them, especially my polished stainless "Judge" pocket shotgun. I was impressed by the flashlight and laser mostly. In many instances you would want it at night, and seeing who you are confronting seems smart, and the laser to point it is a big plus when shooting from the hip. I realize I can add a laser light, I have done it on my Taurus Judge for instance, but am unaware of any I can add a light to. OK, I am also a 20 year US Army retired officer, and it sure would have been cool to have such a gun in the Vietnam jungle at night :biggrinjester:

Topic author
DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

rotor wrote:
DonFromTexas wrote:I spoke with Academy this afternoon, they have a few in several stores, but NONE have the laser sight and light.
Didn't know they made it without the laser sight and light. Think Academy guys may not know what they are selling. Knew they were recalled but didn't know about the stamping the barrel as the issue. Curious as to why this particular pistol is your choice.
The no laser or light models are everywhere it seems, apparently a first run gun. In fact while on the phone with Academy, they realized when checking at a distant store, that their SKU on the web site is for a NON laser/light model although in the Q&A they state differently, an error they are trying to correct. I would have no desire to have one without the laser/light.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

After looking at the pictures of one, I am not sure why one would want a Taurus Curve. It appears Glock has new competition for ugliest gun.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

DonFromTexas wrote:
rotor wrote:
The no laser or light models are everywhere it seems, apparently a first run gun. In fact while on the phone with Academy, they realized when checking at a distant store, that their SKU on the web site is for a NON laser/light model although in the Q&A they state differently, an error they are trying to correct. I would have no desire to have one without the laser/light.
I checked the Taurus website and could not find any reference to a Curve without the light and laser but gunbroker does have them listed. Everything I had read about The Curve discussed the light-laser combo. I stand corrected.

Topic author
DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

Right2Carry wrote:After looking at the pictures of one, I am not sure why one would want a Taurus Curve. It appears Glock has new competition for ugliest gun.
You got that right, it is definitely Butt Ugly! The laser/light overcomes that for me though, and that is a good reason to KEEP it concealed. I could imagine a bad guy breaking out in laughter when you pulled it out, thinking it HAD to be a toy.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 3
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Riddle me this, Batman: Would you like to point your Taurus Curve at a bad guy
and have him break out laughing, since he thinks you are pointing your
dog's retractable leash device at him?

Everyone has different tastes, but if you really like the laser/light gear,
many pistols in 9MM/.40/.45 have Picatinny rails on which you could mount
a light/laser combination.

That way you could get a pistol that looks like a pistol, in a better defensive
caliber than .380, with the desired light/laser.

As far as the light on ANY weapon goes, just think that if you are using the light
you may be "sweeping" innocents with your gun. Food for thought, my friend.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Topic author
DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

[quote=
As far as the light on ANY weapon goes, just think that if you are using the light
you may be "sweeping" innocents with your gun. Food for thought, my friend.
SIA[/quote]
Sorry, I am a little slow I guess, but for the life of me I cannot comprehend what your point is.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”