Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
teraph
Posts in topic: 2

Ranges in San Antonio

Post by teraph »

Hey all,
I am going to be spending the next couple of months in San Antonio. Any good ranges/gun shops here?
This We'll Defend

TxSheepdog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ranges in San Antonio

Post by TxSheepdog »

Blackhawk near the 90 and 1604 is pretty good. Pretty safe range and lots of lanes.

Dury's Gun shop is so far my favorite. Very professional, nice selection. Little more expensive, but you get what you pay for. There's a few shops near me that I wont shop at.. :roll:
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Soldiernurse
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Soldiernurse »

TxSheepdog; Have you been to Cedar Ridge, outdoor range, or Texas Thunder Indoor Range?
USMC/ArmyRet w/TX CHL, Member of/NAGR, NRA, TSRA, USCCA, TCHA; CA .40 Pitbull Revolver, XD40sc, PPQ40, SA 1911 EMP9, Glock19 GenIV TrueGlo TFO Sites, BP9cc, PF9, T/C .308 VP & Mossberg500 JIC Cruiser w/ATI Talon Tactical 6-Pos Stock

68Charger
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 68Charger »

I go to the Bullet Hole off of 90 over here. The range is a at a great price (9.50) and that's all you pay. Bring as much ammo and weapons as you want. Gun selection, not so much. I second for Dury's, and I also like Nagel's on San Pedro, too.

Enjoy your time here :fire
We don't need no stinking badges!

Soldiernurse

Post by Soldiernurse »

68Charger; THX for info!
:cheers2:
USMC/ArmyRet w/TX CHL, Member of/NAGR, NRA, TSRA, USCCA, TCHA; CA .40 Pitbull Revolver, XD40sc, PPQ40, SA 1911 EMP9, Glock19 GenIV TrueGlo TFO Sites, BP9cc, PF9, T/C .308 VP & Mossberg500 JIC Cruiser w/ATI Talon Tactical 6-Pos Stock

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

68Charger wrote:I go to the Bullet Hole off of 90 over here. The range is a at a great price (9.50) and that's all you pay. Bring as much ammo and weapons as you want. Gun selection, not so much. I second for Dury's, and I also like Nagel's on San Pedro, too.

Enjoy your time here :fire
IMO, Nagels and Drurys are great to window shop. They are overpriced...

I also agree about the bullet hole. Do yourself a favor though, and get a bay. I'm not comfortable on the firing line when there are a lot of people out there.

If you are shooting a pistol only, go to Bass Pro...it's got AC. :lol:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

68Charger

Post by 68Charger »

Of course to window shop! I haven't bought a gun at a gun store. They're too overpriced. Everywhere. I usually get all my guns at Saxet and other gun shows here in San Antonio. I get them for WAY cheaper, and haven't had one problem with doing so. Ever.

Here's to hoping that it doesn't break the cycle. :cheers2:

Soldiernurse

Post by Soldiernurse »

pbwalker; AC sounds good... been to Texas Thunder Indoor Range? Not me but curious.

68Charger

Post by 68Charger »

Don't ever go to Texas Thunder. You have to buy their ammo and their service is ridiculously rude. I live RIGHT across the street from them. I can throw a stone and hit that place. Their ammo prices are OUTRAGEOUS and so are their selection of pistols. I mean, a G.I. Springer (fixed sights, etc.) sells for 900+. Come on now. I've seen a guy and his wife go in there and pay for their range. He had a revolver, and he bought a box of 50 (38spl) and both their admission fees came out to 100. Ridiculous.

Do your self a favor and avoid that place like the plague.

Oh, and I agree with the renting a bay at the Bullet Hole. Sometimes there are no range master's there and people can be complete idiots when they handle their weapons.

Soldiernurse

Post by Soldiernurse »

68Charger; exactly what I wanted to know, thx!

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

68Charger wrote:Don't ever go to Texas Thunder. You have to buy their ammo and their service is ridiculously rude. I live RIGHT across the street from them. I can throw a stone and hit that place. Their ammo prices are OUTRAGEOUS and so are their selection of pistols. I mean, a G.I. Springer (fixed sights, etc.) sells for 900+. Come on now. I've seen a guy and his wife go in there and pay for their range. He had a revolver, and he bought a box of 50 (38spl) and both their admission fees came out to 100. Ridiculous.

Do your self a favor and avoid that place like the plague.

Oh, and I agree with the renting a bay at the Bullet Hole. Sometimes there are no range master's there and people can be complete idiots when they handle their weapons.
:iagree:

I'm about 2 or 3 miles from here, and it would be nice to shoot there, but rude and overpriced is the name of the game with Jerry and his shop / range.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Topic author
teraph

Post by teraph »

thanks everbody for the help, went to bullethole today and thoroghly enjoyed the service and the option to rent :mrgreen:
This We'll Defend

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”