My new smoke wagon

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
age_ranger
Posts in topic: 3

My new smoke wagon

Post by age_ranger »

Well, this is my first privately owned .45acp. I've never been a fan of the .45 until now. Now, after realizing my mistake, I can honestly say I love my new .45!!! This one has a little history to it and while I did take it out and shoot it, i'm not sure it'll be a carry gun yet. It's a limited edition Beretta Cougar Cat Pac. Came with a fancy case, grips and pin. I was also (by sheer luck) able to pick up a rare LAPD long barrel for it. This combo makes it the rarest of the Cougars and it's an absolute dream at the range. My first group at 7yds could be covered with a quarter. Recoil was exceptional and the trigger was out of this world!! Without further delay, here's my first .45..........
http://www.berettaforum.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just remember: Your very best thinking got you where you are now!!!

Cosmo 9
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Cosmo 9 »

Nice, very nice!
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

Ag87

Post by Ag87 »

That is a good looking friend you have there. :grin:

9mmGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 9mmGuy »

she's perdee...
Luck favors the Prepared
G19c, G26, KT P11, Mossberg Mav 88, 10/22

Tote 9

Post by Tote 9 »

:lol: Aaah, 45acp my kind of gun. Good looking gun, you may want to
carry this one.
Don't Lose Your Head , Your Brains Are In It !!
At my age the only thing thats getting better is my FORGETTER.

Topic author
age_ranger

Post by age_ranger »

Tote 9 wrote::lol: Aaah, 45acp my kind of gun. Good looking gun, you may want to
carry this one.
I have been mulling it over but the rarity of such a piece keeps me at bay. I've considered picking up another for carry but it would have to be a decock only model. I'm not a huge "safety" guy.

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Very nice gun. Thanks for posting.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Topic author
age_ranger

Post by age_ranger »

you betcha........problem is that more I handle it, the more I want to carry it!!!! Never been a .45 guy until now. Only problem is I don't want to be deaf if I have to shoot it for defense. Last time I shot a .45 without muffs (to see what the noise level would be like in a defensive scenario....) my ears rang for about 4-5 minutes!

progun47

Post by progun47 »

age_ranger wrote:you betcha........problem is that more I handle it, the more I want to carry it!!!! Never been a .45 guy until now. Only problem is I don't want to be deaf if I have to shoot it for defense. Last time I shot a .45 without muffs (to see what the noise level would be like in a defensive scenario....) my ears rang for about 4-5 minutes!
Dont worry about that, if you ever have to shoot to save your life, you will never hear the weapon go off. It's like hunting, when you drop a deer, you dont even remember the report, you are so concerned with if you hit him, your mind doesnt register the sound.
"People cannot be effectually oppressed and enslaved, who are not FIRST DISARMED" Texas Supreme Court 1859 (Cockrum vs State)

"Son, you will die with the hammer down on that weapon." Jeff Cooper, Gunsite ranch 6/18/84

casselthief
Banned

Post by casselthief »

I can attest to that sentiment as well.
The only time I've been involved in a "situation" I don't remember the pistol going off as well. and THAT was in an apartment living room!
you can imagine that report just a bouncin' off the walls!!
I remember my ears compressing, and the sound of the shot, but I don't remember thinking HOLY COW THAT WAS LOUD!
To be quite honest, I remember quite distinctly thinking, oh, that wasn't that loud, must not be a real gun! and, foolishly :oops: , What're these guys doing trying to rob us with a CAP gun?!?!?!?!
:lol:

to bring this full circle, everytime I fire my .357, I think to myself, I REALLY hope no one makes me have to use this hand cannon, cause I'd probably never be able to fully appreciate the subtleties of Metallica's finest ever again :cry:

anyway, I digress....

9mmGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 9mmGuy »

Plus if you do have to use it, you will prob be out side and firearms arent nearly as loud sounding out doors than inside. besides that would be that LAST thing i would be worried about on an attemp on my life!
Luck favors the Prepared
G19c, G26, KT P11, Mossberg Mav 88, 10/22

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”