CZ 75 What Do You Think ???

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Bowed_Up_Onaspeck
Posts in topic: 5

CZ 75 What Do You Think ???

Post by Bowed_Up_Onaspeck »

Considering adding a CZ75 BD to the collection ..... any thoughts pro or con ????
Nevada CFP
Applied 04/23/10
Plastic 06/22/10
Utah CFP
Applied 04/28/10
Plastis 06/26/10
Texas CHL
Mailed 05/11/10
Plastic 07/06/10
9mm
  • Kahr PM9
    Sig 239
    Glock 34

BobCat
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CZ 75 What Do You Think ???

Post by BobCat »

Accurate, durable, reliable, simple, and cheap at the time I bought mine. It is my daily carry.

The only "weak point" that most people talk about is the slide stop. On some pistols, the slide stop has been known to crack after several thousand rounds. My first one took about 15k, I bought a new one (about $35) and that lasted between 5 and 6 k rounds. I called CZ to complain and they sent me one; after I put it in I bought two - one for a spare and one to carry installed in the pistol. For range shooting I put the "free" one in so it gets all the wear.

Sorry to dwell on the negative. I really like the pistol, it fits my hand and shoots very well. I have the traditional DA/SA model, with the regular safety lever. It can be carried condition 1 if desired, or safely in condition 2 - then first shot is DA, all subsequent are SA. The decocker model - 75BD - does not allow for condition 1 carry - DA first shot, only.

I think you will like it very much.
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

Piney

Post by Piney »

My wife's had her compact model for 4-5 yrs now. She likes the way it fits her hand. She tried a number of models and decided this one fit best. Her only complaint is the DA pull is dificult for her. She's dead on shooting it in SA mode.

It does perfer a good cleaning. Once a few hundred rounds are through it, it needs a cleaning to prevent misfeeds.

I've shot it some. I like it OK for a compact size.

bnc

Post by bnc »

I have the SP-01 Tactical, which does have a decocker. I can't find much to complain about, and for some weird reason I'm actually a bit more accurate with my first shot in DA mode then with the followers in SA. It is a soft shooter too, great for a lot of range duty. Word has it that the .22lr kit for it is the best .22 conversion going as well. They also have a reputation for liking hotter loads more than the cheap ammo, it was basically made for +p. I'm quite happy with mine.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

My first thought is "eh it's all right."

I wouldn't use it in a "work" environment but it would be a neat little gun with some decent reviews to take the range once in a while and expand a collection.

I say go for it.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

My 1984 CZ75 PreB has more then 20,000 rounds though it. My CZ75 PCR has just over 8,000 rounds. Never, not one FTF, FTE. No broken parts. The Pre b got a new spring about 9 years ago, and the mags got new springs last month. I have not had to do anything to the PCR but feed it and clean it.

If your interested in more CZ information, check out http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; One of my other hang outs.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

williamkevin

Post by williamkevin »

I've got the75D PCR Compact. It is my daily carry gun. I love the ergonomics, and for me it just points good. Comfortable shooting as well. I even shot it in competition for a bit. I've only got about 1600 rounds through it, but have not had any gun related malfunctions.

Topic author
Bowed_Up_Onaspeck

AndyC wrote:It's a legendary pistol - but the DA length-of-pull is pretty long, so be aware of that.
I was thinking of using it in a backup roll .... winter carry and competetion.

Any gunsmiths in Houston or Austin area who are known for their work on CZ's (trigger jobs, springs)????
Nevada CFP
Applied 04/23/10
Plastic 06/22/10
Utah CFP
Applied 04/28/10
Plastis 06/26/10
Texas CHL
Mailed 05/11/10
Plastic 07/06/10
9mm
  • Kahr PM9
    Sig 239
    Glock 34

edmart001

Post by edmart001 »

williamkevin wrote:I've got the75D PCR Compact. It is my daily carry gun. I love the ergonomics, and for me it just points good. Comfortable shooting as well. I even shot it in competition for a bit.
+1 for the 75D PCR Compact & daily carry. Had mine for a couple of years now. Never had a problem with it and it's much more accurate than I am.

Mastodon
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mastodon »

CZ-75B was my first handgun to ever own. Had that one for many years and love it to this day. Still the full-size I reach for first. No problems. Nothing has broken. I take care of it and it takes care of me. Like an old friend.
My primary carry is a CZ RAMI 2075 BD.

Classic firearm, that 75. You'll love it.
Yes, I am biased.

:cheers2:
Chartered By The Republic of Texas in 1845

NRA
TSRA

Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
Bowed_Up_Onaspeck

Mucho THANKS for all of your thoughts & experiences. :tiphat:

You have help confirm what I was thinking and the direction I was leaning toward.

Trigger issues exist for most handguns that are going to be used in IDPA,
thats why we have gunsmiths and aftermarket parts.

Since I'm not married any more I can't think of a single reason not to move forward with this. :biggrinjester:
Nevada CFP
Applied 04/23/10
Plastic 06/22/10
Utah CFP
Applied 04/28/10
Plastis 06/26/10
Texas CHL
Mailed 05/11/10
Plastic 07/06/10
9mm
  • Kahr PM9
    Sig 239
    Glock 34

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I have a CZ 75 P01 and a P06 model in 9mm and 40. The P06 is my main carry gun. IMO, it hits a good balance in weight and size. I like my Sig P229 also, but it is heavier and a little bigger. Both have been 100% reliable for me so far.

llanite

Post by llanite »

75-B was my first pistol - I thought I was getting a lot of gun for my money at the time, and I have to admit I was right (it happens once in awhile, no matter what Mrs. Llanite thinks). It's still my favorite range gun, and can hit a 4 inch target at 25 yards.

Since then I also bought a P-06 (decocker and night sights) and am planning to use it as a carry pistol.

I like the decocker a little better than the safety.

The double action anyone can get used to if they practice with it. It also smooths out a lot with use.

Can't tell where you are from your profile, but if you're in Houston and want to try one out PM me-

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”