Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

TexasCHLforum Day at PSC? - RSVP

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

We are rapidly approaching the TexasCHLforum Day at PSC on Sept. 30th. We are down to planning the specific activities and I need your input.

What we can do will depend largely on the number of people who are coming. This will determine the number of instructors, SO's and other volunteers we will need. So, the first question we need answered is how many people still plan to attend? Please RSVP by posting here and let me know how many people will be with you. Yes, several folks have responded on the original thread, but many of those responses are several weeks old and we need a pretty good count now.

We also need your input concerning activities. We can simply have open shooting in the pistol bays. In addition to static targets, we will utilize the two Texas Stars, our computer controlled pneumatic target pair (Bob & Duck) and our running target (Randy's Runner).

However, we can also do much more. There are a number of seminars we can run, each about 45 to 90 minutes long. Some examples of potential seminar topics include 1) deadly force; 2) real world "carry" tips and issues (including holsters); 3) Steve Vandermolen's "Awareness" seminar; 4) and PSC activities. We can also have topic specific instructional clinics in multiple bays such as IDPA competition, shooting on the move, �house clearing,� and the list goes on.

When you RSVP, please let me know if you would prefer to have a variety of activities, or if you simply want to have open shooting. If the majority of folks want a variety of activities, I’ll post a list of seminars and shooting clinics and let people sign up. If we go this route, each clinic will be offered more than once, so everyone will have the opportunity to attend all clinics they wish. Seminars would be offered one at a time in the blue building.

Let us hear from you folks.

Thanks,
Chas.
Last edited by Charles L. Cotton on Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by seamusTX »

I am going to attend but I am limited to a couple of hours early. I just want to meet people; but open shooting would be fun.

- Jim

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

The wife and I are planning on attending - - - some seminars coupled with some open shooting would be fun.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jbirds1210 »

Kimberly and I will be there. We would both enjoy a variety of shooting and seminar. I am looking foward to it!

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

KinnyLee
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KinnyLee »

RSVP here. Possibly 2 guest. And yes, house clearing sounds great! :grin:

JLaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by JLaw »

I'm in! My wife cannot attend so I'll be solo. For activities, I'd like to see some seminars like you mentioned, carry tips and issues, situational awareness, deadly force, anything of the like. Open shooting would be fun, I would like to see some sort of IDPA style shooting for those of us ( :oops: ) who haven't gotten involved yet, maybe some training or instruction from more seasoned shooters. If there's an interest in this maybe hints and tips on the draw, target ID/aquisition, etc. But you need to have a rule in there that nobody can laugh at JLaw's poor shooting!!! :lol:

JLaw

Piney
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Piney »

We'd be interested in both-- some shooting time as well as some info time (in the a/c ?? LOL)

Count us in for two-- unless Robin gets called into work and we can't make it out.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I'll be there with one guest. I would prefer a variety of seminars.

seadawg221

Post by seadawg221 »

My wife Marilyn and I will be there. I think variety would be best.

Charles, I also think that some information on joining PSC while we are there would be great. I have been meaning to joing but just have not gotten around to it.

dws1117
Posts in topic: 4

Post by dws1117 »

JLaw wrote:I'm in! My wife cannot attend so I'll be solo. For activities, I'd like to see some seminars like you mentioned, carry tips and issues, situational awareness, deadly force, anything of the like. Open shooting would be fun. Maybe some training or instruction from more seasoned shooters. If there's an interest in this maybe hints and tips on the draw, target ID/aquisition, etc.

JLaw
+1

+1000 Texas stars

progun47

Post by progun47 »

Count me in, I will most likely bring wife and daughter. The wife doedn't shoot, but my daughter does. I think we both could learn something in the simanars
"People cannot be effectually oppressed and enslaved, who are not FIRST DISARMED" Texas Supreme Court 1859 (Cockrum vs State)

"Son, you will die with the hammer down on that weapon." Jeff Cooper, Gunsite ranch 6/18/84

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 6

Post by stevie_d_64 »

We're in...thats two...

We may also try to get some new folks to come in as well...TBD...

We'll let you know well before then...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

chongfa
Posts in topic: 5

Post by chongfa »

I am new here, but I am interested. Where is this meeting usually located at?

I really like to attend a seminar by Mr. Vandermolen and anything with IDPA in it is good for me.

Thanks,
Film Hongfa

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

Film-

The range information: http://www.psc-range.com/

Come on out! I look forward to meeting you. Take care.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

chongfa
Posts in topic: 5

Post by chongfa »

Thanks Jason. Well please count me in. I am looking forward to meet more of you guys and gals.

:grin:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”