Topic author
JJVP
Posts in topic: 1

FPSRussia - THE MINIGUN

Post by JJVP »

Check out this video on YouTube:

[youtube][/youtube]
:fire
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

terryg

Re: FPSRussia - THE MINIGUN

Post by terryg »

We make good team!!

[youtube][/youtube]
... this space intentionally left blank ...

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

That idiot just burned up my 10 year budget of .308 ammo. What a waste. A glorious waste, but a waste.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

TAM, Ive seen those mini's in action in Afghanistan when we would do night drops from H-60's in ... questionable LZ's. They are nasty, nasty weapons. If you really want a fantastic show, shoot tracers mixed in. It looks like a laser beam.... amazing. I can tell you with absolute certainty, they absolutely HORRIFY the BG's. Too many rounds, too much firepower.
No More Signature

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

snatchel wrote:TAM, Ive seen those mini's in action in Afghanistan when we would do night drops from H-60's in ... questionable LZ's. They are nasty, nasty weapons. If you really want a fantastic show, shoot tracers mixed in. It looks like a laser beam.... amazing. I can tell you with absolute certainty, they absolutely HORRIFY the BG's. Too many rounds, too much firepower.
Oh, I want one. I'd mount it in a turret on the top of my SUV. But it'll be just for show, 'cause I surely don't have enough money to feed that beast.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

karl

Post by karl »

terryg wrote:We make good team!!
Sasha!
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

The Mad Moderate

Post by The Mad Moderate »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
snatchel wrote:TAM, Ive seen those mini's in action in Afghanistan when we would do night drops from H-60's in ... questionable LZ's. They are nasty, nasty weapons. If you really want a fantastic show, shoot tracers mixed in. It looks like a laser beam.... amazing. I can tell you with absolute certainty, they absolutely HORRIFY the BG's. Too many rounds, too much firepower.
Oh, I want one. I'd mount it in a turret on the top of my SUV. But it'll be just for show, 'cause I surely don't have enough money to feed that beast.
Imagine the time saved on a commute. If you see a H2 with a mini gun mounted to the top I think one would be inclined to get out of the way.

My favorite part of the video was hearing a Russian say "thats that the "heck" I am talking about!" :fire
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

Haha. That russian dude did crack me up as well. As far as mounting on top of the SUV... yeah, I like that. I was actually thinking it would be better used to thin out the wild pig problem we are having here in TX :)
No More Signature

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Kind of questionable language for a direct post on here.

It certainly puts an impressive amount of metal downrange fast, but that does not equate to firepower. True firepower is a function of rounds on target, as an example: if you light that thing up and spray for a while as you train it to get on target, and one sniper downrange, even in the beaten area, uses your huge muzzle flash to put a single .308 (or something even more effective) through your cranial vault, guess who had more firepower. Suitable for blanket coverage of questionable LZs as mentioned above, but a total waste of ammo at almost any other tactical level.

It also bothered me to see all those rounds fired at the water like that. Bullets skip, I have skipped a five inch projectile (not really on purpose) on the ocean, but we knew the range was clear for miles beyond, and at the angle he was firing, I have no doubt that hundreds of those rounds exited above those treetops in the distance.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

helicopterpilotdoug

Post by helicopterpilotdoug »

A long time ago, in a land far, far away, the Red Platoon guys needed to do some test flights on a Cobra. They loaded up solid tracers in 4 miniguns, two in the turret, and one on each wing mount. They disabled the interrupt switch so all 4 could be fired at once. It was a night flight, and everyone gathered around to watched the show. And what a show it was. We would see 2 red streams coming straight out from the Cobra, with 2 more streams moving around from the turret like red glowing snakes. It was a beautiful sight!

If I remember rightly, there was a time limit on firing the minigun. Maybe 10 seconds per burst. It's not good when the barrels get to glowing like that! :nono:

thelurker

Post by thelurker »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

TAM,
It looks like I've found your next weapon!!!

[youtube][/youtube]

The first response to this video is hilarious!!! :rolll
TSRA Life Member/NRA Endowment Member/Veteran

thelurker

Post by thelurker »

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:If I remember rightly, there was a time limit on firing the minigun. Maybe 10 seconds per burst. It's not good when the barrels get to glowing like that! :nono:
When we were decommissioning my last command, USS Tripoli LPH-10, we as Gunner's Mates were allowed to "dispose" of all of our ammo. The Navy decided not to send us up the coast to offload, so we went out to sea and fired I don't know how many tens of thousands of rounds of Browning .50, 7.62 for the M-60's and M-14's, 25mm chain guns with HEI, 20mm CIWS (FC's, not us), .45acp and anything else we had. That day was more fun than I've ever, and I mean ever had!

I remember being on the fantail and sending so many rounds out of the Browning that when we finally stopped, unscrewed the barrel and rolled it across the deck, it looked like a warped pool cue!!! Had never seen that before. We would take all the tracer rounds from the M-60 ammo and put them in an M-14 mag and shoot em into the ocean on full auto. Pretty cool to see...even in the daytime.

Also, when we'd have those guys with the funny haircuts on board, they'd let me shoot their toys, so I got to qualify on the M-16 A2, 92fs and the Barrett .50. The Barrett was simply awesome, and more manageable than I imagined.
TSRA Life Member/NRA Endowment Member/Veteran

KinnyLee

Post by KinnyLee »

thelurker wrote:
TAM,
It looks like I've found your next weapon!!!

[youtube][/youtube]

The first response to this video is hilarious!!! :rolll

Hope they have a brass catcher option with that thing. :shock:

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

KinnyLee wrote: Hope they have a brass catcher option with that thing. :shock:
Kinny, what we didn't see were the windshield wipers running on an amped-up motor, flingin' brass all over the place so the driver could see the road. :smilelol5:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

TexasVet

Post by TexasVet »

My favorite part of the video was hearing a Russian say "thats that the "heck" I am talking about!" :fire[/quote]

He's only play Russian..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FPSRussia

He lives in Georgia.. USA.. not the former USSR

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”