Opinions on SIG CPO

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
SIGnificant
Posts in topic: 3

Opinions on SIG CPO

Post by SIGnificant »

As the title states, what are the opinions of the SIG cpos? Do they go through rigorous testing before being deemed OK? Where are some good places to find cpo SIGS?
SIG P226
SIG P226 25th Anniversary Commemorative
SIG P229R

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Opinions on SIG CPO

Post by G.A. Heath »

I have no problem with the Certified Pre-Owned guns, best part is they have a lower price point. My understanding is that CPO guns are stripped, inspected, refurbished, and repaired as needed then they are reassembled and tested along with that they come with a full warranty. Another option is to buy a used Sig and send it in for the "Sig Service Plan" at a cost of $140.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

68Charger
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 68Charger »

What is the turn around time for those Sig service plans. From what I read on their site, they say that they will fully inspect your pistol, clean it, change any parts needed, and will install night sights as well.

How do you go about sending it?

Thanks in advance, fellas. :tiphat:
We don't need no stinking badges!

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G.A. Heath »

The turn around time varies depending on how much of a work load they have, but everyone says its pretty quick. The best way to get things started is to call the Customer Service people (603-772-2302) and go from there. I have never used the service by my friends who are Sig fanboys say that the service is better than the gun itself. I have a P226 I got at a real good price that may go back to them for the SSP treatment and/or an E2 conversion, I have to decide what this gun's future is first.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Topic author
SIGnificant

Post by SIGnificant »

This sounds better than buying a brand new one. Ive seen some cheap used SIGs at the gun shows, but Ive been afraid of buying them. Id probably buy some used and send them straight to SIG for the service plan.
SIG P226
SIG P229R

toreroalum
Posts in topic: 1

Post by toreroalum »

I purchased a SIG CPO P226 9mm 5 years ago from authorized SIG CPO dealer. It was a police trade-in, originally manufactured in 1994. I think I paid about $600 for it. The finish is not perfect, but very good considering it's age. I couldnt be happier with the gun and it's performace/functionality.

Topic author
SIGnificant

Post by SIGnificant »

toreroalum wrote:I purchased a SIG CPO P226 9mm 5 years ago from authorized SIG CPO dealer. It was a police trade-in, originally manufactured in 1994. I think I paid about $600 for it. The finish is not perfect, but very good considering it's age. I couldnt be happier with the gun and it's performace/functionality.
Cosmetic defects aren't my concern. If it was, I wouldn't be looking into a used/CPO SIG. I think a used SIG would suffice for a range pistol.
SIG P226
SIG P229R

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”