Printing on jeans back pocket

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Shockvalue
Posts in topic: 4

Printing on jeans back pocket

Post by Shockvalue »

I'm new to CHL and still trying to get adjusted to carrying. My primary is a G23 with a Crossbreed Supertuck. It's super comfortable but I'm having an issue with jeans.

I'm carrying at about 4:00 I guess with a slight forward cant (one hole on the Supertuck). This is by far the most comfortable position but the end of the barrel hits right at the top corner of my jeans back pocket and makes it turn downward. It's probably only obvious to me, but I don't want to alarm anyone. ;-)

Anyone else have this issue?

Teamless
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Printing on jeans back pocket

Post by Teamless »

It is highly doubtful anyone would notice, and even if they did, it is even more doubtful they would discern it to be a gun.
I wouldn't worry
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Shockvalue wrote:I'm new to CHL and still trying to get adjusted to carrying. My primary is a G23 with a Crossbreed Supertuck. It's super comfortable but I'm having an issue with jeans.

I'm carrying at about 4:00 I guess with a slight forward cant (one hole on the Supertuck). This is by far the most comfortable position but the end of the barrel hits right at the top corner of my jeans back pocket and makes it turn downward. It's probably only obvious to me, but I don't want to alarm anyone. ;-)

Anyone else have this issue?
I did when I carried farther back, clunked on the wooden church pew

I downsized Glocks for shorter slide length, but still use longer mags with spacers and changed to extended barrel, so it's basically the same grip/capacity/barrel but shorter slide which is the fat part in the pocket.

The other thing I did was moved to 3:00

I did all this for noise reduction and comfort.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Topic author
Shockvalue

Post by Shockvalue »

MasterOfNone

Post by MasterOfNone »

Doesn't look like a gun. Maybe a tumor.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

MasterOfNone wrote:Doesn't look like a gun. Maybe a tumor.
It's not a tumor. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

speedsix
Posts in topic: 5

Post by speedsix »

...won't get nearly as much attention as some printing I saw on a jeans pocket once..."Look but don't TOUCH"...

tacticool
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tacticool »

speedsix wrote:...won't get nearly as much attention as some printing I saw on a jeans pocket once..."Look but don't TOUCH"...
Don't get me started on the stuff printed on sweat pants these days. :roll:
When in doubt
Vote them out!

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

Your good to go. Even if someone thought is was a gun, they wouldn't call you on it.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

WildBill wrote:It's not a tumor. :mrgreen:
nice Arnold - Kindergarten Cop impersonation (or at least thats how I "heard" it when I read it LOL)
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

I'm amazed at how easy it is to conceal. People won't notice it until you basically pull it out and point it at them. (NO, I have not verified this, but it appears to be true).

Even today, I was wearing an OWB holster with my G32 in it. I stopped at a gas station, and filled my tires with air. While bending over to remove the air caps, my shirt was blown by the wind. I didn't notice for a few seconds, but it blew up over my gun.
There was a lady right next to me filling with gas, and basically looking right at me. She didn't even notice. There was zero reaction on her face. I'm convinced, had she noticed the actual gun, she would have at least made some sort of reaction. I pulled my shirt back down and went about my business. I even said hello to her just in case she had seen it, and I wanted to see how she responded. She just smiled and returned the greeting normally.

I never worry about "printing" anymore. I barely worry about it showing at all when it's OWB.
I often wear it in a tuckable Comptac Minotaur with dress pants and a tucked in dress shirt. I'm a slim 175 - 180 lbs/6' tall. I can carry a G32/19 all day with no issues. It's made my G26, which I originally bought for that type of carry, a safe queen.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Teamless wrote:
WildBill wrote:It's not a tumor. :mrgreen:
nice Arnold - Kindergarten Cop impersonation (or at least thats how I "heard" it when I read it LOL)
:iagree: You got it. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

jframe.38

Post by jframe.38 »

What kind of holster are you using.

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

I wouldn't sweat that. Not many people would notice it, and if they did, you could tell them it's an insulin pump, a heart monitor, or if you have a moment of pique, a colostomy bag.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

esxmarkc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by esxmarkc »

Slightly less cant on the gun/holster setup and the barrel will be inside the pocket just on top of your wallet and it WILL vanish.

I carry the exact same gun in exactly the same fashion but with slightly less cant.

Even as it is now not a soul on this planet will ever notice.

Yesterday, once again I was reminded on just how oblivious everyone is. On the way out the door dressed almost exactly as you (except I'm an untucked shirt slob) my wife hugs me and says "Oh.. your wearing your gun today... I didn't even notice it."

I wear this thing EVERY day and she only notices it when she bumps into it.

AND by the way... If that is what YOU call printing then I'd bet you call a velvet Elvis portrait a masterpiece :cool:

AND let me add that your wife buys your jeans. No MAN alive goes shopping for Ralph Lauren designer pants! :lol:

Just messing with ya!!
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”