SR1911 initial short report

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Sidro
Posts in topic: 3

SR1911 initial short report

Post by Sidro »

Short report with no pictures just facts. Trigger is very good, sights are very good for 60 year old eyes and 150 rounds no problems of any kind. Shot 230 gr fmj and powerball ducth loaded in mag with no problems. Installed Pearce finger groove inserts after 50 rds or so and just helped to tighten up group.

No gauge for trigger but my guess would be about 4.5 lbs, crisp break and no over travel. Very good pull with no gritty feeling or catch and release feeling to it. Pretty short trigger pull.

Novak rear sight that is very good for old eyes, full blade on front sight for me shot about 5 inches high at 20 yards, did not have to move rear sight for left or right as for both of us shooting were either high or low with no left or right hits other than those called.

Don't know who makes the mags but 7 and 8 rd both worked flawlessly. Also very comfortable to shoot this pistol one handed. Empties eject over the point of your shoulder just about head high.

Price was right at $600 so for all you people looking for your first 1911 here it is.

AndyC I hope this is enough info for you right now but i will tell you that out of my Kimbers, Colts and Paras this thing may kick all of them. This one went to my friend and as how we ordered two and only one came in, I let him have the first because he did not have a .45 at this time. Yeah I just can't wait for mine now.

Ruger has made one very fine 1911.

A-R
Posts in topic: 8

Re: SR1911 initial short report

Post by A-R »

Sidro, thank you so much for posting this early review. Can't wait to read more. :tiphat:

This gun is quickly moving to the top of my wish list.

hooknbullet
Posts in topic: 4

Post by hooknbullet »

I just missed mine...walked in the shop at lunchtime, just a fishing expedition, 1st time in the place...the guy next to me at the counter was handling a pistol & I caught a glimpse of the Ruger logo...I didn't expect to see one, but it was love at first sight...shop owner said he'd had it for an hour...the guy didn't want to put it down & unfortunately, it was the only SR in the shop...I'm on the waiting list at 2 places now...the search continues
Always Remember:
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.
(I don't know who deserves credit for this quote, but I like it.)

shipwreck
Posts in topic: 1

Post by shipwreck »

Yes, thanks for the review :coolgleamA:

Topic author
Sidro
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Sidro »

AndyC thanks for the info on the mags. Have never dealt with Checkmate mags before and if that is what they are they work great. Checkmate website does not disclose who they build mags for. Have a Fusion 1911 in 357sig coming in and may buy some Checkmates for it.

hooknbullet
Posts in topic: 4

Post by hooknbullet »

WOOHOOOO!! My SR1911 finally arrived...just brought her home tonight. ready to hit the range! She's a real beauty!$589.95+tax :txflag:
Always Remember:
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.
(I don't know who deserves credit for this quote, but I like it.)

Kimber_Fan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kimber_Fan »

Does anyone have a link to a pic of this gun? I'v e looked online and pull up a bunch of picks but they seem to be a mixed bag of manufactuers.

Kimber_fan

LJM

Post by LJM »

http://ruger.com/products/sr1911/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:drool:
5/27/10 PLASTIC
Ruger SR40c

A-R

Post by A-R »

I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison between this SR1911 and an STI Spartan. American made/Arizona assembled vs. foreign-made/Texas assembled .... my allegiances are being torn

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

:yawn Wake me up when they offer one with an ambi-safety.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Vecco

Post by Vecco »

hooknbullet wrote:WOOHOOOO!! My SR1911 finally arrived...just brought her home tonight. ready to hit the range! She's a real beauty!$589.95+tax :txflag:
Where did you get that price if I my ask :clapping:

BrianSW99

Post by BrianSW99 »

Vecco wrote:
hooknbullet wrote:WOOHOOOO!! My SR1911 finally arrived...just brought her home tonight. ready to hit the range! She's a real beauty!$589.95+tax :txflag:
Here's one place selling for $575 + tax, but currently out of stock:

http://grabagun.com/ruger-sr1911-45acp- ... -1-fs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A-R

Post by A-R »

Vecco wrote:
I'm told GT Distributors in Austin will have them for $569.95 when they arrive.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”