Need some info on this .22LR think its a glenfield 75.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Mage218
Posts in topic: 3

Need some info on this .22LR think its a glenfield 75.

Post by Mage218 »

My uncle has this 22 Rifle with a wooden stock but the past owner stained the stock, and it sealed over some of the model information and I need to get a new magazine tube for it.

From what I can make out it appears to be a Glenfield 75 as I can make out the Marlin, Glenfield, 75, and 22LR only. I ran a google search on it and found that you can use some of the Marlin mod 60 parts on the Glenfield 75 but I wanted to make certain before I order anything. Anyone know anything about this? I also read where a guy said he converted his Glen75 to a magazine fed using marlin parts, this would def be something im interested in if I can do it for around the same price range of the magazine tube($27 on midwayusa for the mod 60 tube).

uthornsfan
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Need some info on this .22LR think its a glenfield 75.

Post by uthornsfan »

I have a Glenfield Mod 75c

Do you have any pictures of it? I had to order a new buffer tube and I used one directly from a Mod 60 I believe.

Topic author
Mage218

Post by Mage218 »

uthornsfan wrote:Do you have any pictures of it?
Not at the moment. After messing with it a bit, the action has a gummy feel to it and I wonder if the last owner got some stain in it or if its just lack of oil. I think Ill take it to a gunsmith to get it looked over and cleaned before firing it since I dont know a lot about it.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Mage218 wrote:My uncle has this 22 Rifle with a wooden stock but the past owner stained the stock, and it sealed over some of the model information and I need to get a new magazine tube for it.

From what I can make out it appears to be a Glenfield 75 as I can make out the Marlin, Glenfield, 75, and 22LR only. I ran a google search on it and found that you can use some of the Marlin mod 60 parts on the Glenfield 75 but I wanted to make certain before I order anything. Anyone know anything about this? I also read where a guy said he converted his Glen75 to a magazine fed using marlin parts, this would def be something im interested in if I can do it for around the same price range of the magazine tube($27 on midwayusa for the mod 60 tube).
The Marlin Glenfield tube fed semi-autos had several model designations. Unless there's some sentimental attachment you would probably be better off buying a used Glenfield Model 70 which is the clip (magazine) fed version. Gun Broker listings are a $80-100. BTW I believe the clip style magazine holds only 7 rounds.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

It is pretty easy to take apart and clean if you are comfortable with cleaning guns.

I broke mine down and snapped these photos for you! Hope they help. Once you remove the screws holding the upper/lower together becareful not to seperate the side plates.

This should give you plenty of access to soak/scrub (I used a old toothbrush) I also had to pick shavings out of the chamber area when I received mine.

Matt

Topic author
Mage218

Post by Mage218 »

Thanks for the replies. There is no attachment to the gun, so ill just get a mag tube for it. However, I cannot find out the actual size of the tube I need and there are a few different sizes on midway. I thought about putting a wire or dowel down the tube on the rifle and measuring how far it goes in, would this work?

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Mage218 wrote:Thanks for the replies. There is no attachment to the gun, so ill just get a mag tube for it. However, I cannot find out the actual size of the tube I need and there are a few different sizes on midway. I thought about putting a wire or dowel down the tube on the rifle and measuring how far it goes in, would this work?
I would think that would be close.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”